Thread: Gurkha Centurian Perfecto

Blog Entries

Wink Gurkha Centurian Perfecto

Gurkha Centurian Perfecto

I’m a little new to the review game so bear with me. Please don’t take my sarcasm for insults…or vise-versa.

The Gurkha Centurian Perfecto presents well and is pleasing both to the eye and touch. The dimensions are approximately 6 x 60 ring. It is exquisitely crafted and would look great in any connoisseur’s display case. Just don’t take it out and light it.

The marketing material states: “Made in sparing numbers, the cigar was originally commission by the Sultan of Brunei, one of the world’s richest and most powerful men, for his personal everyday cigar.” With oil well above $80 US per barrel, you would think they could do better. I am aware that the sultan is a heavy investor in thoroughbreds. Perhaps that helps explain the following experience…

This cigar lit evenly and initially delivered a sweet, cool tobacco taste. The ash was a light gray that turned to a yellowish brown as the burn progressed. It produced copious volumes a lightly scented smoke. Toward the center, the taste turned to something resembling a washed out Nicaraguan. It lacked the spice I was expecting. The final third became a bit hotter. The taste change was startling. I can only describe the flavor as fresh bluegrass or timothy hay. (Those of you that have horses will understand.) The final few puffs were somewhat bitter. Umm… bleck.

As far as construction, this was a winner. The burn was near perfect and the ash held up down to the very end. I have a few more of these resting. If the next one is different, I will post it up. Has anyone else tried these?

Houston, Texas But to a more refined point. 3423 La Seine Lane Spring, TX 77388

No... but its resting in my cigar case... lol. I dont want to smoke it now lol... ill take it out tommorow as a drive and smoke and see how it fares..

I actually had this cigar last night. I have to say it is one of the better Gurkhas out there. I really enjoyed it

Thread Information