Thread: What turned you on to cigars

Default What turned you on to cigars

Just trying to find out how some of you got turned on to cigars.
    As for me I am in the military and got lucky enough to go to Key West last year for a few weeks. We got down there and went downtown to see the nightlife. On strip there were cigar shops and cigar booths all up and down it. And of course being new to cigars all I wanted was to find a Cuban. And I did find some and I also found some fake one's as well. But you live and you learn. All in all it was a great experience and I would love to go back there. It is a blast. So got home and I have been hooked ever sense.
    Let me know your story.
    Does a golfer piss in the woods?

Welcome!

Started with my grandpa smoking really cheap Thompsons. Those were some rough days.

Started smoking with a buddy of mine during NCAA games... i think our first was an Auburn vs. Florida game. Now, we have a Cigar Club that meets up every Tuesday night and smokes. Coincidently, our group is located in Mobile.... Let me know if your ever in Mobile and interested in coming out to smoke with us.

Went to a cigar charity event on a hot date and that really launched me into it.
    The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, "You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done." -unknown

I was drunk and baught some cheap cigars from the bar
    since then ive been smoking upmanns

Back before I was old enough to smoke (14,15), I received a Thompsons catalog for some reason. I used to pore over that thing. I thought it was so friggin cool. To this day I remember that their Rum Twist cigar actually had like three bends in it (it's a straight cigar now). Fast forward about 15 years...I was given a couple of sticks by some friends (which actually dried out by the time I smoked them) and thought I should look into cigars (since I was already smoking a pipe). Found the Thompsons catalog online and was like "Wow!" Never did order anything from them, but I have to say that if not for them, I may not be typing this now.

TampaSupremo
    "Ph-nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn!"-H.P. Lovecraft

While chair bound and committing a slow death by Oprah after a little tumble of a motorcycle, a friend brought by a travel humidor with smokes, cutter and lighter. I'd been reading Hemingway and thinking I had been neglecting my smoking, drinking and whoring around - realized the later would lead to more broken bones and probably a Bobbitt bob, settled on whiskey and cigars...

Been smoking about one a day since and haven't ever seen a sampler I could refuse. Wonder way to relax when it is warm enough to get outside

Cheers,

Rusty

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ralford View Post
    While chair bound and committing a slow death by Oprah after a little tumble of a motorcycle, a friend brought by a travel humidor with smokes, cutter and lighter. I'd been reading Hemingway and thinking I had been neglecting my smoking, drinking and whoring around - realized the later would lead to more broken bones and probably a Bobbitt bob, settled on whiskey and cigars...

Been smoking about one a day since and haven't ever seen a sampler I could refuse. Wonder way to relax when it is warm enough to get outside

Cheers,

Rusty
    Bobbit Bob, LMAO!!

While chair bound and committing a slow death by Oprah following a little tumble off a motorcycle, a friend brought by a travel humidor with smokes, cutter and lighter. By that time I could hobble to the deck on crutches, been reading Hemingway and realized I had been neglecting my smoking, drinking and whoring around - realized the later would lead to more broken bones and probably a Bobbitt bob, settled on whiskey and cigars...

That was last summer and I've been smoking about one a day since and haven't ever seen a sampler I could refuse. Wonder way to relax when it is warm enough to get outside

Currently enamored by every RP I've tried!

Cheers,

Rusty

well, that's one way to get your post count up

sorry for the multiple posts - gee this another one

Cheers,

Rusty

Thread Information