Thread: Mini Pool

1. Default Mini Pool

Been trying to figure out some kind of sports contest to make them more intresting, an maybe win a few cigars and came up with an idea.Not sure if it will work but in theory it should let me know what you think. The basis is like a Super Bowl Pool. Except ther are some diffrences. The way I came up with it is for hockey. Being that a team rarely score more than 5 goals in a game the score numbers will go from 0-5. That makes 36 boxes. There are a few ways to do payouts. Either a box costs 1 cigar and winner takes all. Or a box costs 1 cigar and 1st period winner gets 10, 2nd period winner gets 10 and final gets 16. Or a box cost 2 cigars 1st period gets 20, 2nd gets 20 and final gets 32. If the score does go over 5, say the score is 6-2. The person with boxes 5-2 would win. Overtime would count to the final score, however a shoot out wouldnt since sometimes the scores can get to high with a shootout. I figure pools are a good way to win a good amount of cigars, yet if you lose you are only loosing minimal cigars. Let me know what you think any intrest in it?

All I know is that in playoff hockey they don't have a shootout, just overtime.
    As for the pool, I'm sorry but I don't know anything about betting in pools so it's like you're speaking a different language.
    But the losing minimal amount of cigars sounds good.

3. Default

Wasnt really talking about playoff hockey, just random games. Pools are good being that you dont really have to know much about the sport in order to win. You basically buy a box, pick what number you want and thats it. Than I would assign the scores by picking them out of a hat or something. If the scores that are in the game are your scores you win. All luck. As for the playoffs Im trying to figure something out for them. This was just an idea to make some games more intresting with a chance to win a good amount of cigars, yet losing will only cost you a cigar or 2

Thread Information