Pre-Smoke

The construction on the A.F. Hemingway Classic maduro was perfect and very tightly packed. It's amazing how firm this cigar was, yet still had a great draw to it. The cigar is wrapped in a beautiful Connecticut broadleaf maduro that has a pleasant sweet aroma to it. I used a Xikar guillotine cutter to clip the head off and just a little bit of the foot to give me more surface to light.

I paired this cigar with a couple of bottles of Ayinger Celebrator.

Smoke

The cigar started off with rich flavors of good tobacco. I picked up hints of cocoa and subtle sweetness flavor. It started off as a mild cigar and slowly built up to a medium body. The burn was perfect and the ash held on for dear life. I had to tap the ash off at about every 2 inches.
The sweetness continued to build and become the dominant flavor through the middle of the cigar. I would describe the sweetness as vanilla. This sweet vanilla flavor never became overpowering nor did it detract from the other well balanced flavors of the cigar.
Towards the end of the cigar (about the last third), I began to pick up a little spice from the cigar. This was a very muted spice that complimented the sweetness of the cigar very well.

Overall this was a pretty good cigar, especially if you prefer mild to medium cigars. This is not a cigar I would buy a box of because I normally enjoy full bodied cigars (the kind that have me reaching for my beer after every puff).

In retrospect, I should have saved the Ayinger for a cigar with a little more bite. In my opinion, a coffee style drink such as a con leche would have been a better pairing for the A.F. Hemingway Classic madie.