Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Looking for Drew Estate Subculture

Default Looking for Drew Estate Subculture

So I was browsing the DE website looking for some new cigars they have in the works (supposedly they will have 2 new traditional cigars on the way and one of them sounded pretty darn good) but got distracted in the "subculture" section.
    The Ronin Deluxe, the NA!, Sahuara Negra and a couple others all piqued my interest.

I was wondering if anyone lived near these places or happened to have one some to share. Looks like I may be able to get the Mojo if I can find that store (in MI) near me. I can trade for sticks of similar value or just pay you outright.

Lemme know and thanks,

n2

Still lookin'

I did see the new Chateau Real in the shop today, anyone tried one of those?

3. Default Drew Estate

i am glad i found this page...
    i am on a quest to smoke every Drew Estate cigar possible... well.. at least one of each... i can supply any info i have... what i own... what i've smoked... if necessary (at least associated with the SUBCULTURE line). let me know what info you are looking for.

mikey

Quote Originally Posted by the REAL mikey View Post
    i am glad i found this page...
    i am on a quest to smoke every Drew Estate cigar possible... well.. at least one of each... i can supply any info i have... what i own... what i've smoked... if necessary (at least associated with the SUBCULTURE line). let me know what info you are looking for.

mikey
    Prolly not gonna happen Skipper, most fellas on this board frown on flavored cigars and when you call your natural cigars "Dirt" you may not get many takers. Drew Estate sucks.

Disclaimer:
    The above views are the belief of prophetic_joe and should in no way be considered representative of cigarsmokers.com or it's other members. Although prophetic_joe hopes his friends stay away from Drew Estate.
    "I'm a leaf on the wind watch how I soar."
    Hoban Washburn

5. Default

i am sorry to hear of the lack of open mindedness and the severe missuse of the term "flavored" on this board.

carry on gents

i am sorry to hear of the lack of open mindedness and the severe missuse of the term "flavored" on this board.

carry on gents
    So then what would you call most of the shit that Drew Estates produces?
    {*insert snide remark here*}
    Trader Rating: +2112

bigpoppapuff Guest

drew estates actually makes some very good product that isn't flavored......and i still have some of his original la vieja habana's from '98.....

Smile

I enjoy The Early Years Silencio.

Welcome back Sid.
    "No one can tell me what is a good cigar -- for me. I am the only judge. There are no standards -- no real standards. Each man's preference is the only standard for him, the only one which he can accept, the only one which can command him."
    ~ Mark Twain

9. Default

carry on gents
    Who in the hell are you? You have a total of two posts and dare to to post that shit. This ain't your house...You don't know enough to be judgemental of anyone here.

Who opened the door to Asshatville and let this guy in?

Quote Originally Posted by bigpoppapuff View Post
    drew estates actually makes some very good product that isn't flavored......and i still have some of his original la vieja habana's from '98.....
    Yup. So I have heard. Which is why I said most.

Do you know...has Drew Estates always had a large line of flavored cigars? Or did they just start doing that in recent times?

Blog Entries

In addition to the La Vieja Habana, Drew Estates also makes the Chateau Real, which is a good solid non-flavored smoke, IMHO.

I have some La vieja Habanas that where in tubes with a CT wrapper. Not a bad smoke at all.

Oh and Mr. 2 posts, please enlighten us as to the proper use of the term "flavored"

bigpoppapuff Guest

hmmm...lemme see if i can remember......jon's original brand was "cimaro"..(i think)..
    .......then he came out with "la vieja habana".....a very good cigar,but got caught up in the end of the boom craziness.
    lars tetens were doing pretty well and jon and his partner,marvin samel,decided to do the "acid" line...."acid" took off like a rocket...lars couldn't keep pace ........jon kept adding to the "acid" part of the line....then,decided to re-launch "LVH"...not the same as the original,but new packaging and a mixed filled lower price offering....after this,steve saka joined the company and are now offering the current additions to the line...

it's a very hot line...and quite a success story....

jon's name,btw,is not jonathon drew....that's his first and middle name...his last name is Sann......he really is a nice guy....

14. Thumbs up

This is why you're needed!!!!!!
    "No one can tell me what is a good cigar -- for me. I am the only judge. There are no standards -- no real standards. Each man's preference is the only standard for him, the only one which he can accept, the only one which can command him."
    ~ Mark Twain

hmmm...lemme see if i can remember......jon's original brand was "cimaro"..(i think)..
    .......then he came out with "la vieja habana".....a very good cigar,but got caught up in the end of the boom craziness.
    lars tetens were doing pretty well and jon and his partner,marvin samel,decided to do the "acid" line...."acid" took off like a rocket...lars couldn't keep pace ........jon kept adding to the "acid" part of the line....then,decided to re-launch "LVH"...not the same as the original,but new packaging and a mixed filled lower price offering....after this,steve saka joined the company and are now offering the current additions to the line...

it's a very hot line...and quite a success story....

jon's name,btw,is not jonathon drew....that's his first and middle name...his last name is Sann......he really is a nice guy....
    Cool. Thanks for the information.

16. Default

I would like to apologize to the folks I may have offended based on my remark based on a reaction to the little person who feels all opinions should match his/her own. I have come to find that most cigar smokers make a league of people willing to share and appreciate life, not attempt to belittle someone else's. However, I am glad to hear a spark was started in this conversation to show many sides of Drew Estate cigars.

I just tried the new line of La Vieja Habana, specifically the African Cameroon wrapper, the best $2 cigar in my opinion. The new Chateau Real line... a good cigar that I believe to be overpriced. I don't only smoke Drew Estate cigars, I recently smoke a Ashton Aged Maduro and fell in love (just an example).

I do not feel Drew Estate makes "flavored" cigars. They try there damnedest to avoid that word, and until we know the secret behind how they do it, I will not paste that label on them. What I do feel that they produce is:

gourmet
    traditional
    spiced
    infused cigars

I guess I am glad I came back before losing interest based on a negative comment.

Thanks and good smokes to all who listen.

mikey

I would like to apologize to the folks I may have offended based on my remark based on a reaction to the little person who feels all opinions should match his/her own. I have come to find that most cigar smokers make a league of people willing to share and appreciate life, not attempt to belittle someone else's. However, I am glad to hear a spark was started in this conversation to show many sides of Drew Estate cigars.

I just tried the new line of La Vieja Habana, specifically the African Cameroon wrapper, the best $2 cigar in my opinion. The new Chateau Real line... a good cigar that I believe to be overpriced. I don't only smoke Drew Estate cigars, I recently smoke a Ashton Aged Maduro and fell in love (just an example).

I do not feel Drew Estate makes "flavored" cigars. They try there damnedest to avoid that word, and until we know the secret behind how they do it, I will not paste that label on them. What I do feel that they produce is:

gourmet
    traditional
    spiced
    infused cigars

I guess I am glad I came back before losing interest based on a negative comment.

mikey
    So...what is the difference between spiced, infused and flavored, oh knowledgeable one?

Let me ask you one question...do you have any sort of business relationship with Drew Estates?

gourmet
    traditional
    spiced
    infused cigars

mikey

If I'm not mistaken if a cigar is infused it means that they put something in the cigar..... it couldn't possibly be flavor could it???
    "Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem."
    PRESIDENT RONALD REAGAN, 1985

Blog Entries

DE makes flavored cigars. Period.

gourmet
    traditional
    spiced
    infused cigars

mikey
    I can only guess that means meand that statement just shows me how little you know. I did not attempt to belittle you in anyway. I simply stated that not many people here enjoy flavored cigars. That is plain and simple a fact. The person who started this thread was one of the few exceptions to this and you will notice he is no longer around. It is for this reason I believed you were a fan of flavored cigars as well.

I also stated that I dislike Drew Estate. My reason for this is that I don't view Drew Estate as a true cigar guy, he seems to me to be someone who is just darn good at marketing and very good at coming up with gimmicks. Now I have been wrong before and will probably be wrong again in the near future, but this is my perception of the guy at this point in time. He has obviously found and audience though as his cigars sell very well, I however don't like the idea of smoking things called "Dirt, Root, Twig, or Nasty" and what the fuck is Kuba Kuba?

As far as infused cigars not being flavored cigars that is just plain ridiculous. He uses herbs, and flowers and other aromatics to change the FLAVOR of his tobacco, call it anything you want but this is indeed making a flavored cigar. The fact is he may have some other great smokes but I have been hesitant to try them because of the Acid line.

I'll make you a deal though you send me what you think to be the best Drew Estate cigar I will then moke it and give a honest review. If I like it I will send you what you paid for it, if not you're out the cash and the cigar.

I am nothing if not openminded.
    "I'm a leaf on the wind watch how I soar."
    Hoban Washburn

Thread Information