Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: A New Page

Good luck brother! SHooting hands with anything is bad!

Chris, congratulations on the new job. It may not be the thing you want to do, but it's something. I always tell me friends who hate their jobs, to hang in there and do their time. I'm sure 75% of the workforce out there hate their job. To make it tolerable, use the money from that job and enjoy life. Take vacations (in your case go diving with your GF more often), smoke more cigars, buy nice things, etc. We take what they can give us. We do what pays the bills.

Just something to think about. With the re-org my company is doing, all my coworkers are losing their jobs and I'm the only fortunate one that was offered a position. I have to move to West Virginia, but that's not too bad. I'll just play more golf!

Andrew

Quote Originally Posted by chefchris View Post
    Start my new job tomorrow. There was a lot of confusion surrounding my hiring. The main guy wasn't there the day I was called in and given the job. I was talked to by two other top guys. He comes in the next day and one of the guys I talked to was out sick with food poisoning. Then the other guy quit. It was a big hassle.

Funny story. So it's time to take my drug test. Problem is I just woke up ... so I've already pissed! Go in the first time and he says he needs half a cup. I gave him about 5 teaspoons. I laugh about it and he gives me some water. I try again. He got about 2 teaspoons that time. Talk about awkward. Finally after 50 minutes of sitting around I was able to drain my legislative branch.

Another funny story. I'm talking to my girlfriend's mom when she wasn't around. I told her that I had to go take a drug test and to cross her fingers. She didn't laugh. She thinks I'm a drug addict now.

Says she doesn't get my sense of humor.

I'll post how my first day goes. Although I know how it's going to go because I've done furniture manufactoring for 3+ years. I'm gonna bust my ass, that's gonna be about it. It'll be a good day if I don't shoot my hand to the furniture ... again ... for the 4th time.

After that I got the monthly herf down at the Smokestack. I'm sure I'll see Mitch there along with some other friends. Looking forward to it. Smoking a Party Short right now for a mini celebration by my self.

Blog Entries

Congrats Bro!! Don't shoot the lighting hand.......

Good luck on the new job!

Glad to hear things are working out for you Chris - and while you may not be thrilled about your new job, hang in there. Look around for a field you may enjoy, and if necessary, get technical training or go back to school if you can. It's never to late in life to switch careers, and there is no point in doing something you don't like all your life.
    There's only two kinds of cigars, the kind you like and the kind you don't.

6. Angry

Sucks to go through all of this Chris. Smoke that cigar get the contest started and don't look back.
    "No one can tell me what is a good cigar -- for me. I am the only judge. There are no standards -- no real standards. Each man's preference is the only standard for him, the only one which he can accept, the only one which can command him."
    ~ Mark Twain

Got quite a few holes and other scars on my hands too. Main thing is I've still got em, and all the little digits too. Good luck on the job. Something you can do till a better opportunity comes along.

Quote Originally Posted by FunkyCold5 View Post
    To make it tolerable, use the money from that job and enjoy life.

Oh, Andrew ... if only you could see my cigar wishlist. I am about to do some major stocking in my humidors.

Today was my second day on the job. My entire body hurts. Really bad. I forgot how hard this line of work is. But hey, they don't pay you $17 an hour because it's easy. But I do like it because I get off at 11am on Fridays! And direct deposits!

I celebrated last nite at the B&M with a Coronado by La Flor, SLR Double Corono ISOM and a HdM Double Corona ISOM. Almost didn't go because of the pain shooting through my body and I was wore out ... but I slept all the way there. it was very relaxing. I needed it. Great conversations last night.

Funny story that happened today. I was laying on this mini table during lunch. My phone got knocked off and i rolled over to the edge to get it. Well the legs of this table are pretty close together and in the middle of the table, not on the four corners. So the table flips over, I get slung off and all this poly comes tumbling down on me and completely covers me. Some guys on my line were lucky enough to see it and we all had a good laugh.

I want to thank everyone for their encouragement. You guys are great!
    Originally Posted by Heftysmokes:
    Maybe I should do a movie review on Apollo 13 and tell you all "that's as real as it gets" since I'm a fucking astronaut.

Grats, Chris. I knew you would be back to the swing of things (at least employment wise) in no time.

Sounds like a rough, yet good gig. In a few weeks you should be a well conditioned machine.

I laughed my ass off when reading about the drug-test comment to the GF's Mother. I can totally see it. Classic.
    Mama said a lot of things and be thankful was the one she never minded saying twice

--Drive-By Truckers

Thread Information