Thread: How to cognac infuse your cigars

SFG75 Guest

Lightbulb How to cognac infuse your cigars

Got this from a great book.

You can easily create your own cognac-flavored cigar. Take a few mild smokes and toss them in a tight-sealing plastic container large enough to hold the cigars and a shotglass filled with brandy, cognac, or Calvados. Snap on the lid and leave in a dark place for a few weeks or until the brandy evaporates. your smokes will acquire a subtle, "spirited" flavor!.

Waste of good Cognac and a cigar...

I will have to try it though. I've got a couple mild cigars that taste like paper they are so mild. This might be the only way I'll smoke them.
    Last edited by Cigar Jack; 05-27-2005 at 01:32 PM.

sounds interesting, i'll have to try that sometime

SFG75 Guest

I have five Colina naturals(mixed-fil cigars from Costa Rica) that I'm going to try this with. Should be a fun experiment.

Sounds interesting . . .

Could you try that with:

Yeagermeister
    Thunderbird
    Pabst Blue Ribbon
    Zima

Hmmmmmmmmm
    Let us so live that when we come to die even the undertaker will be sorry. - - Mark Twain

SFG75 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by jaewing
    Sounds interesting . . .

Could you try that with:

Yeagermeister
    Thunderbird
    Pabst Blue Ribbon
    Zima

Hmmmmmmmmm

Hmmmm, well, a cigar is basically sponge. So whatever you put it with in an air tight container, it will certainly take on some of that object's characteristics. Might be worth a try!.

I am so stoked about this now. I put my five colinas in a zip-lock baggie with a small cup of Dalmore cigar malt. It's in the basement in a completely dark environment and I will check up on it sometime at the end of the month. Man, I can't wait to see what those babies will taste like!.

This definitely works...I have had some Fleur de Lis toros hanging out with Jack Black for a few months. The combo is nice although when you want to smoke one, it needs to sit in the open air a bit. Have tried this with cognac, rum and mexican vanilla, and Jim Beam Black. Great way to utilize otherwise nondescript cigars.
    KOTL--grow your own and smoke it!!!!

Thread Information