Thread: Going to Texas

Default Going to Texas

...Specifically San Antonio and Houston

I posted this on CigarLive because of the ridiculous number of Houston folks there are over there, but i know there are some Texas BOTLs here as well so...

So sometime mid March, my girlfriend and I are taking a trip to San Antonio to visit her family. On the way back we plan on stopping in Houston. So we'll be spending maybe 3 or 4 days in San Antonio and a night in Houston. All you Texas folks, we need suggestions for these two cities, i'll break it down by city:

San Antonio:
    (We'll be staying in La Vernia, like 20 min west of San Antonio but we usually spend most of our time in the city somewhere)
    We need some lounges/B&Ms to chill at during the day and some botls to chill with during the week. (She has family there, so we're covered on the lodging and tourist info.)
    I also would like to know if there are any nice liquor stores, my Rum and Scotch selections are limited and pricey here.

Houston:
    A good cigar bar/lounge to chill at Friday night in or around Houston and some botls to chill with.
    A decent and affordable hotel near the cigar bar to stay the night.
    A good B&M and/or liquor store to shop at the next morning before heading out. (again, looking for something with a good Rum and/or Scotch selection)

any suggestions?
    thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by ReV View Post
    ...Specifically San Antonio and Houston

Houston:
    A good cigar bar/lounge to chill at Friday night in or around Houston and some botls to chill with.
    A decent and affordable hotel near the cigar bar to stay the night.
    A good B&M and/or liquor store to shop at the next morning before heading out. (again, looking for something with a good Rum and/or Scotch selection)

any suggestions?
    thanks.
    Spent some time in Houston in December and got lucky... Apparently there is only one (1) cigar bar that sells liquor and allows smoking - Downing Street Pub, cf (http://www.cigarsmokers.com/showthre...999#post102999 ). We stayed at the Holiday Inn Express nearby. For liquor store, "Specks" seems to be a local chain with a fair selection and prices - found a wonderful Cognac, Claude Chantilier, there and should have purchased more - didn't make it home with much

Personally, I find it hard to believe that there is only one cigar bar in Houston, but that is what the patrons said. There are other places where you can BYOL. The prices of cigars and cognac are VERY high at Downing Street - cognac starts at $40/shot

Bear in mind that driving in Houston is the definition of hell! You will likely want to stay near your reason for going to this Hell Hole...

Cheers,

Rusty

Thread Information