Thread: Blue Ray or High-Def

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. Default Blue Ray or High-Def

I've in the market for a DVD player...Do I go with Blue Ray or Hi-Def. I'm leaning toward Blue Ray at the moment.

How about some input from you guys...Pros and cons from your personal experence would be appreciated.

I am still waiting for the war to be worked out. What I think is that eventually they players will play both HD-DVD and Blu-Ray.

From what it sounds like, Sony is releasing only Blu-Ray, and Warner Bros just announced they are dropping HD-DVD, and Paramount is planning on dropping HD-DVD as well.

If this is all true, I would definitely say right now that Blu-Ray is the best bet.
    {*insert snide remark here*}
    Trader Rating: +2112

Hd-DVD is over. Warner Bros, and the majority of movie studios are going blu-ray only.

It's like vhs and beta, blu-ray is vhs, HD-dvd is beta. Both work great but the vast majority of what will be available will be on blu-ray.

Toshiba is the big player in the HD-dvd format. So they might soon be standing alone. Sell your Toshiba stock now.
    I think the name alone "Blue-Ray" sounds better than "Hi-Def". Holy Havanas, couldn't they come up with something better than Hi-Def which is already a generic term for everthing in HD-TV broadcasting.

Blog Entries

Yep...Now the prices of the players and movies will drop significantly.
    I guess I'll have to start over with my movie collection that's nearing 500 titles
    "We're at NOW now... everything that's hapening now... is happening NOW!"

~ Col. Sanders ~

"I guess all we need to do now is give a shit what you think. I'll work on that."

~ ashauler ~

Blu-ray definitely.

Also I like the uncompressed try audio on the Blu-ray. Blu ray format also holds more information than HD DVD.

Toshiba is gonna DROP

Blu-ray is the way to go.

If your looking for a player, you might want to consider a PS3 for one. I believe it is still one of the cheapest players on the market and it is one the best you can buy. Plus you can always play some games on it!

Thread Information