Thread: Snowy Death!

Default Snowy Death!

Just venting here... ...lost a member of the family today. We had a 40 foot tall Globe Willow tree in the backyard. It's foilage acted as a natural canopy of glorious shade to my deck and terrace in the warm months. What a beautiful tree.

Last night we got a heavy and damp snow-storm. We awoke to the tree split practically in half taking out some of the fence with it. 6 hours later and it is now practically gone. The tree service folks are out chopping up last chunks of stump right now. The Misses literally cried when she found out we were losing the whole thing! Cigar smoking outside will never be the same
    Mama said a lot of things and be thankful was the one she never minded saying twice

--Drive-By Truckers

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by slcraiders View Post
    Just venting here... ...lost a member of the family today. We had a 40 foot tall Globe Willow tree in the backyard. It's foilage acted as a natural canopy of glorious shade to my deck and terrace in the warm months. What a beautiful tree.

Last night we got a heavy and damp snow-storm. We awoke to the tree split practically in half taking out some of the fence with it. 6 hours later and it is now practically gone. The tree service folks are out chopping up last chunks of stump right now. The Misses literally cried when she found out we were losing the whole thing! Cigar smoking outside will never be the same
    That's a damn shame, one that I fear I will be sharing with you shortly. We have a huge cottonwood tree in our back yard that serves the same purpose for me, and even better, it is a "cottonless" cotton wood, so I don't even have to deal with the pesky spring cleanups. Its icing here now, and its not expected to stop until sometime tomorrow afternoon. Last ice storm we lost several large branches off this guy........and I fear he cannot take much more.

sorry about the tree man........... we really need to get togather is green streets open yet ? last time i was there it was closed.

dustin

“I like too many things and get all confused and hung-up running from one falling star to another till i drop. This is the night, what it does to you. I had nothing to offer anybody except my own confusion.”

4. Default

I lost a large oak tree several years ago. My backyard just is not the same.

When the tree fell my house was not the same for awhile. I had a large limb in my bedroom.

Thread Information