Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: New guy saying Hello/Intro

Quote Originally Posted by chadth View Post
    Welcome aboard from WA! What is your home system setup? I dabbled as an audiophile but it is on hold until I remodel the room.
    home setup is a little weak at this point. i have been spending money all over the place. i have a 53 inch panny rear projection (big depth wise but the picture is still amazing). a pioneer vsx-1014 receiver, a decent panny s-97 upconverting dvd player, and some old ass speakers. my next purchase is going to be new speakers. im thinking im going to go with the swan series in cherry. they have a 30 day in home trial and im sure i wont be disappointed. dedicated sub will be a bit later and it will probably be an svs 10 inch tube or box. i figure i will really start when i get a basement again.

remodeling is always the time to throw some wires in the walls and or ceiling

Quote Originally Posted by chefchris View Post
    Welcome from MS

You like wrestling?

Me, either.
    haha

me either. the ufc on the other hand, me likey.

Quote Originally Posted by gaines1016 View Post
    haha

me either. the ufc on the other hand, me likey.
    UFC? Is that the Ultimate Warrior Fights Catholic Incredible Hulk league?

I like that, too.
    Originally Posted by Heftysmokes:
    Maybe I should do a movie review on Apollo 13 and tell you all "that's as real as it gets" since I'm a fucking astronaut.

Quote Originally Posted by chefchris View Post
    UFC? Is that the Ultimate Warrior Fights Catholic Incredible Hulk league?

I like that, too.
    haha, you got me again. the sad part is when i was little i did watch wrestling and the unltimate warrior was my favorite guy. but it was the 80s and the hair was pretty badass then

then i quit watching and the sexy girls started coming out of the woodwork to be on there. thank god i bounced, the hard-ons would have effected my brain forever.

and for those that dont know, this is the one that effected my "brain"

Somehow I have the feeling you will feel right at home here

And if you keep posting pics of hot girls you just might get some cigar bombs from the appreciative crowd

haha, you got me again. the sad part is when i was little i did watch wrestling and the unltimate warrior was my favorite guy. but it was the 80s and the hair was pretty badass then

then i quit watching and the sexy girls started coming out of the woodwork to be on there. thank god i bounced, the hard-ons would have effected my brain forever.

and for those that dont know, this is the one that effected my "brain"

home setup is a little weak at this point. i have been spending money all over the place. i have a 53 inch panny rear projection (big depth wise but the picture is still amazing). a pioneer vsx-1014 receiver, a decent panny s-97 upconverting dvd player, and some old ass speakers. my next purchase is going to be new speakers. im thinking im going to go with the swan series in cherry. they have a 30 day in home trial and im sure i wont be disappointed. dedicated sub will be a bit later and it will probably be an svs 10 inch tube or box. i figure i will really start when i get a basement again.

remodeling is always the time to throw some wires in the walls and or ceiling
    I bought a SVS cylinder a few years back and am very happy with it. I about took my house of the foundation "playing" with it.
    For let a man, as most men do, rate themselves at the highest value they can, yet their true value is no more than it is esteemed by others. -Thomas Hobbes

Quote Originally Posted by chadth View Post
    I bought a SVS cylinder a few years back and am very happy with it. I about took my house of the foundation "playing" with it.
    thats what i hear about those things, although i have never heard one in person. but all the home theater people generally agree that svs makes the best sub on the market. did you get a 10 or 12?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by WOXOF View Post
    till I hurt myself!!

Oh yeah, welcome to the board from KS, a.k.a. the windy pits of hell.

Blog Entries

Welcome from SC

I'm into bowhunting also. the season started here last week, so I'm in the woods every weekend 'till january
    "We're at NOW now... everything that's hapening now... is happening NOW!"

~ Col. Sanders ~

"I guess all we need to do now is give a shit what you think. I'll work on that."

~ ashauler ~

Quote Originally Posted by bigwhiteash View Post
    Welcome from SC

I'm into bowhunting also. the season started here last week, so I'm in the woods every weekend 'till january
    cool man. you will have to post up so pics if you get something. the season starts up here in 2 weeks but i probably wont go out untill october or november. i have problems with scent control when i have to hike a mile up some big hills in camo carrying all my crap, then climb a tree in 95 degree weather:)

actually the place i hunt is about 4 hours away and my friends dad and his friends own the cabin so we have to figure out weekends when we can both make it down to the spot. so i usually only get into the tree 2 or 3 weekends a year

thats what i hear about those things, although i have never heard one in person. but all the home theater people generally agree that svs makes the best sub on the market. did you get a 10 or 12?
    If I remember correctly, its the 20-39 which is the 12".
    For let a man, as most men do, rate themselves at the highest value they can, yet their true value is no more than it is esteemed by others. -Thomas Hobbes

Blog Entries

cool man. you will have to post up so pics if you get something. the season starts up here in 2 weeks but i probably wont go out untill october or november. i have problems with scent control when i have to hike a mile up some big hills in camo carrying all my crap, then climb a tree in 95 degree weather:)

actually the place i hunt is about 4 hours away and my friends dad and his friends own the cabin so we have to figure out weekends when we can both make it down to the spot. so i usually only get into the tree 2 or 3 weekends a year
    I was up in stand last night, it was hot as hell, and I got busted out right at dusk by a 6 pointer.... smelled me about 60 yards away, and just stood there looking at me. All I could do was wish I had my rifle
    "We're at NOW now... everything that's hapening now... is happening NOW!"

~ Col. Sanders ~

"I guess all we need to do now is give a shit what you think. I'll work on that."

~ ashauler ~

Quote Originally Posted by bigwhiteash View Post
    I was up in stand last night, it was hot as hell, and I got busted out right at dusk by a 6 pointer.... smelled me about 60 yards away, and just stood there looking at me. All I could do was wish I had my rifle
    where i hunt you cant even legally take a six point. unless it has 4 points on one antler and 2 on the other. its pretty strange but antlered deer must have at least 4 points on one antler before it can be harvested. i usually shoot does.
    Last edited by gaines1016; 09-10-2007 at 09:41 PM.

where i hunt you cant even legally take a six point. unless it has 4 points on on antler and 2 on the other. its pretty strange but antlered dear must have at least 4 points on one antler before it can be harvested. i usually shoot does.
    What type of deer do you hunt?
    {*insert snide remark here*}
    Trader Rating: +2112

Quote Originally Posted by drew_goring View Post
    What type of deer do you hunt?
    whitetails. we have some big boys out here in iowa, illinois, nebraska, kansas and missouri. unfortunately none of them walk within 40 yards of my archery stand

whitetails. we have some big boys out here in iowa, illinois, nebraska, kansas and missouri. unfortunately none of them walk within 40 yards of my archery stand
    Good stuff. The current world record holder is from my hometown. One year I shot a 10 pointer within 100 yards of our yardsite that scored just over 160. Definitely some monsters out here as well.

Good stuff. The current world record holder is from my hometown. One year I shot a 10 pointer within 100 yards of our yardsite that scored just over 160. Definitely some monsters out here as well.
    nice. where do you live? i assume the havana, cuba location you have listed is just for fun.

nice. where do you live? i assume the havana, cuba location you have listed is just for fun.
    Born and raised in a small town in Saskatchewan, Canada. The hunter who shot the deer was Milo Hanson. I believe it scored 213 and change.

It was actually shot once in the base of the horn. If it would have broken, it would have not been scored.

Born and raised in a small town in Saskatchewan, Canada. The hunter who shot the deer was Milo Hanson. I believe it scored 213 and change.

It was actually shot once in the base of the horn. If it would have broken, it would have not been scored.
    yep that pic is of the world record holding "typical". what the hell was the guy aiming at if he almost blasted an antler off? a brain shot?

ahhh, canada. yep, from what i have heard they have a shit load of monsters up there.

Thread Information