Thread: More safiness destroyed

Default More safiness destroyed

Sometimes I just can't help myself.

I'm sitting at work yesterday. At the desk next to me, we have a customer booking hotels in Europe. He's insisting we guarantee him non-smoking rooms. The travel agent is telling him that we can put it on request, but that request will be considered upon arrival, and that we cannot guarantee him non-smoking rooms.

He's having a fit - should I take my business elsewhere? She tries to explain that this is the way hotel bookings work. He's making all kinds of noise about he's just going to die if he has to stay in a smoking room, and it's a killer, and why cant' we be more considerate of our clients?

I can't take it anymore. I whip out my cel phone and call up one of my best smoking buddies. I have a brief, rather loud but not too loud, conversation with him about the last cigar event. What we smoked, what we liked, etc.

So as I have this conversation, I hear the customer getting vewy, vewy quiet.......I guess he thought the whole world agreed with him that smoking kills and never suspected there was a cigar smoker sitting RIGHT NEXT TO HIM!!!

Stuck up, knowitall, righteous, hate-spewing nanny staters.......
    There's only two kinds of cigars, the kind you like and the kind you don't.

Quote Originally Posted by cigar no baka View Post

I'm sitting at work yesterday. At the desk next to me, we have a customer booking hotels in Europe. He's insisting we guarantee him non-smoking rooms. The travel agent is telling him that we can put it on request, but that request will be considered upon arrival, and that we cannot guarantee him non-smoking rooms.

He's having a fit - should I take my business elsewhere? She tries to explain that this is the way hotel bookings work. He's making all kinds of noise about he's just going to die if he has to stay in a smoking room, and it's a killer, and why cant' we be more considerate of our clients?

I can't take it anymore. I whip out my cel phone and call up one of my best smoking buddies. I have a brief, rather loud but not too loud, conversation with him about the last cigar event. What we smoked, what we liked, etc.

So as I have this conversation, I hear the customer getting vewy, vewy quiet.......I guess he thought the whole world agreed with him that smoking kills and never suspected there was a cigar smoker sitting RIGHT NEXT TO HIM!!!

Too bad he didnt realize that it works like that BOTH FUCKIN WAYS! He obviously dosent travel much. I mean really I have to go through the same thing when requesting a smoking room. And your right its just the way things work and you have to accept it.

Bet the poor shmuck dosent even realize we have it worse when requesting a smoking room. Cuz you know this happens sometimes "Hello Id like a smoking room. Im sorry we dont have any available. Ok Ill make sure to ask when I check in to see if any are. Im sorry but we are a smoke free hotel. Well now, why the fuck would you go and do something like that?"

Blog Entries

Funny. Would have been great if your co-worker could have referred him to a supervisor.......then pretended it was you.

Not to mention the fact that EVERYONE in Europe smokes EVERYWHERE.

lol, Nice!

Quote Originally Posted by ashauler View Post
    Funny. Would have been great if your co-worker could have referred him to a supervisor.......then pretended it was you.
    I am her supervisor. What makes it even more precious is that the employee in question is a virulent, rabid anti-smoker herself.

Blog Entries

I am her supervisor. What makes it even more precious is that the employee in question is a virulent, rabid anti-smoker herself.
    That is priceless.

8. Default Polite Embarrassment

Gentlemen - I'll have to admit that I sincerely enjoyed the tale of quieting
    this disrespectful person. There must have been a streak of sheer pleasure
    in hearing him get quieter and quieter, not to mention the bonus of having
    the co-worker squirm in her seat without being able to speak her mind.

Perhaps we all need to continue to remind the self-rightous that we too have
    individual rights in the pursuit of happiness!

Please hand me a smoke and call our bartender ......

Quote Originally Posted by AshLvr View Post
    Gentlemen - I'll have to admit that I sincerely enjoyed the tale of quieting
    this disrespectful person. There must have been a streak of sheer pleasure
    in hearing him get quieter and quieter, not to mention the bonus of having
    the co-worker squirm in her seat without being able to speak her mind.

Perhaps we all need to continue to remind the self-rightous that we too have
    individual rights in the pursuit of happiness!

Please hand me a smoke and call our bartender ......

I will continue to lead the fight against intolerance, bigotry, small-mindedness and pure hatred spewed by non-smokers in their misugided crusade to turn smokers into evil pariahs.

Thread Information