Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My Road Trip so far

Default My Road Trip so far

Got to Atlanta Wednesday evening. The first four hours of the trip were a little tough - had a mild hangover from the night before - but then things settled down after I got some food in me.

The trip has been great so far. I didn't get any takers in the KC area and by the time I got there I was still wide awake so I decided to drive right into Harrison, AR. I got to see the FBO where my planes are at and worked a couple of days. Man, I do miss being around airports. On Sunday afternoon Michael and I took his Baron up for a spin and I got a tour over downtown Branson, then we flew south about 40 miles over some of he wilderness. It is just beautiful country out there. 5 minutes into the flight I remembered that I didn't take a camera, so I didn't get any arial photos. It was good to get up in the air and fly again.

Left there and got to Memphis. I contacted Chris (WOXOF) and found a place close to his home. We arranged to meet at a Fox & Hound a few miles from his house. Elvis was in town and I was able to get a room for Monday night, but Tuesday was booked solid everywhere. Chris met me at the F&H on Monday and he and his beautiful wife offered to let me stay with them on Tuesday. Chris took the Shelby out for a spin and I think he's still smilin'. (I know the feeling.) On Tuesday Chris took me past Graceland and then we went down to the Tobacco Bowl (I think that was the name) and smoked a couple of cigars. After that he took me over to Beale St and that's when I saw Elvis (I'll post a photo later - he has not aged well.) Chefchris and his girlfriend Sarah (a beautiful lady in every way) met us in Southhaven along with metaldonnieg. We had a great time on Tuesday night and I was greatful that I didn't have to start out to Atlanta when the evening was over.

I'm picking up CgarDan at the Atlanta airport tonight and we'll be at the BlueHavanaII for tomorrow's herf. I'm hoping for a good turnout. If you don't want to see me, you can't turn Dan down. Besides, I can earn 20 bucks from ChefChris if I get a picture of Shaggy!

I'm planning on leaving here Monday or Tuesday then it's off to Mobile, Houston, Abilene, and home. I may stop in the Plainview area and visit the cop who arrested me (look up the story in the *what my name means* thread.) We've turned out to be good friends.

That's it for now... If anyone thinks they can meet up send me a PM before Monday or call my cell at 303 810-1777.

By the way... WOXOF never mentioned it, but he must have worked for a valet company parking cars at one time... I'll let him tell you about it...

Hangover? What a wuss.
    Just stop back through Memphis and we'll herf it up again.
    Originally Posted by Heftysmokes:
    Maybe I should do a movie review on Apollo 13 and tell you all "that's as real as it gets" since I'm a fucking astronaut.

luuuucky! Have fun!

Blog Entries

Nice!

I really wish I could make it up to Atlanta tomorrow. Its a 4.5 hour drive from where I'm at though, that and the lady friend gets back in town from summer vacation.

Which way are you going to get to Mobile? Tallahassee is sort of on the way down from Atlanda depending on which way you go. Let me know if you happen to drive through.
    Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere. -- Carl Sagan

Blog Entries

Sounds like a blast. If you happen to slide through Montana on your way to Atlanta, shoot me a message.

I was never too good with geography.

Sounds like you had a blast, let me know if you're ever in Houston and we'll hook up.
    There's only two kinds of cigars, the kind you like and the kind you don't.

Quote Originally Posted by Shelby07 View Post
    Besides, I can earn 20 bucks from ChefChris if I get a picture of Shaggy!
    WTH? I am worth at least $100.00.

Quote Originally Posted by Shagaroo View Post
    WTH? I am worth at least $100.00.
    Bring a picture of Eryll Flynn and we'll split the 100 bucks!

Quote Originally Posted by cigar no baka View Post
    Sounds like you had a blast, let me know if you're ever in Houston and we'll hook up.
    I will be in Houston later this week. Going to hook up with some folks at Robusto's. Let me know if you can make it. I'm still not quite sure when I will be there. I was planning on getting in on Tuesday night, but I might stay here an extra day and hit Mobile on Tuesday night. ReV said they were already planning something then. I'll probably be in Houston on Wed and/or Thu. Call me on my cell if you can make it.

I will be in Houston later this week. Going to hook up with some folks at Robusto's. Let me know if you can make it. I'm still not quite sure when I will be there. I was planning on getting in on Tuesday night, but I might stay here an extra day and hit Mobile on Tuesday night. ReV said they were already planning something then. I'll probably be in Houston on Wed and/or Thu. Call me on my cell if you can make it.
    Well Tues and Wed are out, I will be in a training class all day on the far west end of town, but I can connect oon Thursday night.

Where is Robustos? I've never heard of it.

spiffy

Quote Originally Posted by spiffykyle View Post
    Where is Robustos? I've never heard of it.

spiffy
    http://www.robustocigarlounge.com/

It's a new lounge in Katy TX that a bunch of folks from another board frequent. It's supposed to be a great place to sit and herf. It's run by a couple who are cigar enthusiasts. The address is on their web page.

http://www.robustocigarlounge.com/

It's a new lounge in Katy TX that a bunch of folks from another board frequent. It's supposed to be a great place to sit and herf. It's run by a couple who are cigar enthusiasts. The address is on their web page.

If its the one I've heard of, the cigar lounge is members only, annual fee runs $1000+. You can smoke in the bar (for now, the suburbs are consideirng no-smoking laws like the one that is just about to start in Houston) without paying any membership fee though.

I just realized, my training class is on the same side of town as Robustos, so I can make it any night. Call me on my cel when you pick a day and I will meet y'all there.

What happened to our intrepid traveller? Chain break on that go-cart he was riding around in?

Finally got the photos off my phone. Only one was worth keeping...

(Mark, DiscoDog, Dan L-R)

Blog Entries

When did Chris get married? Congrats!

http://www.cmt.com/videos/eric-churc...le-smoke.jhtml?

"Do this...go to Google and type in "Dumbass that can't take a hint"...notice the picture of a big feller in his Moms kitchen with a can of Wannabe RockStar on his man boob...Hey, that's you!" TheGreekTitan

May God grant us the wisdom to discover right, the will to

choose it, and the strength

to make it endure

Quote Originally Posted by cinda View Post
    Wrong Chris but thanks for the congrats.

Quote Originally Posted by cinda View Post
    I'm a freebird baby.
    You gotta set me free.

Don't tell Sarah.
    Originally Posted by Heftysmokes:
    Maybe I should do a movie review on Apollo 13 and tell you all "that's as real as it gets" since I'm a fucking astronaut.

I met Mark (Shelby) and Frank (from Cigar Live) at the Smoke Ring, the B&M that got me into cigars and where I now work occasionally. We had a huge shrimp boil/cigar event. Lito Gomez came by to mingle, sign stuff (although he told us he is always embarassed when he gets asked to sign something), and many, many cigars were bought and smoked.

We had one helluva event, I got to talk to Mark and Frank for about an hour or so. Mark has one incredible car, something I am shooting for when I reach retirement age in about 10 years (I'm shooting for retirement at 50, something I've been planning and saving for since I was about 20, so I'm well on my way there). Mark was very kind to give me two Camacho Triple maduoros after I told him I hadn't had one yet.

I'm all smoked out and trashed today. We went on till 2AM with music, cigars and merriment. Went to bed around 2:30 and got up at 6:30 still feeling and tasting shrimp, alcohol and the six or so cigars I smoked the prior evening. So I'm dragging all day, but I did make it into work. I don't let being 40 stop me, it just takes longer to recover the next day.

Mark, great to finally meet you. If I ever make it up to Denver I will contact you so we can hook up again.

Thread Information