Thread: Deliver Us From Evil

Default Deliver Us From Evil

This was my first Instant Movie on Netflix and was very pleased. Really good documentary and is heart-breaking at some points. Basically it's an honest confession of a priest admitting to his sins of the molestation and rape of many young children. It also shows how the Catholic Church has worked very hard to cover it up. If you like documentaries, then I would recommend this one.

This unsettling Oscar-nominated documentary from filmmaker Amy Berg investigates the life of 30-year pedophile Father Oliver O'Grady and exposes the corruption inside the Catholic Church that allowed him to abuse countless children. A mix of victim stories and a disturbing interview with O'Grady provides a view into the troubled mind of the spiritual leader who moved from parish to parish gaining the trust of congregations ... all the while betraying so many.

Not to be confused with

Last edited by chefchris; 01-12-2008 at 03:39 PM.
    Originally Posted by Heftysmokes:
    Maybe I should do a movie review on Apollo 13 and tell you all "that's as real as it gets" since I'm a fucking astronaut.

Watched this the other night. Thanks for the tip, Chris. Great documentary. Very disturbing. I cannot believe that perverted O'Grady freak is running free in Ireland like a normal retired person. Bastid should be behind bars picking up soap.

I also picked up another religious documentary- "Jesus Camp". Pretty good, but also disturbing. I am baffled at the number of twisted fanatics out there. These kids are genuinely brainwashed... ...motivated by fear and guilt instead of forgiveness and love.
    Mama said a lot of things and be thankful was the one she never minded saying twice

--Drive-By Truckers

Quote Originally Posted by slcraiders View Post
    Watched this the other night. Thanks for the tip, Chris. Great documentary. Very disturbing. I cannot believe that perverted O'Grady freak is running free in Ireland like a normal retired person. Bastid should be behind bars picking up soap.

I also picked up another religious documentary- "Jesus Camp". Pretty good, but also disturbing. I am baffled at the number of twisted fanatics out there. These kids are genuinely brainwashed... ...motivated by fear and guilt instead of forgiveness and love.
    The funny thing is, O'Grady is honestly a likeable guy. Not some crazy looking nutjob. This played with my head the whole time I was watching it.

I also have Jesus Camp in my queue. Should be getting it pretty soon.
    Originally Posted by Heftysmokes:
    Maybe I should do a movie review on Apollo 13 and tell you all "that's as real as it gets" since I'm a fucking astronaut.

Thread Information