Thread: Illusione m7

Default Illusione m7

A special thanks to Shelby07 for gifting me this cigar on his trip through Memphis.

The Illusione m7 is a beautiful perfecto shaped cigar. It measures in at 6.5 inches by 58 r.g. The blend is Criollo 98 and Corojo 99 with a Rosado oscuro Corojo wrapper.

Pre-Smoke

The wrapper on this cigar is smooth, dark, and oily with a few small veins. It had a consistently firm feel to it. I clipped the head of the cigar about 3/8ths of an inch in to reveal a near perfect draw. Satisfied with the draw, I lit the foot with no problem and sat back to enjoy it.

Smoke

I paired this cigar with some Guinness Draught.

From the first couple of puffs I knew this was a cigar that I would enjoy. I immediately got hit in the back of the throat with some spice. This started out as a full bodied smoke that coated the palate and tongue with leather and spice.

About an inch into the cigar, I began to pick up a Cuban flavor profile. As the spice began to fade (or I got used to it) I started to pick up a caramel / burnt sugar flavor. These hints of caramel reminded me a lot of some Cuban brands.

This continued to be a fairly complex cigar that had different dominant flavors at times. The caramel flavor stayed through the first 2/3rds of the cigar with undertones of coffee and leather. The spice / pepper came and went and became quite dominant during the last third of the cigar.

This was a slow burning cigar that forced you to sit down and enjoy it. It lasted for over an hour and a half and I loved every minute of it. I sat this one down with about an inch left to it.

Overall, a great cigar that could only get better with age.

Good review.

The picture alone makes me want to order some.
    "Wars may be fought with weapons, but they are won by men."

Houston, Texas But to a more refined point. 3423 La Seine Lane Spring, TX 77388

Quote Originally Posted by njsarge54 View Post
    The picture alone makes me want to order some.
    For real.

Thread Information