Thread: Members outside the USA...

Blog Entries

Default Members outside the USA...

I'm curious about your smoking habits as regards isom's. Since it is legal to purchase them in your countries, as well as Dominican..Honduran...Nicaraugan, etc........I'd like to know how your purchases break down....more isom's than others or not?

Are they a "treat" for you, or just another smoke? Is your favorite smoke an isom? I'm interested to know if the perception of isoms is the same where they are available as it is here....where they aren't.

I prefer cuban to non-cuban cigars. IMO a $6 cuban is much better than most $6 domestics. I would say believe the hype.

Although I do enjoy non-cuban cigars as well and change is always nice.

At my local the other day they had AF short stories regular $43 each "on sale" for $25.

I went with a Boli GM for $3 more.
    {*insert snide remark here*}
    Trader Rating: +2112

I'll choose Cuban over non-cuban everytime.

A while back I got into non-cubans, based in part on what I'd read here, but now I'm fully back on the wagon in Castro's camp.

Whether I'm buying them locally (with about 145% tax) or duty free/mail order, $ for $ there's nothing to match 'em.

Got to sign out now to watch Flight of the Conchords.

PS: Favorite i s o m is currently the Cohiba GENIOS Maduro 5, but my daily smoke of choice is an RASCC (or 2).
    Last edited by rsanz; 10-01-2007 at 04:47 AM. Reason: added favorite smoke/s
    "Science is a candle in the dark" - some science guy

MMmmm... scotch. Another love.

While the Dominican, Honduran, etc. product is legal over here you generally do not see so much of them, and the price (after tax etc.) is generally equivalent. Also, you will not find any of the non cuban versions of the cuban brands over here (which is a pity as I really like the SP Double Maddies).

I buy more cubans than other, though I have acquired a number of 'domestic' cigars through trades, splits etc.

I generally smoke as a reward for myself after a busy day where I have achieved significantly, also the weather plays a great role in whether I smoke or not.

For the moment my favourites are the HDM Epi#2 and still the Monte #2.
    I thought it was a tampon joke!

Shearstown, Newfoundland (A suburb of Bay Roberts)

Personally, I smoke more NC's than ISOMs, and I prefer DCM, VSG, etc over most ISOMs. That being said, I will say that this is more than likely due to the fact I have a "developing palette". I've lately started appreciating & enjoying smaller RG smokes (which I hated before). Maybe I should answer this question again in November when I get back from Cuba.

Talking about Cuba, Drew, when are you going to make a trek???
    ><((((º>¸.·´¯`·.¸ ><((((º>¸.·´¯`·.¸ ><((((º> ¸.·´¯`·.¸ ><((((º>¸.·´¯`·.¸ ><((((º>¸.·´¯`·.¸ ><((((º>¸.·´¯`·.¸ ><((((º>

Hi. My name is Jim and I like to shave!

Quote Originally Posted by Newfie View Post
    Personally, I smoke more NC's than ISOMs, and I prefer DCM, VSG, etc over most ISOMs. That being said, I will say that this is more than likely due to the fact I have a "developing palette". I've lately started appreciating & enjoying smaller RG smokes (which I hated before). Maybe I should answer this question again in November when I get back from Cuba.

Talking about Cuba, Drew, when are you going to make a trek???
    I am really hoping I can make it summer of 2008 and if not hopefully February 2009 for the festival.

Shearstown, Newfoundland (A suburb of Bay Roberts)

Quote Originally Posted by drew_goring View Post
    I am really hoping I can make it summer of 2008 and if not hopefully February 2009 for the festival.
    I know Emil likes to go in the summer, but I prefer to get away from colder weather.

February for the festival!!! Dood, you need a note from Christ for that, don't you???
    ><((((º>¸.·´¯`·.¸ ><((((º>¸.·´¯`·.¸ ><((((º> ¸.·´¯`·.¸ ><((((º>¸.·´¯`·.¸ ><((((º>¸.·´¯`·.¸ ><((((º>¸.·´¯`·.¸ ><((((º>

Hi. My name is Jim and I like to shave!

Quote Originally Posted by Newfie View Post
    I know Emil likes to go in the summer, but I prefer to get away from colder weather.

February for the festival!!! Dood, you need a note from Christ for that, don't you???

I am still undecided on when I will go. It really depends on where I end up working next year. For all I know I could be working in Cuba which would be pretty cool.

Pretty much anyone can go to the festival provided you pay for it. It isn't terribly cheap, but I am hoping it will be worth it. It will be around 2000 CAD for the week long festival including hotels.

HABANO FESTIVAL WILL WELCOME AS ITS PARTICIPANTS:

* Exclusive distributors
    * Managers of Casas del Habano from all over the world
    * Production and trade executives
    * Businessmen
    * Manufacturers and traders of luxury items and articles for smokers
    * Cigar manufacturers
    * Suppliers of the cigar industry
    * Manufacturers and suppliers of Gourmet World
    * Manufacturers under license of Habanos S.A.
    * Craftsmen and collectors
    * Smokers’ Clubs
    * Smokers Aficionados
    I hope I qualify as a "smokers aficionado".

Thread Information