Thread: Hey Guys

Default Hey Guys

Hello everyone,
    I guess its my turn to give an intro, so here goes:
    I am 19 years old, which i am sure alot of you will find strange on this website that i enjoy cigars, i grew up in europe (mainly germany) where smoking is much more socially acceptable, and people start at a younger age (i started smoking cigarettes when i was about 12-13ish, but i quit cigs). i moved to the US in 2001, but still go back and forth from Europe, and dont worry im not a snot nosed european who thinks he is more sophisticated than americans, because i am an american, and proud to be one too. I am also not a rich little brat, I pay for everything myself, including my 2 cars, my motorcycle and all my other little guilty pleasures (like cigars and my horrible tool buying problem), i mainly work in construction and valet cars at night, and have been working since i was about 14 years old (but thats on halt since i am working for a non profit for a year).

My hobbies are pretty broad ranged, but i am to the bone a true gear head who enjoys everything that entails (cars, race cars, motorcycles, watching formula 1, building cars, airplanes, boats, ect.), i also enjoy skiing, scuba diving, a good book, espresso and cigars (obviously). And recently have become a fan of american football.

I am of Irish heritage (2nd generation american) in terms of political standings i am an independent. Currently i am living in New York city, i work for a non-profit organization, and spend most my time at the United Nations. But in january i am going to be moving to Kenya for 3 months, and than to the Philippines for 3 months thereafter. after that i hope to be attending university here in the US to study mechanical engineering.

i have been smoking cigars 2 years now, My cigar collection is somewhat limited and i wouldnt consider myself a huge smoker, i smoke probably once every two weeks or so. i have a 100 cigar humidor that i recently acquired (and i retired my home made humi which was a plastic box with a small humidifier in it), currently i own about 25 cigars, and am working on expanding my collection (hopefully with some of your help) using cigarbid (which i recently discovered)...

I am not going to act like i know alot about cigars, because i don't, i know the basics from my dad and uncle. So please be patient with my ignorance, being a big poster on my car enthusiast forums, i know how annoying n00bs can be... I'll try and stay off your nerves as best i can

Glad to be here,
    Pat
    Last edited by CaptBirde; 12-05-2007 at 03:58 PM.

Welcome from a fellow young smoker and diver.
    Be careful with that CBid.
    Originally Posted by Heftysmokes:
    Maybe I should do a movie review on Apollo 13 and tell you all "that's as real as it gets" since I'm a fucking astronaut.

Welcome aboard!

Welcome aboard, that's a great intro you wrote!
    There's only two kinds of cigars, the kind you like and the kind you don't.

Blog Entries

Nice intro, welcome to the board from Kansas.

Welcome to CS, and a nice introduction. Stick around here and you'll learn (and smoke) a lot!

7. Default

This intro kicks my intro's ass.
    Welcome from another noob.

OLBG464,

I know what you mean, WoW ! :)

CaptBirde

Welcome from another newbie

sammis

Welcome from PA.

I too am a young buck, almost 22. And to quote my best friend (when hitting on older women), "Age Is But A Number, nothing more!"
    Last edited by Mizicke5273; 12-05-2007 at 08:11 PM.

Welcome to the board Pat.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptBirde View Post
    Hello everyone,
    I guess its my turn to give an intro, so here goes:
    I am 19 years old, which i am sure alot of you will find strange on this website that i enjoy cigars, i grew up in europe (mainly germany) where smoking is much more socially acceptable, and people start at a younger age (i started smoking cigarettes when i was about 12-13ish, but i quit cigs). i moved to the US in 2001, but still go back and forth from Europe, and dont worry im not a snot nosed european who thinks he is more sophisticated than americans, because i am an american, and proud to be one too. I am also not a rich little brat, I pay for everything myself, including my 2 cars, my motorcycle and all my other little guilty pleasures (like cigars and my horrible tool buying problem), i mainly work in construction and valet cars at night, and have been working since i was about 14 years old (but thats on halt since i am working for a non profit for a year).

My hobbies are pretty broad ranged, but i am to the bone a true gear head who enjoys everything that entails (cars, race cars, motorcycles, watching formula 1, building cars, airplanes, boats, ect.), i also enjoy skiing, scuba diving, a good book, espresso and cigars (obviously). And recently have become a fan of american football.

I am of Irish heritage (2nd generation american) in terms of political standings i am an independent. Currently i am living in New York city, i work for a non-profit organization, and spend most my time at the United Nations. But in january i am going to be moving to Kenya for 3 months, and than to the Philippines for 3 months thereafter. after that i hope to be attending university here in the US to study mechanical engineering.

i have been smoking cigars 2 years now, My cigar collection is somewhat limited and i wouldnt consider myself a huge smoker, i smoke probably once every two weeks or so. i have a 100 cigar humidor that i recently acquired (and i retired my home made humi which was a plastic box with a small humidifier in it), currently i own about 25 cigars, and am working on expanding my collection (hopefully with some of your help) using cigarbid (which i recently discovered)...

I am not going to act like i know alot about cigars, because i don't, i know the basics from my dad and uncle. So please be patient with my ignorance, being a big poster on my car enthusiast forums, i know how annoying n00bs can be... I'll try and stay off your nerves as best i can

Glad to be here,
    Pat

Damn after that intro I feel I should be asking you what your sign is!

Welcome to CigarSmokers from NJ. Check out the newbie sampler in the Exchange forum.

DG
    DG
    SB
    HST
    AOD
    AOG
    CD

Welcome from NYC!
    "If you look for truth, you may find comfort in the end; if you look for comfort you will not get either comfort or truth only soft soap and wishful thinking to begin, and in the end, despair." -C.S. Lewis, Mere Christianity

Welcome from west TX.
    Equality is not seeing different things equally. It's seeing different things differently.
    - Tom Robbins

- Like I needed you to tell me I'm a fucking prick . . . Did you think you're posting some front page news? I am a fucking prick . . . - MarineOne

Welcome from Oklahoma. Great intro and pretty good collection of toys at your gentle age

Welcome from Houston!

spiffy

LOL, like everyone else is saying, very good intro.

Welcome from Virginia. You will learn a lot from these mofos.

Andrew

Welcome from the UK
    I thought it was a tampon joke!

Thread Information