Thread: 5 vagas Miami

Default 5 vagas Miami

Started with a BANG and went out with a whimp. Nawed on this one for about 5 to 10 mins before I lit it. The first 3/4 of this stick was GREAT!!!

It lit and burned even. The smoke was thick and the bouquet was enjoyable. The ash was white and firm, I was able to get some length on it before I tapped it off the first time. Very easy on the draw. Taste was full bodied but light at the same time spicy, with a hint of chocolate. (Yeah I know it sounds stupid, but that�s the only way to describe it)

This was all in the first 15 mins Then it happened It turned on me! Flavor started to get more and more harsh with every draw. Had a very hard time keeping it lit. That enjoyable bouquet turned into to plain old STANK and it started to burn VERY un-even. I had to look down and make sure I was smoking the same stick. I worked with this one for another 5 to 10 mins and just had enough at that point.

All in all a good , a good cigar. I would have liked it to end as good as it started but maybe the next one will prove me wrong. If any one had any input on their experience with the new 5 vegas Miami, let me know. Would like to know if it was just me or them.
    Last edited by Maduro Man; 09-07-2007 at 09:52 AM.

I know...I know... Its 5 vegas and not vagas...

Columbus/Canton, OH (home of the Pro Football Hall of Fame!!!)

had pretty much the same experience with this one. it was great for the first half and the second half was just plain awful. such a disappointment.

Quote Originally Posted by Mikey-OH View Post
    had pretty much the same experience with this one. it was great for the first half and the second half was just plain awful. such a disappointment.
    Glad to see it was not just me... There you have it guys. Anybody else have any input on these?

haven't tried them yet
    "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity,
    and I'm not sure about the former." -
    Albert Einstein

Unless I was given one for free, there's no way I would ever try one of these. The main three blends from 5V (the Gold, the A, and the Classic/Red series) are all great, and are cheap as fucking dirt. Why would I want to pay three times as much for one of their new and questionable cigars as I would for their awesome original blends? It doesn't make sense to me from a consumer's standpoint.

Quote Originally Posted by JFellows View Post
    Unless I was given one for free, there's no way I would ever try one of these. The main three blends from 5V (the Gold, the A, and the Classic/Red series) are all great, and are cheap as fucking dirt. Why would I want to pay three times as much for one of their new and questionable cigars as I would for their awesome original blends? It doesn't make sense to me from a consumer's standpoint.
    Funny, my first thought about it was, "5 Vegas makes awesome cigars pretty cheap, I wonder what their super premium will be like."

Now given the reviews I've read here I definitely wouldn't jump in and buy a box, but I'll probably pick up a 5'er at some point to check them out.

I got a sampler on cbid a while back for pretty cheap. They've been sitting in my cooler resting. Will try one out soon and post my opinions.

spiffy

Let us know spiffy. By the way, My Beautiful San Fran Giants will finish the year in last place. reach for the stars baby!!!

They Suck, but I still love em

Columbus/Canton, OH (home of the Pro Football Hall of Fame!!!)

For anyone wanting to try these for themselves they are a special on cbid right now, $27.99 for a sampler of 8.

Quote Originally Posted by Mikey-OH View Post
    For anyone wanting to try these for themselves they are a special on cbid right now, $27.99 for a sampler of 8.
    Tampa wants to try these sticks...I told him to read these posts

Glad I read it. I may just stick with Pepin's other blends.

TampaSupremo
    "Ph-nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn!"-H.P. Lovecraft

Quote Originally Posted by TampaSupremo View Post
    Glad I read it. I may just stick with Pepin's other blends.

TampaSupremo
    Did you ever try these? X-Mass is coming...

Thread Information