Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Secret Santa 2007 Newbie version!

Default Secret Santa 2007 Newbie version!

CigarSmokers Secret Santa 2007 for Newbies! I will be the organizer

This version is for the newbies and comes with higher risk. If we have enough Noob's interested in signing up for this version it will go ahead. ANYONE SIGNING UP KNOWS THIS IS A HIGH RISK SECRET SANTA! YOU COULD END UP GETTING NOTHING IF YOUR NEWBIE SANTA TURNS OUT TO BE A SCUMBAG!

You have been warned.

You send your address to me in PM. I will send you the name and address of your Secret Santa recipient. The Secret Santa user account is for everyone to access once we get going to ask question of their recipient or to taunt their recipient to keep us anonymous. The password will be given out through PMs to participants only.

RULES:

1. You send a 4-stick bomb to your Secret Santa recipient. You will, in return, receive a 4 stick bomb from your Secret Santa. There is a minimum of 4 cigars of AT LEAST $5. Each cigar MUST cost at least FIVE DOLLARS. Use accepted internet sites for pricing rather than store pricing since they vary so widely and you won't end up sending way overpriced $2 sticks. Premiums are OK to send, but no whining if you don't get a box full of $20 sticks in return.

2. Extras are encouraged and make this what it CAN be. Extras cannot be urged enough. A PIF is a PIF, but a Secret Santa is entirely different. Everyone can make homemade fudge for $5 to send. Use your imagination. If you have no imagination, borrow someone else's.

3. The cut off date for your recipient to receive their package is December 31, 2007. You can send at any point before that.

4. If you fail to fulfill your obligation as a Secret Santa you will be outed, raw hamburger will be shoved down your shorts, and you will be tossed to the dogs on every forum we can find. Don't be a scumbag. This Secret Santa is for Newbies with very little or zero reputation or trades.

5. I will not be sending or receiving anything so no one can scream foul play over who gets whose name. Keep in mind, I am not personally responsible for your Secret Santa turning out to be a scumbag if that should happen. I will offer up the information so the scumbag may be outed if it comes to that, but I will not be raked over the coals for something out of my control. I also will not be raked over the coals if your Secret Santa waits until December 27 to overnight your package to you. Patience grasshopper. (This is a pretty standard rule with these things. If anyone has a real problem with it, if the group agrees, we could possibly suspend it. Not sure it's a good idea though.)

Start date for sending: Saturday, November 24, 2007
    Last edited by Diesel Grinch; 11-13-2007 at 02:30 PM.
    DG
    SB
    HST
    AOD
    AOG
    CD

I'm in.

Blog Entries

I'll be santa for a newbie too........nothing like a little risk.

i'll send one out
    "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity,
    and I'm not sure about the former." -
    Albert Einstein

i am in

well i guess its only us 4 i have my 5er coming just ordered a great box from ci

dustin

Blog Entries

We need a couple of more newbies to sign up.

Quote Originally Posted by ashauler View Post
    We need a couple of more newbies to sign up.
    wouldent this count for some of the noobs to gain some credit ?? its not like you have to drop a hundo on this take a chance

dustin

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by dustinpollock View Post
    wouldent this count for some of the noobs to gain some credit ?? its not like you have to drop a hundo on this take a chance

dustin
    Well, yeah, I think thats the idea.

I'm a little surprised that we only have 1 Newbie join in after mini blowup in the other one. Real nice to see that 3 established BOTL's joined in.

DG
    DG
    SB
    HST
    AOD
    AOG
    CD

Here you go DG. Look forward to it.

good to see ya here

dustin

Here is the current list of people in:

dustinpollock
    slkr4life
    ashauler
    mithril
    nhcigarfan

We have room for more. This is a great way to get involved with all the fun.

DG
    DG
    SB
    HST
    AOD
    AOG
    CD

If there's not a problem with a Canadian playing I still believe in Santa.
    Just a stay at home dad (retired until I choose otherwise, thanks Canadian Army medical pension) hanging out and enjoying the good life.

15. Default

Im in....PM sent. Great idea by the way with the newbie Secret Santa. There is alot of us in here. Gives us a good chance to be in good standing for next years bigger,better,badder secret santa. Lets just hope some newbs arent trying to scum anyone out.

dustinpollock
    slkr4life
    ashauler
    mithril
    nhcigarfan
    Corvin
    prostartjr1738

To the Canada BOTL's you just have to make sure you move a little on the fast side once this starts since all the extra mail is going around.

DG
    DG
    SB
    HST
    AOD
    AOG
    CD

I want to move the start date to November 21st. I'll send out the info before I go home for the long weekend on Wednesday.

Still have some time for people to join in. Don't have to be a newbie to join.

DG
    DG
    SB
    HST
    AOD
    AOG
    CD

Wow, I don't know how I missed seeing this!

Count me in, PM sent!
    "Nothing is what it seems, but everything is exactly what it is." B. Banzai

i cant wait i just got a good shipment ++++ i love this part of the holidays

dustin

dustinpollock - Have Addy
    slkr4life - Have Addy
    ashauler - Have Addy
    mithril - Have Addy
    nhcigarfan - Have Addy
    Corvin - Have Addy
    prostartjr1738 - Have Addy
    SmokeRing - Have Addy

Ok so far I have everyones addy.

DG
    Last edited by Diesel Grinch; 11-16-2007 at 11:37 AM.
    DG
    SB
    HST
    AOD
    AOG
    CD

Thread Information