Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: A New Page

Well, I'm officially an employee of Direct TV. The hours are horrible. Pretty much night shift. So I have two weeks before training starts and I'm taking this time to see if I can do better. Tomorrow I am putting my application in at a furniture factory about 5 minutes from my place. Pay is good and the work sucks, I've done it for 4 years. But sometimes you gotta be responsible ... right sarge?

Wish me luck on getting the crappy job.
    Originally Posted by Heftysmokes:
    Maybe I should do a movie review on Apollo 13 and tell you all "that's as real as it gets" since I'm a fucking astronaut.

2. Default

Go find a job at a power company or contractor being a lineman. Pike is in Alabama as far as I know. Grunt starts at 12$ hr and lineman tops at
    24$hr
    The older I get ,the better I was

What kind of job was it? How old are you? Whats up with your appearance? Sorry about the questions, I guess it is just some stuff I have missed since I have not been here in a long while.

Oh, and sorry about the job but it sounds like it is better for you to be out of there. I too would report him.
    "If your wife doesn't like the aroma of your cigar - change your wife."
    Zino Davidoff

Now that I know what they are:
    +1 Termite
    +1 Raisin

Sounds like your former boss was a major fucknuts, good riddance to him. Sounds like you're better off looking for a job elsewhere, good luck in your search.
    There's only two kinds of cigars, the kind you like and the kind you don't.

Blog Entries

Good luck in you search man, hope you find a sweet job someplace.

My advice would be to try to get into an apprenticeship with an electrician. Those guys make good money.

If you have the stomach for some formal schooling, I'd recommend nursing. Some girls I went to college with graduated as RNs and make great cash working 3 to 3 1/2 days a week. Good hours for a musician.

About 9 years ago a old neighbors of mine was a nurse anesthetist. I'm sure that takes some additional training but the guy made mad cash. His wife stayed at home and he built a 800K place in Rye. Mint.

Knowing what I know now. I would have done the nursing program. Fuck Economics and law school.

Quote Originally Posted by PuffTheMagicDragon View Post
    What kind of job was it? How old are you? Whats up with your appearance? Sorry about the questions, I guess it is just some stuff I have missed since I have not been here in a long while.

Oh, and sorry about the job but it sounds like it is better for you to be out of there. I too would report him.
    I worked in a sign shop. I'm 23 and I have big holes in my ears and a lot of tattoos. To counter all this, I'm extremely good looking.
    Maybe I should do a movie review on Apollo 13 and tell you all "that's as real as it gets" since I'm a fucking astronaut.

Fashion designer. Your first line can be the "Ultimate Shorts for the Ultimate party" aka party shorts.

Quote Originally Posted by chefchris View Post
    I worked in a sign shop. I'm 23 and I have big holes in my ears and a lot of tattoos. To counter all this, I'm extremely good looking.

roflmao....I was just wondering because someone made a comment about your appearance and possibly being discriminated against because of it. I figured that was it, tattoos and the like. I did see your myspace page and you look a lot like my brother who looks a lot like me so yeah, you are an extremely good looking guy

BTW...I have lots of tattoos as well, but no big holes in my ears, just little ones
    "If your wife doesn't like the aroma of your cigar - change your wife."
    Zino Davidoff

Now that I know what they are:
    +1 Termite
    +1 Raisin

Quote Originally Posted by nhcigarfan View Post
    My advice would be to try to get into an apprenticeship with an electrician. Those guys make good money.
    I second that. A Superintendant on my last job was driving a Benz SUV. Plus you could do side jobs for cash.

The other thing i could think of is join the Marines. You get a gun, food, new clothes and you get to blow shit up on the regular. If they give you crap about your tattoo's then try the Navy, though you may need a ship or an anchor tattooed on you somewhere.
    The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, "You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done." -unknown

Quote Originally Posted by chefchris View Post
    you kind of remind me of that guy from napoleon dynamite you should become a profesional dancer just like that guy or a moviestar. i have tattoos and big wholes in my ears and i work at a cigar shop you could do that?

Quote Originally Posted by Cabaiguan Juan View Post
    though you may need a ship or an anchor tattooed on you somewhere.
    I have both.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Cabaiguan Juan View Post
    snip....The other thing i could think of is join the Marines. You get a gun, food, new clothes and you get to blow shit up on the regular. If they give you crap about your tattoo's then try the Navy, though you may need a ship or an anchor tattooed on you somewhere.
    Hey, if the Marines wouldn't let him in........what makes you think the Navy would. After all, a Marines paycheck comes from the Department of the NAVY.

***disclaimer.....just some good natured ribbing from an ex-Navy guy. ****

You're young an ya got yer health. Whadda ya want job for.***********************************Wow, Guntown is tiny, Tupelo looks Ok though. Looks like Memphis & Birmingham are too far.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	raising-arizona-goodman.jpg 
Views:	99 
Size:	30.6 KB 
ID:	742  
    Last edited by pub spears; 02-06-2008 at 05:55 PM.

Ah man that sucks. I'm sure something better can come along soon enough.

For what it's worth, I've actually thanked God before for letting me have the opportunity to enjoy a cigar. Said it with an honest heart too. Wrong or right? Well, I just don't let it control my life. Life is good. God is good.
    Last edited by cls515; 02-12-2008 at 05:41 AM.

Just got back from an interview and got hired at a furniture factory. Don't know when I'll start, he said I'd be getting a call tomorrow. Excited and not excited at the same time. Excited to have a job and make pretty good money ... not excited to get back into factory work. Oh well.

Blog Entries

Congrats on the job

Do they make nice furniture? or is it that laminated MDF crap?
    "We're at NOW now... everything that's hapening now... is happening NOW!"

~ Col. Sanders ~

"I guess all we need to do now is give a shit what you think. I'll work on that."

~ ashauler ~

Quote Originally Posted by bigwhiteash View Post
    Congrats on the job

Do they make nice furniture? or is it that laminated MDF crap?
    No, it's nice stuff. Very picky on quality.

Blog Entries

good, I hate that MDF crap

I actually love the smell of hardwood milling. and as a quality assurance person, I can admire fine craftsmanship, something that is becoming increasingly rare these days. (not to mention expensive).
    "We're at NOW now... everything that's hapening now... is happening NOW!"

~ Col. Sanders ~

"I guess all we need to do now is give a shit what you think. I'll work on that."

~ ashauler ~

Start my new job tomorrow. There was a lot of confusion surrounding my hiring. The main guy wasn't there the day I was called in and given the job. I was talked to by two other top guys. He comes in the next day and one of the guys I talked to was out sick with food poisoning. Then the other guy quit. It was a big hassle.

Funny story. So it's time to take my drug test. Problem is I just woke up ... so I've already pissed! Go in the first time and he says he needs half a cup. I gave him about 5 teaspoons. I laugh about it and he gives me some water. I try again. He got about 2 teaspoons that time. Talk about awkward. Finally after 50 minutes of sitting around I was able to drain my legislative branch.

Another funny story. I'm talking to my girlfriend's mom when she wasn't around. I told her that I had to go take a drug test and to cross her fingers. She didn't laugh. She thinks I'm a drug addict now.

Says she doesn't get my sense of humor.

I'll post how my first day goes. Although I know how it's going to go because I've done furniture manufactoring for 3+ years. I'm gonna bust my ass, that's gonna be about it. It'll be a good day if I don't shoot my hand to the furniture ... again ... for the 4th time.

After that I got the monthly herf down at the Smokestack. I'm sure I'll see Mitch there along with some other friends. Looking forward to it. Smoking a Party Short right now for a mini celebration by my self.
    Last edited by chefchris; 02-19-2008 at 09:49 PM.

Thread Information