Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: cigar and a drink?

Espresso Imperial Stout with CAO MX2
    Stone Smoked Porter with AVO (Alaska's will fail half way through the cigar)
    Oak Aged Bourbon Porter with Camacho Triple Maduro
    Still working on new combos.
    Wild

On Tap -

1. Red IPA
    2. Extreme Red

Secondary - Mesquite Bourbon Mead

"The problem with the world is that everyone is a few drinks behind." - Humphrey Bogart

2. Default TO everything there is a season...

Better yet...there is a delightful drink for delicious cigars, sumptious sips for swallowing
    with smooth cigars and boastful beverages for benevolent beauties. Gents... have you
    noticed that certain drinks go better at designated times of the day, circumstances and
    cigars. Mimosas in the morning on a deck overlooking a forest, beers on the boat,
    vodka on the course, brandy in the evening. It is well known that our beverage of choice
    is more than capable of enticing the old taste buds to explore new heights in the smoke
    that we may not have experienced before. Pure enjoyment all the way around and down
    to the last ash.:smiley41

Hey Ash, Tolkien wants his vernacular back.

I drink my port at room temp. Jonesy Tawny Port (my favorite) can be had for about $10.99 here.

Quote Originally Posted by Sporadic Metonomy View Post
    The most amazing cigar/drink combination I've encountered was a RP Vintage '90 Torpedo with a glass of Jonesey Tawny Port.

So...try Port wine.
    I purchased a bottle of "Dow's 10 Tawny Porto" last evening. Enjoyed 2 fingers with a Hemingway Short Story. Both with a hint of earthyness, they make a great after dinner combo.

Blog Entries

Most of the time it's Coffee, Beer, Coke/Bourbon or Whiskey, or lastly Scotch. Now, it's a 12 Glennfiddick with a CAO MX2

I plan on pairing some port wine with a RP Decade this weekend. That CAO MX2/GlenFiddich combo sounds interesting too.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Sporadic Metonomy View Post
    That CAO MX2/GlenFiddich combo sounds interesting too.
    I've had this combo, goes very well together
    "We're at NOW now... everything that's hapening now... is happening NOW!"

~ Col. Sanders ~

"I guess all we need to do now is give a shit what you think. I'll work on that."

~ ashauler ~

As you can see I like to chug a beer before and after every cigar.

Beer drinking goat - Lajitas Trading Post, Terlingua, TX
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	beerdrinkingoat.jpg 
Views:	403 
Size:	46.5 KB 
ID:	747  
    Last edited by DeeDubya; 02-14-2008 at 09:55 AM.

9. Default Food for Thought

Guys - I'm at a party last night and the ladies are debating which hors' deuvre
    (aka - snacks) do we like best. We guys were a little preoccupied with our smokes,
    but I told the gals I would get back to them with a larger consensus of opinion.
    So...how about it, what little nibbler is your favorite? I am a little partial to shrimp
    or bacon-wrapped anything.

well hell it keystone light in a 24 oz can its just good ass beer

dustin

ps after about six i think i will sign off for the night or maybe go and ressurect the fish tank threed

“I like too many things and get all confused and hung-up running from one falling star to another till i drop. This is the night, what it does to you. I had nothing to offer anybody except my own confusion.”

11. Default

A good amber, like Sam Adams Boston Lager or Elliot Ness from Great Lakes Brewery.

Blog Entries

I haven't had much good experiences drinking beer and enjoying a good cigar - at least not if I want to enjoy the taste of each separately. But I'm interested in trying out a few of the combinations suggested in this thread.

I enjoy either a scotch or a port. I'm a big fan of the Jonesey Port as well, but I've also enjoyed Irish Cream, such as O'Maras. I really enjoy the milky-sweet taste with the spiciness of cigars I normally enjoy.

Age Quod Agis

1 Strike

Blog Entries

oops
    Last edited by mrtr33; 04-15-2008 at 12:44 PM. Reason: double post - sorry

Age Quod Agis

1 Strike

Quote Originally Posted by DeeDubya View Post
    As you can see I like to chug a beer before and after every cigar.

Beer drinking goat - Lajitas Trading Post, Terlingua, TX

Hey have you been there? I actually fed that goat. He was honorable mayor or something. I think he may have died though since.

Blog Entries

bump for nostalgia

http://www.cmt.com/videos/eric-churc...le-smoke.jhtml?

"Do this...go to Google and type in "Dumbass that can't take a hint"...notice the picture of a big feller in his Moms kitchen with a can of Wannabe RockStar on his man boob...Hey, that's you!" TheGreekTitan

May God grant us the wisdom to discover right, the will to

choose it, and the strength

to make it endure

scotch is my drink of choice. Port would be a distant second. I rarely drink beer with my cigars but sometimes when its hot and there are no mojitos.
    www.prohumidors.com - Premium Humidors and Cigar accessories.

I generally drink coke or coffee depending on the season, however i picked up a bottle of Elijah Craig 12 yr. bourbon last night that i am anxious to pare with different cigars.
    Mark 8:36

Quote Originally Posted by Maduro Man View Post
    3 fingers of Crown for me!!! Love Crown with a stick!!!
    Crown or on the rocks or cutting the edge with a little coke is lovely with a good stick.

Definitely one of my favorite combos. I find coke by itself to be a bit too sweet (I like Root Beer or Dr. Pepper) but cut with some Crown its perfect.
    America is all about tolerance. We love tolerance, we love the melting pot, and we hate intolerance...

Unless its directed towards a freakin' smoker.

19. Default

Rum and coke...or Gin and Tonic are my favorites. Although I did really enjoy a Heineken with a Gurkha Beast recently! Very good combination to me!

Something worth checking out are the single village Mezcals from Del Maguey. Unlike tequila where the agave is roasted in autoclaves the Del Maguey Mezcals are from agave pinas roasted in pits over heated stones and plant fibers so they take on a smokiness reminiscent of a good Islay malt. In the summer a full-bodied smoke, a camp fire and a glass of Del Maguey Chichicapa or Minero is pure heaven.

Otherwise it's the usual Scotch, Bourbon, Espresso or Coca-Cola.
    Were there monkeys? Some terrifying space monkeys maybe got loose?

Thread Information