Thread: Up for the Weekend Smokes

1. Default Up for the Weekend Smokes

Last weekend I started the college football season off with some special sticks. I then moved on to my favorite weekend pastime, grilling. Which if done correctly requires cigars. I started the weekend off with a Aristoff White Label Perfecto Minor with coffe. (I love these little cigars, nice looking and flavorful.) For the early game I smoked a Gurkha Grand Reserve Connecticut
    Robusto #4. I am a Gurkha fan and these are, for me, a sports stick. (Which means good with a mixed drink or choice of beverage.) And for the big game, I picked a Tatuaja Havana VI Hermosos. (Great for pumping up the old heart with the spiciness and pepper.)
    The next day I opened with a Padron 2000, this enabled me to clean the grill and prepare the ribs for the cookout. I slow cooked the ribs on the smoker. (225 degrees for 3 hours, lots of hickory smoke ) During the cooking while sitting on the deck I fired up my personal favorite Gurkha Class Regent Nepalese Warrior. ( just a joy for me smoke one of these sticks ) And to finish the day after the ribs were eaten, a Romeo y Julieta Reserve Maduro.
    All in all a pretty good weekend, my college team won and the ribs were delicious. Looking forward to this coming weekend with the Pro's playing on Sunday.( Go Jag's )
    What special smokes or special plans do you have for this weekend?
    I am just a newbie here, but I am interested in what you all smoke.
    DrHalle says, a quality cigar is good for what ails you.

Right now I'm grilling some chicken. I've got friends over and we're watching this movie about the army vs some werewolves. It's called Dog Soldiers. I plan on having a couple of beers and smoking something nice. Not sure what yet.
    Originally Posted by Heftysmokes:
    Maybe I should do a movie review on Apollo 13 and tell you all "that's as real as it gets" since I'm a fucking astronaut.

Usually smoke something when drinking or am drunk, like now, Don Kiki or Perdomo is what I smoke when I'm drinking. This usually occurs on the weekend.

4. Default

I love to smoke after a game, because I will not smoke until my team has won (I am a little superstitious). Being the huge Gator fan that I am, I have had many a reason to light up over the past two years. We shall see what this year has in store for me.

2006 Basketball Championship - Carlos Torano Exodus 1959 Torpedo with Crown Royal Special Reserve

2006 Football Championship - Cohiba Esplendido (isom) with The Macallan 12 year

2007 Basketball Championship - Padron 1964 Ann. Exclusivo with The Macallan 15 year fine oak

Thread Information