Thread: Question about Mial order cigars

Default Question about Mial order cigars

Hey all,

I just recieved my first mail from my family and it took 3 weeks. I am affraid that by ordering the cigars and having them shipped to me directly, while much quicker, will be too long in transit with out proper humidity. I was hoping someone on here could tell me how long cigars that your order off of the net will stay fresh during shipping.
    J. Brooks
    jb1026@gmail.com

Live as if you would die tomorrow, Learn as though you would live forever.

Depends on where they're shipped from company wise, some ship with humi-packs, others without. But, it seems to be that almost all companies ship cigars wet, so they stay humidified. But, Rockford, IL shouldn't be a problem for most companies. I and many others are from/in/around the Chicago area and we haven't had a problem with length of time.
    "If you look for truth, you may find comfort in the end; if you look for comfort you will not get either comfort or truth only soft soap and wishful thinking to begin, and in the end, despair." -C.S. Lewis, Mere Christianity

I never had a order take longer than 4 days most are within 2 or 3 days!!
    "If it Bleeds We can Kill it"

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BigMacFU
    Depends on where they're shipped from company wise, some ship with humi-packs, others without. But, it seems to be that almost all companies ship cigars wet, so they stay humidified. But, Rockford, IL shouldn't be a problem for most companies. I and many others are from/in/around the Chicago area and we haven't had a problem with length of time.
    Uhhhhhh, he ain't in Rockford.........

He's in Iraq CLICK HERE
    TBSCigars - "On Holiday"
    Grammar - It's the difference between knowing your crap and knowing you're crap.

Thanks CoventryCat.

I should have cleared that up. I am overseas, and it takes about 3 weeks to recieve a package from my family.
    J. Brooks
    jb1026@gmail.com

Yeah as the others said, just make sure you're purchasing from a reputable source that ships with a humipack or something of it's nature. My isoms take 7-12 days to ship from absolutecigars.com, and when received, are in perfect condition. Three weeks is long, but I imagine it's possible. Place a small order just to see; you'll never know till you try.

Thankyou for your service in Iraq, brother. I speak for the entire board when I say it is a pleasure to have you among us.

Stay safe out there, man. May you enjoy many fine cigars!

take care,

Yeager
    With glasses high, we raised a cry - freedom had arrived

Quote Originally Posted by JBrooks
    Hey all,

I just recieved my first mail from my family and it took 3 weeks. I am affraid that by ordering the cigars and having them shipped to me directly, while much quicker, will be too long in transit with out proper humidity. I was hoping someone on here could tell me how long cigars that your order off of the net will stay fresh during shipping.
    Although we don't ship overseas I'd suggest you remind whichever other vendor you decide to use to put a Humipak in the package. I'm certain they'd be happy to accomodate. Stay safe.
    Gary Griffith
    Humidor Manager

Cigar-ette City

Email here

8. Default

Quote Originally Posted by cigar1993
    I'd suggest you remind whichever other vendor you decide to use to put a Humipak in the package. I'm certain they'd be happy to accomodate.
    Good point. I'd hope any retailer would be glad to help you out, given the circumstances.

Stay safe.
    Another good point...

When you get back to Rockford then, let us know and there'll be quite a few guys who'd like to toast with you, both drinks and the foot of a cigar!
    "If you look for truth, you may find comfort in the end; if you look for comfort you will not get either comfort or truth only soft soap and wishful thinking to begin, and in the end, despair." -C.S. Lewis, Mere Christianity

I think htat ordering them direct should be alright, but to be on the safe side, i'd put them in a humid environment (coolerdor etc.) for a few days before smoking them, and it should be AOK.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BigMacFU
    When you get back to Rockford then, let us know and there'll be quite a few guys who'd like to toast with you, both drinks and the foot of a cigar!
    Isn't Cheap Trick from Rockford? One of my all time favorites!

"She's tight"
    TBSCigars - "On Holiday"
    Grammar - It's the difference between knowing your crap and knowing you're crap.

Quote Originally Posted by CoventryCat86
    Isn't Cheap Trick from Rockford? One of my all time favorites!

"She's tight"
    i've actually seen them twice. very good live. the first time, i got free tickets to aerosmith and just went for the helluvit (not a fan of aerosmith) and cheap trick was opening. they were awesome! cheap trick blew aerosmith out the water. we left half way through aerosmith's set.

I am not originally from Rockford but my wife is. I think there are two or three members that still live there. It is not uncommon to see Rick Nielsen around town, and the band does alot for the city.
    J. Brooks
    jb1026@gmail.com

I order from JRCigars and usually takes 6-8 days for me to get them. They are always fresh.

JBrooks - What's your address in Iraq? How can we send you cigars?

I actually just received back the PIF I sent to Manix just before he went KKK on us. I would be happy, and honored, to forward those to you.

Nhcigarfan,

I sent you my address in a private message. Sorry it took so long to send to you, I haven't had much time lately.
    J. Brooks
    jb1026@gmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by JBrooks
    Nhcigarfan,

I sent you my address in a private message. Sorry it took so long to send to you, I haven't had much time lately.

There on the way. I couldn't get a tracking number. Stay safe and keep your head down.

nhcigarfan.

Thread Information