Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cigar Boxes

Default Cigar Boxes

Besides the new boxes of cigars you bought, where do most of you find your nicer Wooden Cigar boxes? I've hit several small shops around, but they all want $5 and $6 each for wooden boxes. JR Cigars has them for $1 each but they all get wiped out within the first few minutes of the store being open. Anyway, whats a "good price" on them? I thought $5 was a bit high, but maybe I'm wrong. I'd like to get 4 or 5 of them to use in the Coolerdor. I have 3 of them but they have been full for sometime now.

Yep, it's the same thing here in Columbia, SC.

I've basically given up on finding boxes for my cooler and have purchased some plastic organizers from Walmart that work good for me.

sammis

Sometimes guys here who have a few extra lying around will trade them reasonably, but that mostly depends on if anyone has extras. If you wanted to buy, check out CI.

http://www.cigarsinternational.com/p...10&stext=boxes

I bought those from them a while ago, and was mostly pleased except for two of the boxes which were acids

I thought about going with some of the plastic trays from the dollar store. But I was hoping to get om nice boxes to put the singles in "naked" without the cellophane to help with aging them a little. I have a decent little Cherrywood Humidor (seems to hold 35 or so) that I got last week from Thompson with 25 of their house brand cigars. Not a bad deal for $30. Anyway, I have it right at 66% humidity and holding so I put my more expensive sticks in there, but I'm trying to have as much spanish cedar in the cooler as I can get. I even got my hands on several of those little cedar blocks that come in some of the boxes and have them laying around in there too. I'm not sure how much cedar would be in there to assist in aging, but at least it smells nice when I open to lid to grab a smoke.

Quote Originally Posted by derivation View Post
    Sometimes guys here who have a few extra lying around will trade them reasonably, but that mostly depends on if anyone has extras. If you wanted to buy, check out CI.

http://www.cigarsinternational.com/p...10&stext=boxes

I bought those from them a while ago, and was mostly pleased except for two of the boxes which were acids
    i think i will order the boxes. sounds like a good deal.

i also can get boxes locally. $1 for cardboard ones and $4 or $5 for wood ones
    "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity,
    and I'm not sure about the former." -
    Albert Einstein

I should also give credit where it's due: I had the same question when I first came on the board and chefchris pointed me towards the box deal from CI.

I may be placing an order there myself

I am working on getting collection of cigar boxes to do an art project on one of my game room walls. I go on cbid (which is run by CI) and bid on a lot of 10 boxes. The last time I did, I got like 20 boxes for $18 dollars shipped. The only down side of getting those is that you don't know what boxes they will send you until you get them.
    Believe Dat!

Blog Entries

I see them all the time at flea markets and yard sales. Unless there old and desirable for that reason alone you can get them for a 1 or 2. Some of the older cigar smokers have a ton of boxes they have no use for we all know that I am sure once you get to know people trading for a few boxes will not be hard. My suggestion to you is go to your local flea market take a look around and get to know a few vender's find out who smoking cigars and gift a few their way. Then slip in that your interested in wooden cigars boxes to help in storage, so when their out and about keep that in mind. Dealers buy out houses and are faced sometimes with a lot of stuff they will just throw in the trash because they do not deal with it themselves.

http://www.cmt.com/videos/eric-churc...le-smoke.jhtml?

"Do this...go to Google and type in "Dumbass that can't take a hint"...notice the picture of a big feller in his Moms kitchen with a can of Wannabe RockStar on his man boob...Hey, that's you!" TheGreekTitan

May God grant us the wisdom to discover right, the will to

choose it, and the strength

to make it endure

I bought the box package from CI as well. 9 of them were great and are still in my cooler, the 10th was an ACID box and is now in a landfill somewhere.

spiffy

Not trying to ask a stupid question, but whats wrong with ACID boxes? I've never smoked any of their Cigars or really even paid much attention to their boxes. Are they not Spanish Cedar? I was under the impression that all the wood used in Cigar boxes were Spanish Cedar, including the little blocks, and the bottoms under the paper in the "cardboard" boxes like some of the Romeo Y Julieta boxes.
    Last edited by Namerifrats; 01-20-2008 at 06:05 PM.

the problem with acid boxes are that the cigars are infused with other maybe undersireable flavors. and they don't want their cigars to inherite (SP?) the flavor.
    "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity,
    and I'm not sure about the former." -
    Albert Einstein

Ohhh, so ACID's are flavored. Yeah that would be bad. I don't mind a flavored cigar once in a while, but don't want all my smokes picking up a funny flavor

Are you looking for a certain size? Like I said, I have some that I have been disassembling for something, but I think I have a few that are still intact. Let me know, and I'll see what ones I haven't taken apart yet.
    Believe Dat!

Well, I'd like a couple that would hold around 25 Corona size, and maybe a couple that'll hold a longer Churchill. I could put some of my shorter ones in the Corona box.

I got a bunch of cigar boxes...If you want em they are yours...

I'll look and see what I have, and if I have any that you can use, I'll get them to you.
    Believe Dat!

18. Default

Interesting thread. I've been wondering what to do with my empties. Maybe we'll sell 'em at a buck plus shipping on our site.
    Heather Haddad
    www.fumeeworld.com
    Fumee cigars, podcasts and more

i work at a little cigar shop and we have about 50 or so boxes just tell me what you need and im sure we can work something out.

Quote Originally Posted by l0venpeace View Post
    Interesting thread. I've been wondering what to do with my empties. Maybe we'll sell 'em at a buck plus shipping on our site.
    So...if I wanted to buy say 100 of them if you have that many, could I get them for say $.75 plus shipping?
    Believe Dat!

Thread Information