Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I've been away...Glad to be alive

1. Default

I go back to the doc tomorrow...I'm gonna try to go back to work Wednesday.

I'm also gonna push to have more tests done. I want to correct what's wrong...This is my favorite time of the year...Perfect bike weather. I can't ride in fear of passing out.

Thoughts and prayers to you Sarge.

Blog Entries

Hope you're felling well today, Sarge. I believe Mr. Giese is dead on about staying on the doctors for a better answer.

A friend of mine had a similar experience recently. He is active and athletic as I assume you are if you bike regularly. His doctor wasn't able to pinpoint a cause either, but suggested he was dehydrated and may have had a flu virus. Yeah, a flu virus. No other symptoms - just passed out. He's fine now and back out working and playing. I hope it is as simple for you!

OMG Ken that sounds like a very scary experience to go through. And yes, doctors are giving educated guesses most of the time. They give good guesses considering, but still health care involves a lot of probablies and maybes.

I hope they give you a spot-on diagnosis so you can fix what's wrong, change directions, get the treatment you need, etc. so you can get on with enjoying life to the fullest. Hang in there, we do have one of the best healthcare systems in the world.
    There's only two kinds of cigars, the kind you like and the kind you don't.

Damn Ken, I just now read this. Hope everything's going ok for you.

Fwiw, I used to be one of those people that were waking you up every two hours to stick a needle in you. It's ok if you cuss us out, we understand
    Have you ever thought about maybe turning off the TV, sitting down with your kids...and hitting them?

Wow, hope all goes well.

Ken I put the voodoo doll away you should be fine.

Baron

Good Luck
    Remember to breathe

Take care of yourself Sarge!

Did they make you wear one of those heart monitors around for a day?

-W.
    The Internet - All the Piracy, None of the Scurvy

9. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Monk View Post
    Take care of yourself Sarge!

Did they make you wear one of those heart monitors around for a day?

-W.
    Yep...I went in for a MRI today followed by more blood work.

Quote Originally Posted by cigarsarge View Post
    Yep...I went in for a MRI today followed by more blood work.
    I thought they might have. I know at least two other people who have had exactly the same fainting kind of issue up here in the past couple months and had to wear em. Its strange to be running across so many people having these problems. Hope all goes well man. Try not to stress out too much!

-W.
    The Internet - All the Piracy, None of the Scurvy

Quote Originally Posted by cigarsarge View Post
    So...I'm reading the paper Thursday. Things are going fine and then I pass out. I woke up and felt really crappy...Sick to my stomach, dizzy, and sweaty. It was really hard to breath.

My wife took me to the hospital. While in the ER I repeated the above process. My heart rate droped to 34 and my blood pressure bottomed out.

So yesterday I spent the day in nuclear medicine and had a stress test done. I also spent two nights of being woke up every hour or so to get stuck with a needle. The results were my heart was fine...No sign of any blockage or heart damage.

I'll prolly have some more tests done next week...I really need to know what caused all this.

Wish me luck.

You taking any meds?

Read up on this here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Neurocardiogenic_syncope

Your drop in heart rate is not giving your brain enough blood/oxygen, and it shuts down, you faint.
    Last edited by cls515; 09-29-2007 at 01:09 AM.

Blog Entries

Sorry to hear your not feeling well, but there is a funking flu going around that depending on how well you are to begin with it's having stranger sympotoms..sweating a lot which leads to dehydration which can lead to fainting etc. Big hugs!

http://www.cmt.com/videos/eric-churc...le-smoke.jhtml?

"Do this...go to Google and type in "Dumbass that can't take a hint"...notice the picture of a big feller in his Moms kitchen with a can of Wannabe RockStar on his man boob...Hey, that's you!" TheGreekTitan

May God grant us the wisdom to discover right, the will to

choose it, and the strength

to make it endure

Hey sarge, hope all is well. Had wacky crap happen a couple years ago too. Turned out I was having Tony Soprano like anxiety attacks. Only thing is i didn't have a hot shrink to go to Thought i was having a heart attack on the D.C Beltway. Turned out the docs said i was just nuts Took them a hell of a time to figure that out.

Hope they find a solution for you. Keep your chin up.

Chief

Houston, Texas But to a more refined point. 3423 La Seine Lane Spring, TX 77388

yeah man, Im sorry about your health, I hate feelin crappy, n i hate goin to the doctor with uncertainty... I mean i just had surgery on my penis, I mean if you can imagine a searing piece of steel being shoved up your urethra every time you pee and almost passing out... then yeah i it hurts to be me n feel your pain for tha doctorin'..

So my prayers are with ya and hope they figure out whats makin ya tick off beat and fix ya up!
    Last edited by Jonjonmacky; 10-12-2007 at 02:18 AM. Reason: made it less painfull

Quote Originally Posted by Jonjonmacky View Post
    yeah man, Im sorry about your health, I hate feelin crappy, n i hate goin to the doctor with uncertainty... I mean i just had surgery on my penis, I mean if you can imagine a searing piece of steel being shoved up your urethra every time you pee and almost passing out... then yeah i it hurts to be me n feel your pain for tha doctorin'..

So my prayers are with ya and hope they figure out whats makin ya tick off beat and fix ya up!
    Too much information bro, I think I'd rather have sarge's problem than someone cutting on my unit.

Hope all goes well with the test's Ken.

Thread Information