Thread: Cigarbouts.com

SFG75 Guest

Talking Cigarbouts.com

This is a site that features "micro-rolled" cigars and is trying to get the word out about them. They host "bouts" where their cigars face off against the mass-produced premiums. You can check them out here:
    http://www.cigarbout.net/services.html

Cigar Aficionado also covered their event and featured famous former heavyweights like Gerry Conney and Chuck Wepner. In case you may not know, Wepner was the man who inspired Sylvester Stallone to create the Rocky movies(Wepner floored Ali in a fight, but lost by decision)
    http://www.cigaraficionado.com/Cigar...1,1039,00.html

2. Default

too bad the dumass who runs joya de panama cant send out the samples he promised to people. Seems he has screwed people on the "Island " board and lied and stalled and finally just left the board without saying shit. I think I will look around for him and piss in his ear for a while ,I'm bored anyway. Why don't somebody invite him here so we can have a little fun wth a proven liar

K7
    The older I get ,the better I was

SFG75 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by kevin7
    too bad the dumass who runs joya de panama cant send out the samples he promised to people. Seems he has screwed people on the "Island " board and lied and stalled and finally just left the board without saying shit. I think I will look around for him and piss in his ear for a while ,I'm bored anyway. Why don't somebody invite him here so we can have a little fun wth a proven liar

K7
    Yeah, I was promised some awhile back. What annoyed me wasn't a statement like: "I'll mail it tomorrow...." but rather, because he said he did mail 'em off and I never got them!. To me it's an issue of carrying through with what you promise. With that being said, there are some other "micro-company" cigar makers that make some good cigars and that have their act together. I might buy some more domestic cigar factory 'gars next month.

Quote Originally Posted by SFG75
    This is a site that features "micro-rolled" cigars and is trying to get the word out about them. They host "bouts" where their cigars face off against the mass-produced premiums. You can check them out here:
    http://www.cigarbout.net/services.html

Cigar Aficionado also covered their event and featured famous former heavyweights like Gerry Conney and Chuck Wepner. In case you may not know, Wepner was the man who inspired Sylvester Stallone to create the Rocky movies(Wepner floored Ali in a fight, but lost by decision)
    http://www.cigaraficionado.com/Cigar...1,1039,00.html

Scott - what would possess you to post this this crap promoting a site that promoting cigars from a known liar... There are QUITE a few people who are not happy with this guy. You even appeared to change your opinion after Kevin rightly called this guy out, but in your initial post when you started this thread, you appear to be validating his product. I'm not sure which side of the fence you're on with this guy...

First of all - these cigars are crap. I've heard enough reviews of his product to know it's not something I'm interested in. Secondly, he's been on several boards promising to send out samplers. It seems VERY few have received their promised smokes. Thirdly, this site is only promoting Joya de Panama cigars - nothing else. And the next "event" they have scheduled is already over a month done with no results listed... WTF They don't even mention any other cigar, other than the Joya de Panama (which is rather odd, considering they say they are going "micro-rolled" "against more widely known mass-market brands in a blind taste test.")

The Cigar Aficionado article you point to is blatant promotion for Joya de Panama. To say anything is would be insane. This whole "cigar bout" thing is a full on promotion for JDP...

I'd steer clear of this one, and I certainly wouldn't be promoting anything remotely related to lending credibility to this guy or this product.... But, then - who am I??? You guys decide for yourselves. Ask for a free sampler - I'm sure he'll send it to you...
    Last edited by ggiese; 05-29-2005 at 01:03 PM.

Blog Entries

One of my friends finally got his cigars from Dave and he said they were "okay" but nothing to write home about.

I'm not that interested in trying them but then again, I'm a cigar snob anyway.

You guys who prefer milder smokes may like them (that is if you ever get a chance to sample them).

Thread Information