Thread: Check this thing out!!

Default Check this thing out!!

So I stopped by my favorite place today and I got a nice Surprise.

I may have to replace my Oasis-XL! Mike(TampaHumidor) was quick to let me in on his new humidification device.

It looks to have a bigger "tank" than the Oasis-XL, the Hygrometer that is built in is adjustable(the one in my oasis is 4 points off), and it has an audible alarm that tells you when the water is out(he said you can disable too I think). The thing I liked the most is it has an expandable cable that lets you run up to 2 or 3 fans.

He also said you can run the aux fans constant or intermitant with the fan in the unit.

I had my digi so I took some pics. This I think will help alleviate the need for the Oust fan I have already. And it's cheaper than the oasis.

I am gonna be getting one of these in the next few days. Anyone need an Oasis XL?

Oh yea..that Puros Indios Cheif in the picture..yea that went home with me today! LOL
    Last edited by guado; 08-27-2007 at 09:49 PM.

looks pretty dope. if you get a chance to "test drive" one the only question i would have is the accuracy of the humidity. im new so i dont have a lot of experience, but damn i have been shocked at how good those beads can keep up in a piece of tupperware. and next of course would be the price tag. keep us updated.

Quote Originally Posted by gaines1016 View Post
    looks pretty dope. if you get a chance to "test drive" one the only question i would have is the accuracy of the humidity. im new so i dont have a lot of experience, but damn i have been shocked at how good those beads can keep up in a piece of tupperware. and next of course would be the price tag. keep us updated.
    My oasis is off by about 4 points. This one you can calibrate the hygrometer on it so where you set it is where it will stay.

I like these things because I can use beads but the circulating moist air is able to get to all my sticks in the cabinet alot more effectively.

Quote Originally Posted by Kayakinboy View Post
    I just picked mine up today at tampahumidor. Gonna get it setup tomorrow! It's $89.95 normal price.

I trust Mike's(tampa humi) customer service over cheaphumidors ANY DAY.

I have never had the chance to look at the Oasis or this up close, but can you provide some insight on how this works? Do they just hold water and turn a fan on when the humidity threshold is reached? If so, what prohibits the water from just evaporating into the air without the aid of a fan?

Sorry for the newb questions.
    Last edited by chadth; 08-28-2007 at 04:46 PM.
    For let a man, as most men do, rate themselves at the highest value they can, yet their true value is no more than it is esteemed by others. -Thomas Hobbes

Quote Originally Posted by chadth View Post
    I have never had the chance to look at the Oasis or this up close, but can you provide some insight on how this works? Do they just hold water and turn a fan on when the humidity threshold is reached? If so, what prohibits the water from just evaporating into the air without the aid of a fan?

Sorry for the newb questions.
    http://www.cigaroasis.com/faq.html

I think the canisters are fairly well sealed when the fan is not running.
    {*insert snide remark here*}
    Trader Rating: +2112

8. Default

Quote Originally Posted by guado View Post
    I just picked mine up today at tampahumidor. Gonna get it setup tomorrow! It's $89.95 normal price.

I trust Mike's(tampa humi) customer service over cheaphumidors ANY DAY.
    Amen to that, brother. Mike rocks.

What are the dimensions on your old one, and how much are you asking for it?

10. Default

the Hydra is a nice humidifier and works quite well....
    Not that I am trying to promote my site, but I sell the hydra... I just happen to be running a monthly special on hydra so I thought I would let you know... jamestowntinderbox.com

Special is: WILL RECEIVE A FREE 5 SAMPLE PACK OF GURKHA CIGARS WHEN YOU PURCHASE THE HYDRA HUMIDIFIER!

11. Default

Does Tamp Humidor have a retail shop? They have a humidor on their website I'd like to check out in person before I buy it. Plus, I'd probably pick it up to save shipping costs. Anyone? TIA.

Thread Information