Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I just had a Nepalese Warrior

The foothills of the Sierra mountains about 50 miles west of Lake Tahoe.

Default I just had a Nepalese Warrior

Oh My Freakin' Gosh!

I know this is ChefChris's favorite cigar. I've had a few in my humidor for about 6 months but I haven't tried one yet. So this evening I made an otter pop martini (That's what we call Blueberry vodka martinis here) and grabbed a Fat Tire Ale and a Ghurka NW and set out to watch the sunset.

Folks here have said that the stinkier a cigar is unlit the better it taste while lit. Well this was a stinking sucker, but it was surprisingly mellow on the palette. I'm feeling a very big nicotine hit (maybe it's just the martini. Nope the martini is only half empty) and the flavors were dark and strong but very pleasant.

I Like These! I think I like them a lot!

Meanwhile, I just broke down and bid for 3 different 5 packs on cigar bid. I've been "clean" from CBid for over 6 months. But I shared several cigars with a buddy last week and then sent him home with a few and my humidor just looked so empty. Oh well.

But Ghurka NW are nice. I may have to bid on another 5 since I've given away 3 of them.

Awesome! I might have to smoke one tonite to celebrate your first review since your last purchase on CBid.
    Originally Posted by Heftysmokes:
    Maybe I should do a movie review on Apollo 13 and tell you all "that's as real as it gets" since I'm a fucking astronaut.

Thumbs up

In my opinion.....one of Ghurka's best.
    "No one can tell me what is a good cigar -- for me. I am the only judge. There are no standards -- no real standards. Each man's preference is the only standard for him, the only one which he can accept, the only one which can command him."
    ~ Mark Twain

I've been meaning to try these. I might have to out bit one of you.

5. Default Nepalese Warrior

Although new to this site, I am not new to the Gurkha brand. To my personal palate the NW and the Puro are fine cigars. I gave the owner of my local B&M a NW to try, in hopes of him stocking them. If you like Gurkhas here is a site with a special deal on their top brands. I am not affiliated with this site, but I did order one of these.
    http://www.tampahumidor.com/sitedire...B65EE6A92682DF
    DrHalle says, a quality cigar is good for what ails you.

The foothills of the Sierra mountains about 50 miles west of Lake Tahoe.

Default Cbid

Cigar bid has one lot of 15 5-packs and somebody has bid on all 15 of them. I wouldn't mind bidding $20 or so on just one of them but I bet the guy who wants all of them has probably already over bid me..

I've had one of these in my humi for awhile...now I have something to look forward to! Thanks for the heads up!

yeah, I got one of these from ChefChris a while ago, smoked it, then promptly went on CBID to buy a bunch. They are now one of my favorites that I go to when I want something good.

I find they really open up after the first half developing a little sweetness in the flavor.

just got a 5er from c-bid. gonna let them sit a while.
    "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity,
    and I'm not sure about the former." -
    Albert Einstein

I got 10 of em from cbid in december. I have 1 left and and forcing myself to hold onto it for a special occasion. I love the NW. I know it is a Class Regent with a different wrapper, any one had both and could offer a comparison?

got 10 of those coming in on Monday.

Quote Originally Posted by nhcigarfan View Post
    got 10 of those coming in on Monday.
    good for you, you wont be let down!

I love these smokes. They are my Friday gar while driving home from work. Although I seem to always have a problem with the wrapper after cutting. It never fails that it will start to unravel a bit or chip off. Ive only ever had 2 or 3 cut perfectly without incident.

So I was wondering if anyone else had this problem with these, or is it just me?

My Gurkha hall arrived. 10 NW and 10 of the regent class, both toros. Got the NW for 13 bucks a 5 pack and the regents 15 bucks a 5 pack for a total of 60 with shipping.

3 bucks a stick. Go c-bid.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Mizicke5273 View Post
    snip....
    So I was wondering if anyone else had this problem with these, or is it just me?
    Its just you.

j/k it was just too easy to pass up.

Quote Originally Posted by ashauler View Post
    Its just you.

j/k it was just too easy to pass up.

So does that mean its not just me? I r confused.

Cameroon wrappers are fragile. Maybe you're cutting off too much.

A trick that Shelby showed me that really helped; try putting pressure on the end of the cap (what your about to cut off). In other words, push the end of the cigar down towards the cutter. I don't know if this is really coming out right.

I would also experiment with cutting off less.
    Maybe I should do a movie review on Apollo 13 and tell you all "that's as real as it gets" since I'm a fucking astronaut.

Quote Originally Posted by chefchris View Post
    Cameroon wrappers are fragile. Maybe you're cutting off too much.

A trick that Shelby showed me that really helped; try putting pressure on the end of the cap (what your about to cut off). In other words, push the end of the cigar down towards the cutter. I don't know if this is really coming out right.

I would also experiment with cutting off less.

So hold the cigar vertically with the cap pointing down? Ill try that, or just use my punch on them from now on.

Kinda had me scared for a bit cuz I was worried that they were to dry. For some reason there is roughly a 7% difference btw the top and bottom of my desktop humi, or so says the hydgro. But everything smokes great out of it, so I dont know I kinda dont worry about it anymore now. But with the last war I had it kinda got me worried again.

doesn't matter how you hold it, just put one finger on the cap of the cigar and apply pressure pushing back down towards the cutter.

how much do you usually cut off?

I normally try to stay under an 1/16 of an in. or so if possible which usually equals out to a wee bit before the cap straightens out. Or at least thats what I aim for. Me and Xikar still have some fights at times though.

Thread Information