Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Maduro Review

Default Ashauler Hooked Me Up!!!

Smoked a “Cusano 18 Paired Maduro” today. Ashhauler hooked me up with this wonderful stick(along with a bunch of others) on a recent trade. This was a GREAT smoke. It was described to me as a “Good Spicy Maduro Smoke” and that’s just what it was.

This stick lit well and was mild for the first half of the smoke. The smoke it created was light and creamy. Very nice bouquet that had small hints of strong coffee. The burn was a little uneven but that is pretty much the only thing bad that I can say about this stick. The flavor became more and more spicy towards the end of the stick but it was pleasant, never overpowering. I had a hard time putting this stick down. I almost needed a roach clip to finish it. Once I did finish it, the taste stayed with me long afterward. In short, this was a very enjoyable smoke. I really would like to pick up a box of them for my humi!

Thanks again Ashauler for hooking me up with such a great smoke.

Blog Entries

Nice review Matthew!! Glad you liked the stick.

Blog Entries

Those are one of my favorites, my local sells robustos for about 3 bux
    "We're at NOW now... everything that's hapening now... is happening NOW!"

~ Col. Sanders ~

"I guess all we need to do now is give a shit what you think. I'll work on that."

~ ashauler ~

Default Maduro Fav

I think I have found a favorite maduro, at least for this week.
    And, that fav would be:

The Oliva Series O Maduro Robusto (5x50).

As always, I can't be patient and let my recent purchases go in the humidor for a few weeks to get a good breather, so as soon as UPS rang the doorbell, I tore into the box and fired-up one of these beauties.
    It was the first Oliva I have ever tried and I am impressed. Good burn, easy on the pepper, nice creamy smoke and good all the way down to the fingertips.
    Gotta save-up a few bucks and score a box of these.
    I like pigs. Dogs look up to us. Cats look down on us. Pigs treat us as equals.
    Winston Churchill

Weldon

O so good

6. Default

RP Edge and CAO Boxed Maduros get my bid....

I posted this in another thread but I wanted to make sure some others found it so here is my review of the "Habanos Fuerte"

Smoked a “Habanos Fuerte” tonight. This was the second one of these I have smoked. I was turned on to these by Ashauler some time ago in a trade. The one I got from him was great! The one I smoked tonight I got from a local friend of mine and all I can say is; MAN I forgot just how good these were.

Toasted nicely and the burn was even from start to finish. Thick white smoke and a beautiful bouquet that continued to linger long after I was done. There were a few other people in the room that walked up to me and asked what I was smoking. The ash on this stick was able to build up and I was able to tap it off at my wanting.

Very nice powerful, full bodied smoke with no over powering stinging to the pallet. I loved this cigar more then I loved it the first time. The Dr. Pepper I smoked it with really brought out the spiciness of the stick. I also noted faint caramel and coffee to it as well. The smell of this cigar stayed with me long after I was done and it left me wanting more. I will be in the market for a box of these soon.

If you’re looking for something that will dance on the pallet and not overpower you, this is one you got to try. If you have not had one of these I urge you to try one…Let me know what you think.

Thank you again to Ashauler for turning me on to such a beautiful stick

8. Default Review Request: Rocky Patel Double Maduro

I don't know has anyone tried one of these?

-J Dub

Quote Originally Posted by DeeDubya View Post
    O so good
    Seconded, with enthusiasm.
    Courage is rightly esteemed the first of human qualities... because it is the quality which guarantees all others.
    -Winston Churchill

Quote Originally Posted by slkr4life View Post
    I really dig the Onyx Reserve No. 2. Enjoy the whole cigar but wife asks what the hell i am doing chewing the finish taste at the end. Love that. Actually get sad when it is done.
    +1 great smoke

Blog Entries

Clean-up on aisle three!!!

Default Perdomo Reserve 10th Anniversary Maduro Robusto

I recently had one of these. I got it in an anniversary sampler. I really enjoyed the flavor though I still haven't figured out how to discern what they are yet. It had a great draw, plumes of white smoke and was really well constructed.

I'm still pretty new to cigars but I find I really enjoy maduro's. While I haven't tried a whole lot of different makes/models of cigars as of yet (I'm working on it right...lol) here's a couple of maduro's that I've tried that I've really enjoyed:

- Santa Damiana Vintage Maduro
    - Rocky Patel Vintage 1990, and the Nording maduro
    - CAO MX2
    - Padron Family Reserve 45th Anniversary maduro

My hunting partner was in Coeur d'Alene, ID in mid Oct and brought me back several boxes of cigars and two of the Padron 45th Anniversary cigars. We had those two as our celebratory cigars after his dad bagged his bull moose this year (which I helped him get). Those were VERY tasty cigars. Possibly made better by good company after a good hunt, and sitting on a ridge over a beautiful valley watching the sunset.
    It matters not how strait the gate,
    How charged with punishments the scroll.
    I am the master of my fate:
    I am the captain of my soul.

***William Ernest Henley***

Thread Information