Thread: Padilla Signature 1932

Default Padilla Signature 1932

Ashauler asked for my 2 cents.
    Just remember everyones palate differs. Whether cigars, wine or beer. Its all about what gives YOU the taste, flavor and experience.

PADILLA 1932 TORPEDO
    Wrapper: Nicaraguan , Filler: Nicaraguan, Binder: Nicaraguan
    Size: Torpedo 6.5″ x 52 ring

The Padilla Signature is Ernesto Padilla’s flagship cigar. Blended by Pepin Garcia and made in Garcia’s El Rey De Los Habanos cigar factory. They make some of the best cigars available in to the US market. As all cigar lines under the Padilla name, they are a tribute to his late father. As many might know, Ernesto’s father was Herberto Padilla, a Cuban poet. The Signature 1932 is dedicated to his father’s birth year.
    Let me start out by saying, I love the entire Signature line. All made in small lot production. Always guaranteeing quality over quantity! The tobacco is never rushed, and the construction is spot on.

The Padilla 1932 Signature Torpedo is an immediate eye catcher. Having a dark brown, veiny wrapper that reminds me of many top Habanos ….. and a band that shows like a family crest, not just a band. Looks are a classic.

To me the Padilla Signature is all about flavor. Anyone can make a full body cigar……but a full body cigar that is balanced between strength and flavor. That’s the trick. And, I think this Padilla Signature 1932 is an outstanding example. Out of the cello this cigar is brimming with oil (yeah, a little while ago the Signature 1932 went cello). The cigar lights with a bit more strength and spice (as many full bodies do). The cigar has an earthiness and spice, but always remains smooth. A very complex blend, but I can not honestly say I get all those subtle nuances that some claim. Never had, never will. This cigar can generate smoke! Full and lush. The ash is very sturdy and an eye catching white (sign of good combustion). I have heard an occasional complaint about the burn. But, I have never experienced any problems. I have seen so many people do hatchet jobs on cigars. Way to much heat….. way too close to foot….way too long. All while hitting it like a crack pipe. Welcome to the business. No relights either. I put a cigar down quite a bit (helping customers at work) and never had to re-light this one.

I would strongly recommend this cigar to anyone searching for a great full and rich cigar. This is one of my top 15! I am not a Tatuaje fan (construction issues and flat taste) and do not understand the comparisons, except the Pepin factor. But for quality its all Padilla!!! Some may gripe about price …..but, for the most part you get what you pay for in premium cigars.

Hope this helps some.

Nice review. I agree - this is an outstanding cigar. I like the 8/11's too.
    Equality is not seeing different things equally. It's seeing different things differently.
    - Tom Robbins

- Like I needed you to tell me I'm a fucking prick . . . Did you think you're posting some front page news? I am a fucking prick . . . - MarineOne

Blog Entries

Excellent review, thank you. I can't wait for mine to arrive.

Thread Information