Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: fakes?

Quote Originally Posted by dauker View Post
    I remember how big of a deal it was to get drunk when I was a teenager. Now that I'm in my 20's and can drink whenever I like it's not so exciting. Although I do have a bottle of absynth just because I'm not supposed to. I feel Cuban's are sought after because you're not supposed to have them. Some people have told me I haven't had a good Cuban, which could be true. The Cuban's I have had were given to me by people who I wouldn't really consider intelligent about cigars, so they may have been fakes or not cared for properly. But I still hold that it's not worth the potential fines, as dumb as the embargo is.
    I've had my fair share of cuban cigars, and I have to say there is a considerable difference. Quality, flavor, aroma - just all around different experience. I'm not saying cubans are the only thing worth smoking because that's obviously not true. But for the most part, in my opinion, you can't beat a good quality cuban. But I also agree that a lot of the hype is the forbidden fruit syndrome here in America ... that and the weed that's in there.
    Originally Posted by Heftysmokes:
    Maybe I should do a movie review on Apollo 13 and tell you all "that's as real as it gets" since I'm a fucking astronaut.

From Boston, Live in Alabama,Stationed in Iraq.

Wink

I'd rather push a Chevy than drive a Dodge... HEHEHE

Quote Originally Posted by chefchris View Post
    which is why he walks to the store.
    Ouch.
    {*insert snide remark here*}
    Trader Rating: +2112

Quote Originally Posted by CigarDoc View Post
    HEHEHE. That's funny cuz they let the local national sell em right on our base. All in all, I have smoked a few, and I can't tell what the big deal is... I'd rather have a Fuente any day.

The few "cubans" you've smoked were either fake or wasn't maintained in a proper environment. I enjoy my Fuentes as much as the other guy, but cuban cigars are in a whole different league. There are suttle nuances, aromas, and flavor that you can't replicate from Dominicans, Nicaraguans, and other cigars rolled from different countries. So far, Tatuaje cigars have been the ones to come close to replicating a cuban cigar for me. If you have not tried one, I highly recommend you try one. And if you find it as one of the most flavorful and aromatic cigar you've ever tried, then just know, cubans are just a few notches up from these.

Andrew

Thread Information