Thread: Cigar Boxes

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Cigar Boxes

Besides the new boxes of cigars you bought, where do most of you find your nicer Wooden Cigar boxes? I've hit several small shops around, but they all want $5 and $6 each for wooden boxes. JR Cigars has them for $1 each but they all get wiped out within the first few minutes of the store being open. Anyway, whats a "good price" on them? I thought $5 was a bit high, but maybe I'm wrong. I'd like to get 4 or 5 of them to use in the Coolerdor. I have 3 of them but they have been full for sometime now.

Yep, it's the same thing here in Columbia, SC.

I've basically given up on finding boxes for my cooler and have purchased some plastic organizers from Walmart that work good for me.

sammis

Sometimes guys here who have a few extra lying around will trade them reasonably, but that mostly depends on if anyone has extras. If you wanted to buy, check out CI.

http://www.cigarsinternational.com/p...10&stext=boxes

I bought those from them a while ago, and was mostly pleased except for two of the boxes which were acids

I thought about going with some of the plastic trays from the dollar store. But I was hoping to get om nice boxes to put the singles in "naked" without the cellophane to help with aging them a little. I have a decent little Cherrywood Humidor (seems to hold 35 or so) that I got last week from Thompson with 25 of their house brand cigars. Not a bad deal for $30. Anyway, I have it right at 66% humidity and holding so I put my more expensive sticks in there, but I'm trying to have as much spanish cedar in the cooler as I can get. I even got my hands on several of those little cedar blocks that come in some of the boxes and have them laying around in there too. I'm not sure how much cedar would be in there to assist in aging, but at least it smells nice when I open to lid to grab a smoke.

Quote Originally Posted by derivation View Post
    Sometimes guys here who have a few extra lying around will trade them reasonably, but that mostly depends on if anyone has extras. If you wanted to buy, check out CI.

http://www.cigarsinternational.com/p...10&stext=boxes

I bought those from them a while ago, and was mostly pleased except for two of the boxes which were acids
    i think i will order the boxes. sounds like a good deal.

i also can get boxes locally. $1 for cardboard ones and $4 or $5 for wood ones
    "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity,
    and I'm not sure about the former." -
    Albert Einstein

I should also give credit where it's due: I had the same question when I first came on the board and chefchris pointed me towards the box deal from CI.

I may be placing an order there myself

I am working on getting collection of cigar boxes to do an art project on one of my game room walls. I go on cbid (which is run by CI) and bid on a lot of 10 boxes. The last time I did, I got like 20 boxes for $18 dollars shipped. The only down side of getting those is that you don't know what boxes they will send you until you get them.
    Believe Dat!

Quote Originally Posted by Namerifrats View Post
    Besides the new boxes of cigars you bought, where do most of you find your nicer Wooden Cigar boxes? I've hit several small shops around, but they all want $5 and $6 each for wooden boxes. JR Cigars has them for $1 each but they all get wiped out within the first few minutes of the store being open. Anyway, whats a "good price" on them? I thought $5 was a bit high, but maybe I'm wrong. I'd like to get 4 or 5 of them to use in the Coolerdor. I have 3 of them but they have been full for sometime now.
    Maybe the guy at the store will work with you once he sees your bummed about paying $30 for some boxes..happened to me, I guess he felt sorry I was moaping around looking at boxes. He ended up just saying give me $5, I walked out with like 4 boxes.

The Smoke Ring in Sugar Land, Texas where I go all the time has them for $4 apiece, but it's only $2 apiece if you buy 10 or more at a time.
    There's only two kinds of cigars, the kind you like and the kind you don't.

I actually just hit a pretty decent score on ebay and got 10 nice boxes, 5 nice Ashton's, 2 Cohibas, and 3 Butera Cedro Fino boxes. Was like $15 after shipping. Got them in two days ago. I'm still looking to get 5-6 more because I'll probably start a second coolerdor in another month or two and will need more boxes for that.

Quote Originally Posted by Namerifrats View Post
    I actually just hit a pretty decent score on ebay and got 10 nice boxes, 5 nice Ashton's, 2 Cohibas, and 3 Butera Cedro Fino boxes. Was like $15 after shipping. Got them in two days ago. I'm still looking to get 5-6 more because I'll probably start a second coolerdor in another month or two and will need more boxes for that.
    Great price, congrats. My smoke shop loves its regular customers, so they usually sell us wooden boxes at $2 each.
    There's only two kinds of cigars, the kind you like and the kind you don't.

All of mine around here want $2 for the cardboard boxes, and $4-$5 for the nicer wooden boxes. JR about 30 minutes from my house has the nice wooden boxes for $1 each, but I think you have to be there when the door opens to get one.

Thread Information