Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: most disappointing smoke?

From Boston, Live in Alabama,Stationed in Iraq.

Default most disappointing smoke?

What is the most recent stick you had that you thought would be great, but turned out to be shite?

For me, it has to be the 5 Vegas. I've smoked 3 different ones and they all disappointed me!!!

I was in a taste test this summer and I would have to say Black Patch cigars.

DG
    DG
    SB
    HST
    AOD
    AOG
    CD

Not sure if one stands out but I am generally disappointed in maduro wrappers. Some are great but alot are just plain boring.

Blog Entries

I'd have to say the CAO Italia....I really wanted to like that smoke and just couldn't do it.

From Boston, Live in Alabama,Stationed in Iraq.

Quote Originally Posted by ashauler View Post
    I'd have to say the CAO Italia....I really wanted to like that smoke and just couldn't do it.
    I have found this smoke to be either you love it or hate it... I'm on the love it side

Quote Originally Posted by ashauler View Post
    ah, don't tell me that. i've been looking forward to trying it.

I'm gonna go with Partagas Serie P I had a couple weeks ago. Terrible burn, no flavor, but I know it wasn't fake. I don't know what the deal was.
    Originally Posted by Heftysmokes:
    Maybe I should do a movie review on Apollo 13 and tell you all "that's as real as it gets" since I'm a fucking astronaut.

For me, it was a red dot cohiba. I picked a few up when I first got into cigars, and because of the name and the price I was expecting a lot. The first and every one after made me feel like I was smoking a $2 cigar, not something 10+.

Partagas 160, CAO cameroon(disgustiing), Perdomo Cabinet reserve Cameroon(ugh),

CAO italia....it was good, then ok, then ugh, then ok, then kinda ok/good all in one stick. Not fighting for another one anytime soon but if someone gives me one I wouldn't turn it down.

I agree with derivation on the red dots - they suck. Very disappointed in the ERdM Supremo oscuro. The shorter ones are ok though. I like the padron 1000 series, but only 2K and 3K. The larger ones taste like charcoal past the 1/2-way point to me.
    Equality is not seeing different things equally. It's seeing different things differently.
    - Tom Robbins

- Like I needed you to tell me I'm a fucking prick . . . Did you think you're posting some front page news? I am a fucking prick . . . - MarineOne

For me it would definitely have to the the LFD Mysterio that I had a year or so ago. I was expecting so much and all I got out of it was hot air.
    {*insert snide remark here*}
    Trader Rating: +2112

The first Opus that I smoked. I lit it up damn near fresh, and I fucking hated it. Grassy and stanky as hell. I couldn't get past the first inch.

Your Mom!!!

I win, first person to post it...

But really, probably a Padron 3000 or better yet, the new domestic blend of the Bolivars, they suck flavor and construction wise.
    "If you look for truth, you may find comfort in the end; if you look for comfort you will not get either comfort or truth only soft soap and wishful thinking to begin, and in the end, despair." -C.S. Lewis, Mere Christianity

I have to go with Drew on the LFD Mysterio. I have also smoked a couple of the AF Don Carlos that have done nothing for me. Honorable Mention- CAO Bratalia Campeo...
    Mama said a lot of things and be thankful was the one she never minded saying twice

--Drive-By Truckers

Default CAO America- Monument

I was bitterly disappointed with this cigar!

I have really been looking forward to this cigar and they have just started to appear in the local shops.

The one I got was so tight that even after trying several times to unplug it I could barely get it to draw. I even tried cutting it down, no luck! Had to toss it and this wasn't an inexpensive smoke.

I couldn't even get enough smoke in a draw to tell how it tasted.

Maybe once they aren't so new and the price settles down a bit I'll try again.
    "Nothing is what it seems, but everything is exactly what it is." B. Banzai

Quote Originally Posted by SmokeRing View Post
    I was bitterly disappointed with this cigar!

I have really been looking forward to this cigar and they have just started to appear in the local shops.

The one I got was so tight that even after trying several times to unplug it I could barely get it to draw. I even tried cutting it down, no luck! Had to toss it and this wasn't an inexpensive smoke.

I couldn't even get enough smoke in a draw to tell how it tasted.

Maybe once they aren't so new and the price settles down a bit I'll try again.
    Man, try another. I was really pleased with this cigar. Light it up in the shop just in case the draw is bad, if it is they should exchange it.
    Originally Posted by Heftysmokes:
    Maybe I should do a movie review on Apollo 13 and tell you all "that's as real as it gets" since I'm a fucking astronaut.

Houston, Texas But to a more refined point. 3423 La Seine Lane Spring, TX 77388

Cusano 18 Year

I threw that ish away after two inches i couldnt take any more of my mouth screaming for a break

Not that this is an expensive cigar but I would say lately it was the 5 Vegas Cask Strength. I was expecting so much more from this and its so BLAH!
    Family, Friends and a good cigar. Oh and some fishing too!

Dav. Anny #3 in the tube. It was expesive, and a Davidoff and I expected so much from it. I had it in the humi for months and then lit it up on a my trip to Pr this last winter with The Woman. It wasn;t what I expected it to be. It was spicy, full bodied, tough draw but lacked any real flavor.
    The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, "You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done." -unknown

19. Default

For me, it was the Stradivarius and the some Tatuajes I've had.

Someone said the Partagas 160. I loved that cigar... guess it just goes to show you, different strokes for different strokes.
    Heather Haddad
    www.fumeeworld.com
    Fumee cigars, podcasts and more

Two Words for ya....Te Amo!!! Awful!!!

Thread Information