Thread: Ain't if fun to break $hit.

Default Ain't if fun to break $hit.

Just thought I'd share part of my day with you.

So on a whim this morning, my wife's cousin and I decided to go and sling some mud in my 84 Chevy K-10. We go to an open field about 5 miles from my house. For the first 20 or so minutes, we were having a blast. Well, during the course of one of the passes, I hear a loud "pop" in my front end. I make it back to higher/hard ground and notice my steering wheel is about 90 degrees off. We look over the truck for a bit and don't notice anything that scares us too bad (did I tell you we aren't too bright). We make it back to the road and head home. There are basically two curves on the way back...well about midway into the first one, I notice that I am turning the wheel, but the truck isn't responding like it should. We don't run off the road, but we were both a little afraid we were going to become quite familer with the ditch. We make it back safe and sound, but there will be some $ to spend sometime soon. Oh well, was going to happen sooner or later, time for an upgrade.
    Believe Dat!

Originally Posted by Heftysmokes:
    Maybe I should do a movie review on Apollo 13 and tell you all "that's as real as it gets" since I'm a fucking astronaut.

Ya, upgrade to a 84 or newer Toyota Pickup or 4runner. Sell the chevy for parts
    "smoking is one of the greatest and cheapest enjoyments in life,
    and if you decide in advance not to smoke, I can only feel sorry for you."-Sigmund Freud

"The problem with the world is that we draw the circle of our family too small" - Mother Teresa

“The basic difference between an ordinary man and a warrior is that a warrior takes everything as a challenge while an ordinary man takes everything either as a blessing or a curse” – Carlos Casteneda

4. Default

o man thats the worst.
    Live Life to the Fullest
    Tateossian

Don't mind breaking things as long as I don't have to fix them or pay to have them fixed.

When I was a lad and had my first truck I found out quick that four wheeling wasn't so fun after you had to pay to fix everything yourself.

DG
    DG
    SB
    HST
    AOD
    AOG
    CD

Yea destroying things is fun until you get whacked with the bill

how ever wish i could have a cool truck like that
    In England id struggle to insure a pick up for less then $8000
    or anything bigger then a 1.6 wish i was in america mustangs and F-150s all the way

This past weekend, I ordered $400 in repair parts, which consist of two new lift leaf springs, two front shocks, and an one new sway bar. I have find someone to make me a reinforcement plate for the frame/steering box. My hope is that this will be be back on the road and safely.

I have a bad habit of breaking something while fixing something else, so we will see how this goes once I get the parts and motivation to get under the muddy thing.
    Believe Dat!

Quote Originally Posted by The Korean View Post
    This past weekend, I ordered $400 in repair parts, which consist of two new lift leaf springs, two front shocks, and an one new sway bar. I have find someone to make me a reinforcement plate for the frame/steering box. My hope is that this will be be back on the road and safely.

I have a bad habit of breaking something while fixing something else, so we will see how this goes once I get the parts and motivation to get under the muddy thing.

you need to bring that thing out to utah sorry if it brakes will have to leave it up there till the spring thaw ....lol but we can snowmobile up to it to make sure its still there

dustin

“I like too many things and get all confused and hung-up running from one falling star to another till i drop. This is the night, what it does to you. I had nothing to offer anybody except my own confusion.”

Thread Information