Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Place for MaduroMan to respond

Blog Entries

Default New Place for MaduroMan to respond

Since we don't need to clutter up the Wish List thread any more, and it just wouldn't be fair to not provide a place for Maduro Man to respond......here is a new thread so he can have that opportunity.

I have had nothing but good experiences with MM. As far as the potpass contest goes, he didn't know it was an ISOM when he smoked it so that probably throws off the "remembering your first" thing a bit.

His other one was burried in his humi. As a relatively new smoker I can see that happening, especially since all the ISOM brands have NC brands as well.

I can't really believe that he is intentionally trying to scam someone.

Personally I feel that an "I was dumb, sorry, won't happen again" would suffice.

MM has been nothing but generous and trustworthy when I've dealt with him.

spiffy

Blog Entries

I'm glad that's the case spiffy. I'm not saying the guy is the devil, I think he was trying to score some isoms using false pretenses.....that's basically what I said, and am saying again now. Lookit, we are all generous and kind to each other, if we are truly botl's and contributing members of this community.

I find it unlikely that someone who had NEVER smoked an isom, and was into cigars to the degree that MM seems to be, would give it away on a PIF. Certainly there would be other cigars that would be generous gifts to the botl who was getting the PIF that he could have chosen. Especially if you only had the one, or two.........but had never smoked one. Sorry, but it just doesn't smell right........and no, its not the brain fart that I'm smelling.

Yup, what he said. I suppose someone could be that out of it, but I don't really buy that MM just spaced a couple or three cigars that he claims great interest in and desire for. If he's that oblivious, why the hell would anyone even send him any more? They're just lost on him anyway - he'd never miss them.

Don't think I'm going to be comfortable with "whoops I'm a dumbass and it won't happen again" unless I believe MM is really a dumbass. Which I don't. For now.
    Equality is not seeing different things equally. It's seeing different things differently.
    - Tom Robbins

- Like I needed you to tell me I'm a fucking prick . . . Did you think you're posting some front page news? I am a fucking prick . . . - MarineOne

I think he also indicated that the isom I sent him went unnoticed because it didn't have a band. This couldn't be farther from the truth; the band was still on it, and the cigar was still in the original metal tube.

A couple of question here? Now some people are jumping ugly on MM because of the one post that he said he hadn't smoked any real cubans. Which he admitted right away that he made a mistake. He was wrong.

Now my question to all of you that have been in trades with him is this. Did he send crap or damaged sticks?(I think this is a no.) Was he late on his end?(I think this is a no.) Did he not communicate during the trades?(I think this is a no.) Did he follow the rules for the PotPass and PIF?(I think this is a yes.)

Do I believe this should have been pointed out to him yes. Does he deserve to be watched some yes. NOW IF I WAS HIM I WOULD STAY QUIET ON THIS AND JUST MAKE SURE THAT I'M MORE CAREFULL IN THE FUTURE! I think his newbeness is showing and he needs to slow down a bit and take stock of what he is doing. It's easy to get caught up in the excitement and go over board and then , but he can recover as meltdown mood hasn't been reached yet.

Also all have to remember that if you want to post in the wishlist thread you should be looking to see if you could make anyone elses wishes come true.

DG
    DG
    SB
    HST
    AOD
    AOG
    CD

Quote Originally Posted by Diesel Grinch View Post
    A couple of question here? Now some people are jumping ugly on MM because of the one post that he said he hadn't smoked any real cubans. Which he admitted right away that he made a mistake. He was wrong.

Now my question to all of you that have been in trades with him is this. Did he send crap or damaged sticks?(I think this is a no.) Was he late on his end?(I think this is a no.) Did he not communicate during the trades?(I think this is a no.) Did he follow the rules for the PotPass and PIF?(I think this is a yes.)

Do I believe this should have been pointed out to him yes. Does he deserve to be watched some yes. NOW IF I WAS HIM I WOULD STAY QUIET ON THIS AND JUST MAKE SURE THAT I'M MORE CAREFULL IN THE FUTURE! I think his newbeness is showing and he needs to slow down a bit and take stock of what he is doing. It's easy to get caught up in the excitement and go over board and then , but he can recover as meltdown mood hasn't been reached yet.

Also all have to remember that if you want to post in the wishlist thread you should be looking to see if you could make anyone elses wishes come true.

DG
    I agree with DG on this. While I haven't been involved in this (until now), I think that before he gets full-on soddomised, we should consider his previous trade history. If DG is right on it, and he has been a contributing member of this board (which I believe he has) then we should take DG's advice on this. When I first started getting into cigars and BB's, the lure of ISOM's, esp. when all the FOG's were slinging them around like Bud Light at a bar was great. I think we should forgive him for his newbie-ness, though that does not mean I think he should be completely off the hook. I agree with DG on keeping an eye on him as anyone would to a new guy in their circle of friends who just did something against the grain. I don’t think that he needs to go the way of some of our more famous newbies though, and I don’t think this qualifies him for ass-hat status either.
    The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, "You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done." -unknown

8. Default

I'm in the middle of a deal with MM. So far he has communicated well and been shown me no reason not to trust him. I'll let you all know how the deal goes.

There was a time I did not know an ISOM from a dog turd.

Blog Entries

DG
    I think what I did was point out his mistake as regards the isom question. I took affront, personally, since I had sent him one and specifically stated it was an isom in the pot-pass thread, more or less inferring the one I sent was not REAL. I don't believe that I have been out of line with any of the posts I have made regarding this, and I think if the word REAL wasn't in his post, and the post had been anywhere other than the wish-list thread, my reaction would have been very different.

I have no history of flaming or unjustified attacks on other members, and frankly don't consider anything I have done as an attack on Maduro Man.......rather a legitimate questioning of a post I took exception to.

Wow. That was well said! I agree with Diesel. It seemed it was a simple mistake, and MaduroMan has proven himself more a BOTL than not, from past experiences with other members. People have to realize this is the internet, and people get misunderstood.

When I was a newbie, if you gave me an isom, I won't be able to tell if it is or not. All I can tell you will be, wow, this is different, haven't had this before, really good. Give the guy a break. If he hasn't smoked an ISOM (especially if the one he smoked was an unbanded one from a "review these" pass, because I would forget it was an ISOM too, unless it was just yesterday), then he has every right to ask for ISOMs in his wishlist. We have other members asking for ISOMs in their wishlist.

DG

I dealt with him on the Padron Anniversary Alts split and had no problems at all. Prompt payment and lots of communication. I remember being new and getting in over my head with cigars.

Good Post, DG.
    Originally Posted by Heftysmokes:
    Maybe I should do a movie review on Apollo 13 and tell you all "that's as real as it gets" since I'm a fucking astronaut.

Blog Entries

Well, I guess I should have just stfu..........and now I will.

ashauler I'm sorry if I came off wrong to you. But I think you are reading into MM and the real cuban thing too much. Yes it is a bit of a slap and he did owe you an apology which I think he did give. I just saw things starting to gear up for a big blow-up. Everyone handle themselves well in this so far and I'm just trying make sure it doesn't turn into a meltdown.

Every once in a while I act like a fog don't hold it against me.

DG
    DG
    SB
    HST
    AOD
    AOG
    CD

Quote Originally Posted by ashauler View Post
    No, I don't think you should. I don't think you've done any flaming or have gone overboard. I was just giving an account on dealings with him, but I still find this very sketchy. I'm also waiting for some sort of explanation because some of it just doesn't add up.
    Originally Posted by Heftysmokes:
    Maybe I should do a movie review on Apollo 13 and tell you all "that's as real as it gets" since I'm a fucking astronaut.

Jamie, you didn't do anything wrong, you said your mind and that's all well and good. I don't want MaduroMan or you to think people are choosing sides. We aren't, and CS doesn't want to lose good BOTLs like you and MaduroMan. So, we are just merely trying to find a middle ground here.

Quote Originally Posted by ashauler View Post

Blog Entries

ashauler I'm sorry if I came off wrong to you. But I think you are reading into MM and the real cuban thing too much. Yes it is a bit of a slap and he did owe you an apology which I think he did give. I just saw things starting to gear up for a big blow-up. Everyone handle themselves well in this so far and I'm just trying make sure it doesn't turn into a meltdown.

Every once in a while I act like a fog don't hold it against me.

DG
    No apology necessary DG, and I understand your motivation for making the post. I agree that this doesn't need to turn into full-blown meltdown and am not trying to run MM out of here (as if I could anyway).

Perhaps I am a little too butt-hurt over this and more emotionally invested than is warranted.

Funky,
    I have no issue with members asking for isom's in their wishlist, none at all. I only object to false or misleading statements being made when asking for them.

What? Are ya'll saying we're not going to need all this cool shit I brought like the flamethrower, rack, baseball bats, lead pipes and encyclopedia of verbal assault and abuse?? <sigh> dammit.
    Last edited by basil; 10-26-2007 at 05:53 PM.
    Equality is not seeing different things equally. It's seeing different things differently.
    - Tom Robbins

- Like I needed you to tell me I'm a fucking prick . . . Did you think you're posting some front page news? I am a fucking prick . . . - MarineOne

I'll take the encyclopedia.

Quote Originally Posted by basil View Post
    What? Are ya'll saying we're not going to need all this cool shit I brought like the flamethrower, rack, baseball bats, lead pipes and encyclopedia of verbal assault and abuse?? <sigh> dammit.
    Ah man, you forgot the popcorn
    I thought it was a tampon joke!

Quote Originally Posted by basil View Post
    I've always wanted a flame thrower and would be willing to trade for it.

I can definitely see why ashauler and Jfellows would be upset about the remarks from MM. When I send a special cigar to a newb (or anyone for that matter), I would like for them to recognize it and at least remember that they have it. That being said, I'm almost positive that the "real ISOM" comment by MM wasn't directed towards any of the people that had sent him the genuine thing. I thought I remembered a post a while back by him stating that all he had smoked were fake ISOMs. (though I could be mistaken) I was one of the first guys on here to become suspicious of MM when he first started posting. After a while I realized he was just an overzealous newb. I think this was an honest mistake on his part.

I think MM should comment on and clear up any misconceptions about his "real ISOM" remarks. A genuine apology or two would go a long ways to maintain his credibility as well.

Thread Information