I have an interview at a semi-local new car stealership on Friday. I am presently employed as some may remember as a law enforcement officer but my heart is no longer in it. Low pay, poor work conditions and my department is basically a giant piece of crap and I really have very few options in the area if I want to stay in this field of work, but by going to one of those places I will take a pay cut from an already low paying position. I have thought about getting in to sales as a way to break in to the white collared world but worry about the economy and how it will affect such a job. I still see lots of new cars on the road with temp tags and a friend of mine just bought a new car last week and had to wait in line half the day to talk to a sales person cause they were so busy and this was at the dealership that I have the interview at, which was kinda promising.

I guess my question is to those in a sales position or business position, what are your thoughts? How do you like your current job? Does the pay seem to be appropriate for the work you are doing? Would the experience gained as a new car salesperson be helpful in possibly getting a better job in the business world?