Thread: Anybody got one of these tubes

Default Anybody got one of these tubes

I set up my Coolerdor Friday evening and it finally stabalized to my liking this morning so I loaded my stash into it. Anyway, I went to JR Cigars (I have 2 of their stores within 30 minutes of me) and bought a few more cigars and I saw these Humidity tubes http://http://www.jrcigars.com/index.cfm?page=accessories_detail&ItemCode=3HTL&ty pe=HMF

So I bought 2 of them. I have some Heartfelt beads on the way, expecting them tommorow hopefully. Anyway, I wanted to go ahead and get my cooler this weekend to where I could start using it so Friday I bought some Wet Oasis and set a plastic container of it up and then I bought these tubes also. Not sure who makes these tubes, no name or instructions or anything with them. I just sprayed them a bit with distilled water and put them in there. They were $3 each and seem to be working pretty good. I have the container of Oasis in the bottom of the cooler and I attached the two tubes to the botom of the lid with velcro to try and even out the moisture. I also have an Oust fan I bought and put in there. It seems to be working fine so far, it will vary between 68% and 71%.

that tube looks liketheones thebeads come in, does it havebeads in it? or maybe do you put beads in it?
    Mark 8:36

I believe it does have something inside of it. Doesn't sound like beads or anything when you shake it. It was completely clear and when I sprayed Distilled water into it it turned white.

who knows, may be crystals. in any event i think all those beads tubes crystals and the like all work the same so it prolly won't matter much.
    Mark 8:36

I saw them on the cigar solutions site and they are full of some kind of foam. I would keep my eye on it to see if developes any mold.

I got something like that, its just a stupid sponge in mine. I put 50/50 solution in it, but I know it could get moldly some day. I was looking into the heartfelt beads, how much would I need for 40 ct humidor?

The tube almost looks like the empty ones you get from heartfelt for putting beads into. I have 3 tubes with beads in my traveldor.

latenightcigars, for a small humi one of those 1/2 oz tubes would probably be enough. If you want to get specific there is a "calculator" on the heartfelt website that will tell you exactly how many beads you need for your humi.

spiffy

I guess if the sponge was to start to mold, the tube could probably be opened somehow and the sponge replaced with wet oasis or something.

Thread Information