Thread: Starting a cigar club in VA, MD, DC

1. Default Starting a cigar club in VA, MD, DC

OK, I've finally begin to really think about how to do this and I'm ready to start putting together a group of people who have a serious interest in starting a private club in the National Capitol Area.

I say I, but I've identitifed others who have an interest in the same agenda.

So if you have an interest and you are local to the national capitol area send me an email at bryan_winston@yahoo.com. What I'll then do is send you a strawman that says, this is what I currently think it takes to get a cigar club off the ground. If we can get 25 people together who want to explore it we'll elect some officers, get a business license, work out an operating agreement and business model and then go forward from there.

If you have general questions you can ask them here, in the email or later.

Also Mods if I'm in the wrong place move this thread but this is intended to be a business that DOESN'T generate a profit, any profits made by the club would be used for club improvements or charitable donations.

Hey Bryan, glad you came over here. Bryan is a good guy who has really gotten into cigars this last year. I had a chance to Herf with him a week or two ago in DC at Shelleys and bought a cabinet humidor off of him. I finally got the cabinet seasoned and now its holding my cigars.

I sat down with Bryan and he explained his idea of a cigar club for the DC/VA/MD area and I liked it. It is framed around the concepts of the Havana Club and the cigar club in Jersey. Bryan's ideas are pretty solid. If your looking for a cigar club shoot him a PM.
    The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, "You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done." -unknown

Bryan is a genuine BOTL. I had the pleasure of herfing with him in DC. He knows his stuff! For someone who just got into the cigar hobby last April, I was surprised as to how much he really knew. PLUS, his screenname doesn't do his collection of smokes any justice. He's beyond addiction, LOL!

Welcome to CS, Bryan! I wish you had this club started sooner, but unfortunately, I'll be uprooted to WV in the near future. Hope to herf with you again before I leave.

Andrew

I also had the pleasure of herfing with Addiction at Shelley in DC. Great guy and knows a lot about cigars.

Thread Information