Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Super Bowl Pool

1. Default Super Bowl Pool

Anyone intrested in a cigar super bowl pool? I would be willing to organize, or if someone else would like to, who has a little more experience with trading, I can help out. I have a few rules in mind, if theres intrest Ill post them.

Just saw this. I would be interested. anyone else huh?
    Family, Friends and a good cigar. Oh and some fishing too!

3. Default

Only one week until the game, hope this gets a few more responses so we can get it rolling.

Columbus/Canton, OH (home of the Pro Football Hall of Fame!!!)

How were you thinking of running it? A suggestion would be to go ahead and post up the rules/regulations that you were thinking of going with to get people more interested. I'm sure there'd be more interest if things were mapped out.

5. Default

Heres a quick list of some of the rules, any suggestions would help:
    1. A box cost 4 cigars, each cigar should cost atleast $5. you may purchase as many boxes as you like.
    2. The winnings will be 1st quarter-50 cigars, Half 125 cigars, 3rd quarter 50 cigars, final 175 cigars. (Can also change it to 2 cigars a box and the winnings would be 25,50,25,100) We will take a vote on that.
    3. Your cigars are expected to be shipped within a week of the game. In your package your user name must be included. If someone is shorted cigars, they will post all the names of people who they recieved cigars from, this way we can figure out who didnt hold up there end.
    4. People with boxes numbered 1-12 will send to the winner of the 1st quarter.(The person with box number 12 will have to send half to 1st quarter half to second quarter winners). People with boxes numbered 13-44 will send to the half winner, etc. (Final details on shipping)will be posted after the game.
    5. The numbers will be picked on the Friday before the game.

As its 2:00 Am these are all the rules I can think of as of now. Feel free to post any revisions or additions to be considered.

6. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Mikey-OH View Post
    How were you thinking of running it? A suggestion would be to go ahead and post up the rules/regulations that you were thinking of going with to get people more interested. I'm sure there'd be more interest if things were mapped out.
    This asshat does not know when to STFU...I'm getting tired of his leg humping.

Mikey-OH...It's pretty clear you are not welcome here. Take a fuggin hike.

Quote Originally Posted by cigarsarge View Post

I was just trying to help him out to get this going. I'm not participating in it, just trying to be helpful is all.

Quote Originally Posted by prostartjr1738 View Post
    Heres a quick list of some of the rules, any suggestions would help:
    1. A box cost 4 cigars, each cigar should cost atleast $5. you may purchase as many boxes as you like.
    2. The winnings will be 1st quarter-50 cigars, Half 125 cigars, 3rd quarter 50 cigars, final 175 cigars. (Can also change it to 2 cigars a box and the winnings would be 25,50,25,100) We will take a vote on that.
    3. Your cigars are expected to be shipped within a week of the game. In your package your user name must be included. If someone is shorted cigars, they will post all the names of people who they recieved cigars from, this way we can figure out who didnt hold up there end.
    4. People with boxes numbered 1-12 will send to the winner of the 1st quarter.(The person with box number 12 will have to send half to 1st quarter half to second quarter winners). People with boxes numbered 13-44 will send to the half winner, etc. (Final details on shipping)will be posted after the game.
    5. The numbers will be picked on the Friday before the game.

As its 2:00 Am these are all the rules I can think of as of now. Feel free to post any revisions or additions to be considered.

Just want to clear a few things up to make sure I'm reading this right. The order of these goes with your points you mentioned.

1. Are you saying that each person will be required to send a package containing 4 cigars in order to join in the pool? Great idea if that's so. Not too much but will still make for a good payout at the end to the winners.

2. I get the part about the winner of each quarter and the final getting a payout, but were you saying that we're looking at trying to have enough cigars for paying out between 50-175 cigars? I think that's a lot if that was your intention. Not sure if we could get together that many sticks (but like you said, It's late so I apologize if I'm just reading this wrong).

The rest seem pretty self-explanitory. Just clarification on those 2 would be good. I like the system you're thinking of though. Sounds like a great way to get more people involved and in on the winnings.

Only one week until the game, hope this gets a few more responses so we can get it rolling.
    Given the size of the active membership here I don't think you can pull this off in less than a week. I would reduce the amount of cigars to at most 2 per box to have any chance at filling it up. I'm already involed in a cigar pool on another forum or I would play.

Blog Entries

on threadjack:

Quote Originally Posted by cigarsarge View Post

No room for mis-inerpretation above.

Quote Originally Posted by Mikey-OH
    I was just trying to help him out to get this going. I'm not participating in it, just trying to be helpful is all.
    No shit your not participating, . Just don't get it that you won't be participating in anything here huh? Notice how others are simply ignoring your posts and commenting around you.......as if you didn't exist? Keep it up.......somebody will ask for a ban sooner or later, and until then you will be the boards chew-toy.

off threadjack

My apologies forderailing your thread prostartjr1738. I will have to say that I agree with WOXOF on the superbowl pool.

Quote Originally Posted by ashauler View Post
    on threadjack:

No room for mis-inerpretation above.

No shit your not participating, . Just don't get it that you won't be participating in anything here huh? Notice how others are simply ignoring your posts and commenting around you.......as if you didn't exist? Keep it up.......somebody will ask for a ban sooner or later, and until then you will be the boards chew-toy.
    Thanks for your input. But this really doesn't concern you. Just prostartjr1738's current contest. I'm sure a self-proclaimed "40 year old mature man" can understand that and try to stay on task with what's happening. Or maybe not....

Blog Entries

Thanks for your input. But this really doesn't concern you. Just prostartjr1738's current contest. I'm sure a self-proclaimed "40 year old mature man" can understand that and try to stay on task with what's happening. Or maybe not....
    You are polluting the board.......so it does concern me. What I see happening is you showing more and more of your a$@. Your transformation to troll is almost complete.

Where's the popcorn.......

This is absolutely none of your business, your suggestions are not welcome, others' interest in it does not concern you, and your surety is a moot point.

Here, you say you're not participating. Wow. Your arrogance and cynicism have reached new levels. You just called us all stupid, beginning with Sarge. By the very act of commenting here, you participate. In fact, your level of participation is higher than pretty much everyone else's besides prostart's. You're like the guy whose wife walks in on him fucking someone else and in the face of her shock and disbelief, he asks her if she's gonna believe him or what she sees, expecting to convince her he's done nothing wrong. You know, this kind of manipulation, and trying to disguise it as "just helping" are signs of mental instability and now I don't know if you're an asshole or a head case.

Just want to clear a few things up to make sure I'm reading this right. The order of these goes with your points you mentioned..
    Again, your clarity and your perspective here are meaningless.

1. Are you saying that each person will be required to send a package containing 4 cigars in order to join in the pool? Great idea if that's so. Not too much but will still make for a good payout at the end to the winners..
    What a fucking piece of work. "Great idea if that's so." Let's see, Leg humping? Condescending? Yeah. Arrogant? fuck man - what if it's not so? Then it's not a great idea? Then, you call it a good payout for the winners here, and below you say it's a lot, implying it's too much. Make up your fucking mind dude. Oh wait, presenting a moving target, and keeping others guessing and confused, and refusing to commit to a position are tools of the trade for the pathological liar. My bad. Dude don't let me fuck with your flow.

2. I get the part about the winner of each quarter and the final getting a payout, but were you saying that we're looking at trying to have enough cigars for paying out between 50-175 cigars? I think that's a lot if that was your intention. Not sure if we could get together that many sticks (but like you said, It's late so I apologize if I'm just reading this wrong)..
    Now this is just laughable. "we". Fuck me. "Oh no, I'm not participating here. I'm just tryin' to help." Please fucking tell me you did not fucking say that up there.

The rest seem pretty self-explanitory. Just clarification on those 2 would be good. I like the system you're thinking of though. Sounds like a great way to get more people involved and in on the winnings.
    fucking SIGH. More leghumping. "See??? I'm really such a great guy!!! Never mind that I fucked up a Secret Santa like polio. Never mind that I said I would lay back but just can't. Let's just move forward!! Let's just focus on the bright 'n' shiney things I say!!"

Whoops! What's this? Sarcasm? Ohmyfuckinggod. Well, really, this is refreshing after all your transparent fake bullshit.

Here's the thing: you have fucked up your reputation. Your reputation is all you have here. In the context of your fucked up reputation, no one is going to take you seriously, believe you, trade with you, like you, or give you anything but negative feedback. If anyone does, there are members here, myself included, who will warn those off of you. You are arrogant, plastic, cynical, and desparate. You lie, you underestimate our intelligence and sensibility and you woefully overestimate your own status on this board which is that of bottomfeeder bitchass punk fucking pieceofshit troll.

Oh? What's that?? You say you need another shovel, that yours is worn out? I'll bet it is. Here.
    Equality is not seeing different things equally. It's seeing different things differently.
    - Tom Robbins

- Like I needed you to tell me I'm a fucking prick . . . Did you think you're posting some front page news? I am a fucking prick . . . - MarineOne

14. Default

If I wasnt being clear, I meant a box will cost you 4 cigars. You are not required to send these cigars anywhere untill the game is over and the winners post their addresses. You then send your cigars to the winner which you are assigned. This is so that the cigars arent in the mail multiple times. If you do the math, 4 cigars per box (100 boxes) equals 400 cigars. Add my breakdown together, 50, 125, 50, 175 and you get 400. I also stated that that is a lot of cigars, so maybe 2 cigars a box will be better with a breakdown of 25, 50, 25, 100, which comes out to the pool total of 200. There should be no problem doing this in a week as I do not have to have all the cigars sent to me and than re sent to the winners. WE just need to fill up 100 boxes. I am also trying to figure out a way to pick the numbers this way I can participate in the pool and noone can accuse me of cheating. Any suggestions?

Also, prostart, my apologies for such a long-winded threadjack.
    Equality is not seeing different things equally. It's seeing different things differently.
    - Tom Robbins

- Like I needed you to tell me I'm a fucking prick . . . Did you think you're posting some front page news? I am a fucking prick . . . - MarineOne

Basil I have to imagine that you must have something better to do with your life than just sit around and roast people from behind your computer screen. As far as I can tell that seems to be the majority of your posts on this site. Although I will say it always give me a good chuckle to come on here and see the things you write. Don't you have a job or something productive to do with your life?

Maybe you "old guys" should help out with this contest then instead of taking over a 4th thread with all your hateful comments towards me. Maybe show this guy what outstanding gentlemen you are and show some interest. Or you could just sit around, let this go to waste, and wait around like lions on the hunt for him to say something that rubs you guys the wrong way and then you can pounce on him like most of the other new people that come to this board. I guess you just do what you have to in order to keep your "good ol' boy" network intact and without interruption.

If I wasnt being clear, I meant a box will cost you 4 cigars. You are not required to send these cigars anywhere untill the game is over and the winners post their addresses. You then send your cigars to the winner which you are assigned. This is so that the cigars arent in the mail multiple times. If you do the math, 4 cigars per box (100 boxes) equals 400 cigars. Add my breakdown together, 50, 125, 50, 175 and you get 400. I also stated that that is a lot of cigars, so maybe 2 cigars a box will be better with a breakdown of 25, 50, 25, 100, which comes out to the pool total of 200. There should be no problem doing this in a week as I do not have to have all the cigars sent to me and than re sent to the winners. WE just need to fill up 100 boxes. I am also trying to figure out a way to pick the numbers this way I can participate in the pool and noone can accuse me of cheating. Any suggestions?
    Ok I see what you're saying now. I think the 2 cigars boxa would probably be more manageable like you and WOXOF stated. Anyway I hope you get this off the ground. Apparently I'm not wanted here with this so hopefully these other guys can help you out. Good luck.

Basil I have to imagine that you must have something better to do with your life than just sit around and roast people from behind your computer screen. As far as I can tell that seems to be the majority of your posts on this site. Although I will say it always give me a good chuckle to come on here and see the things you write. Don't you have a job or something productive to do with your life?

Maybe you "old guys" should help out with this contest then instead of taking over a 4th thread with all your hateful comments towards me. Maybe show this guy what outstanding gentlemen you are and show some interest. Or you could just sit around, let this go to waste, and wait around like lions on the hunt for him to say something that rubs you guys the wrong way and then you can pounce on him like most of the other new people that come to this board. I guess you just do what you have to in order to keep your "good ol' boy" network intact and without interruption.
    Nope, lots of new people come here and are treated with respect. You've been singled out because you've proved to be untrustworthy by not living up to your end of a Secret Santa. Then you acted like it was not really a big deal. Your reputation is shot. Not all new guys get treated this way, only those that ruin their own reputation by proving their lack of character.
    There's only two kinds of cigars, the kind you like and the kind you don't.

STFU!

People like Ted have been more productive and done more for society than your nestled little ass can fathom.

This board is not out to pounce on new folks.. ..only assholes that do not belong. You have shown that you clearly do not belong here with your lack of accountability, defensive mouthy mouth, martyrdom, and baiting.

Every sentence you type is detrimental to your cause.
    Mama said a lot of things and be thankful was the one she never minded saying twice

--Drive-By Truckers

Mikey,

I like newbies and so do a lot of the other BOTL's here. A board can not survive or grow with out them. That's one of the reason I did the Newbie Secret Santa and will do a Cigar Draft that I will push for the Newbies to join in on. I know I have one sticky around here that has advice to the newbie. Linky I also told you in plain terms in the grinch list thread what you should do. The STFU didn't mean just in that thread it meant board wide. Once a package showed up then you could have started posting a little. Maybe one day you would have fixed this. Not now! You stepped on your own dick too much.

You really should check out www.cigarlive.com They give people a second chance no matter what you do.

DG
    DG
    SB
    HST
    AOD
    AOG
    CD

Thread Information