Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Smoke and a Coke....is it just me?

Columbus/Canton, OH (home of the Pro Football Hall of Fame!!!)

Default Smoke and a Coke....is it just me?

So I know that many people enjoy sitting down and having a nice cup of gourmet coffee or a fine wine with a cigar but I've found that I really enjoy having a coke when I smoke. Anyone else share this same in combination with their sticks?

cola is a good combo... if i'm drinking non alcoholic beverages, i stick to some sort of dark soda for full bodied cigars and a nice ginger ale for mild sticks

Coke is a good combo with cigars but either some sort of liquor or coffee def. brings out more flavors of the cigars. Just tonight I had scotch and a cigar, good combo.
    Last edited by BDurrani; 09-04-2007 at 08:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mikey-OH View Post
    So I know that many people enjoy sitting down and having a nice cup of gourmet coffee or a fine wine with a cigar but I've found that I really enjoy having a coke when I smoke. Anyone else share this same in combination with their sticks?
    You haven't been reading CA by any chance have you?

5000 box Hong Kong collector prefers pairing cigars with coke.
    "Science is a candle in the dark" - some science guy

MMmmm... scotch. Another love.

No I haven't been reading CA but that's pretty interesting. I was just thinking about it tonight while I was enjoying a Roxor Corona (this was the first time I had one/had heard of one and they are great cigars. definately try them out if you get the chance).

I"m a big fan of coke while smoking, though I typically 50/50 it with some type of whiskey.

If there is coke around, I'll drink it while smoking. Although I drink whatever I am feeling like with the cigar. Be it scotch, coffee, water, juice, etc.
    {*insert snide remark here*}
    Trader Rating: +2112

I tried coke once, got an ice cube stuck in my nose... *rimshot*

Anyway, I prefer some sort of a fizzy, chemical filled drink with a cigar. Usually coke, but Mtn. Dew works well also.

9. Default

Pepsi is my favorite with a cigar.

Quote Originally Posted by cigarsarge View Post
    Pepsi is my favorite with a cigar.
    Blasphemy!

haha. Pepsi is good too. I'm not too picky. Mt. Dew sounds alright too though. Might have to try that out sometime.

I read the article in CA. That guy has a huge wine collection also and he says he would rather have the coke with a cigar. The guy doing the interview thought he was joking when he said it. I think coke is great with a cigar.
    "Wars may be fought with weapons, but they are won by men."

Quote Originally Posted by njsarge54 View Post
    I read the article in CA. That guy has a huge wine collection also and he says he would rather have the coke with a cigar. The guy doing the interview thought he was joking when he said it. I think coke is great with a cigar.
    yeah, I'm a huge wine fan, but find it doesn't seem to compliment cigars very well. Seems like the flavors involved don't mix all that well, but that's just my opinion. I know a lot of people enjoy strong wines, like cab sav, with wine.

I actually have a cab franc that I tasted a while ago with a very smokey/cedarish flavor that I've been meaning to try with a cigar. Just need to let the wine age a bit more.

Quote Originally Posted by ReV View Post
    cola is a good combo... if i'm drinking non alcoholic beverages, i stick to some sort of dark soda for full bodied cigars and a nice ginger ale for mild sticks
    HUH?!....I'm just the other way, for a full bodied, I prefer a sprite or 7up, and for lighter cigars I think dr. pepper or coke matches. To each your own, I suppose.

The foothills of the Sierra mountains about 50 miles west of Lake Tahoe.

Seems like a lot of folks like something sweet with a cigar. I usually have a beer and a martini. It's been apple martinis for a while, but my wife found this blueberry mix that taste like blue Otter Pops (Remember those?).

The sweetness is a nice contrast to some cigars.

Quote Originally Posted by rsanz View Post
    You haven't been reading CA by any chance have you?

5000 box Hong Kong collector prefers pairing cigars with coke.
    I was thinking the same thing when I read his post. I also prefer coke with my cigars. Or.. a nice dark beer.

i have a Coke with my smoke every time I stop at the B&M.

I generally take water with my cigars. However, a nice Scotch if the cigar is strong enough.

I find that a decent full bodied Burgundy, Claret or Syrah goes very well with a cigar. Coke works for me also.
    I thought it was a tampon joke!

I don't think you can go wrong with drinking and smoking a cigar. I normally drink what I feel like, be it beer, wine, soda, coke, or liquor.

I've drank all the above with the same brand cigar and notice no difference. Usually, I just drink something to prevent my mouth from getting dry. Smoking tends to do that to me.

Andrew

Thread Information