Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hot Sauce's

Default Hot Sauce's

I just finished reading an article in Smoke Magazine about Tabasco and it made think about all the different hot sauces out there. My favorites are the green and Chipotle Tobasco’s and my absolute go-to hot sauce is Cholula (most commonly found at Chipotle). I like those because they add spice and heat, but are also very flavorful. I’ve seen some out there that just want to make your ass hurt for days, but that’s not my style. Anyway, what kind of hot sauces do y’all like and enjoy?
    The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, "You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done." -unknown

I am not much for hot sauces in bottles like tabasco (even though alot are made in LA). There is a red pepper paste that I have found only in Asian food stores, that I use pretty often. It is not only pretty hot, but adds alot of flavor IMO. I forget the name. I also use a powdered spice call "slap ya mamma" that is pretty good.

I really like Franks with Lime, has a lovely accent of cumin.
    I thought it was a tampon joke!

This is worth dredging up again. http://firegirlpower.com/reviews/1331-02/
    Equality is not seeing different things equally. It's seeing different things differently.
    - Tom Robbins

- Like I needed you to tell me I'm a fucking prick . . . Did you think you're posting some front page news? I am a fucking prick . . . - MarineOne

I tend to lean toward the green sauces like CJ. Like Stjohnroe though, when it comes to red sauces, I am a Frank's fan. Prior to Frank's Red Hot, it was made by Durkee's.
    Mama said a lot of things and be thankful was the one she never minded saying twice

--Drive-By Truckers

Blog Entries

TAPATIO

Es una Salsa....MUY Salsa

I like regular old Tabasco, I can put it on almost Anything
    "We're at NOW now... everything that's hapening now... is happening NOW!"

~ Col. Sanders ~

"I guess all we need to do now is give a shit what you think. I'll work on that."

~ ashauler ~

I like salsa verde, but haven't found to many places that make it like the kind I had in Acapulco, Mexico.

I am very partial to Cholula hot sauce, its got spice and great rich flavor, not just a burning hot sensation. Also very fond of a local Texas hot sauce called La Fogata made in San Antonio. Put it on my breakfast tacos every morning - consisting of hot sausage, real aged chedder cheese, tortilla, all heated up on a griddle then dashed with hot sauce and consume.
    There's only two kinds of cigars, the kind you like and the kind you don't.

I am a hot sauce lover too!

My "always one in the cabinet" sauces are:

Tobasco (all three flavors)
    Red Devil
    Texas Pete
    Cholula
    Tapito
    Huy Fong Sriracha
    Huy Fong chile/garlic
    Tiger Sauce
    House of Tsang Mongolian Fire Oil
    Panola Bat's Brew
    "Nothing is what it seems, but everything is exactly what it is." B. Banzai

10. Question

Salsa is sauce.....Hot sauce is pique' , no?
    "No one can tell me what is a good cigar -- for me. I am the only judge. There are no standards -- no real standards. Each man's preference is the only standard for him, the only one which he can accept, the only one which can command him."
    ~ Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by stjohnroe View Post
    I really like Franks with Lime, has a lovely accent of cumin.

i am a big fan of basic franks red hot. this may sound weird, but that is the sauce i think most tastes like what hot sauce should taste like in my opinion. i also heard somewhere it is what b-dubs uses.

J

The best wing sauce in the world is just Franks Red Hot and butter.

MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM

spiffy

I'll add my two cents worth for the Cholula sauce. Tasty and spicy

Heat without flavor is boring!

I also use a red chili powder mix from India, but I can't remember the name right off. It's gives a slow but Hot! burn which taste good also.

sammis

I do have to agree that Franks is the best wing sauce.
    The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, "You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done." -unknown

16. Default

I can't take too much hot sauce but i bout a bunch for my friends for christmas at our mall they had a stand with all different types. i figure ti would make for some interesting gifts.
    Live Life to the Fullest
    Tateossian

Franks and regular Tabasco are my top two. Franks is good when you want to use lots of sauce, like hot wings or spicy BBQ beef or Pork. Tabasco is better for seasoning things like eggs, meat, and pizza. It has more zing per drop than Franks, so you don't have to completely douse the food in it.
    "some people are like slinkies, they're not really good for anything but they can bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs." –Unknown

"He did for bullshit what Stonehenge did for rocks." -Cecil Adams

My wife absolutely loves Tabasco and puts it on all kinds of food. Me, it's too vinegary for, so I never use it. Have fallen in love with Cholula hot sauce, it's got lots of flavor with the heat!
    There's only two kinds of cigars, the kind you like and the kind you don't.

I'm a huge hot sauce fan! I like Tobasco, Texas Pete, Cholua, Tiger Sauce, but my favorite and hottest is actually like a novelty sauce, called Spontaneous Combustion. Hard to find it, but don't try more than a drop if it's your first. I love it on BBQ, Pork Chops, etc. Pretty hot so you have to be a pepper fan to take that stuff. It's usually found in Bass Pro Shops, gander Mountain, etc. Bout $7 a bottle

I thought id pitch in my 2 cents, I LOVE SPICEY FOOD and i LOVE hot sauces...

my favorite all around hot sauce is sriracha which is made in china i think...its good stuff, its got a nice spicey nice, but still got flavor

and when im really in the spicey mood i get out the blaires
    Bessie Braddock: Mr Churchill, you are drunk.
    Winston Churchill: And you madam, are ugly. But I shall be sober tomorrow.

Thread Information