Thread: Cigar Bars / Lounges

Default Cigar Bars / Lounges

I have a couple books I bought, Cigar Aficionado's Cigar Companion and The Little Book of Cigars. In both I've read a bit about Cigar Bars or Lounges. Are these common, if so where? I have done a few local searches on Google Maps for businesses and haven't found anything like it. I'd like to visit one and smoke and talk to others that are into the same thing.

In Chattanooga, we have the Chattanooga Billiards Club which is a two-level cigar/pool emporium and local hangout. They have a large, walk-in humidor on the first floor and a cigar lounge next to it, with tv's and overpriced drinks. The second floor is "the billiards room" with pool and another bar. The VIP Havana room is a "members only" luxury area, of which I've never been in, for cigar/spirit enthusiasts with a disposable income. Despite the giant humidor, cigars seem to take a back seat to drinking & general revelry caused by drinking. They sell a lot of ACIDS if you know what I mean.

Anyway, that's the only place I know of in my city. I know of similar places in Nashville, Atlanta & Birmingham.

I would love to find one in the Pittsburgh/Greensburg area around me. Just dont think Ill have much luck, since we DID have the Montecristo room in one of the ball parks until the smoking ban killed it...... Oh and this was before I got into cigars so I never had a chance to make it there.

Many of those cigar bars / lounges are no longer available due to national / state smoking bans. Your best bet is to call your local cigar store. Hopefully they will have a lounge and are grandfathered in. That is a great way to meet and socialize with others who share the passion for cigars.

i found a page on cigarpass.com that lists a bunch of places.

www.cigarpass.com/cigar_friendly.shtml

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity,
    and I'm not sure about the former." -
    Albert Einstein

Thread Information