Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: A little advice

Congratulations, glad to hear it worked out for you!
    There's only two kinds of cigars, the kind you like and the kind you don't.

Quote Originally Posted by FunkyCold5 View Post
    Congratulations! Just a heads up to anyone out there looking to move into a different company or getting out of school and just starting out:

If a company doesn't give you a FORMAL letter, nothing is certain. So you can tell them yes, but until they actually have that signed formal letter, you can do whatever you want and they can do whatever they want.

My brother and GF work in HR, and they've seen cases where people accepted offers, but then the day they were supposed to start working, they EMAIL not even freaking calling, EMAIL the company and say they were offered more money by their current company and will be declining working for them. Talk about BS! BUT, no law/rule against rescinding an agreed offer letter. They'll just keep records that you were an asshat and if you were ever to apply to that company again, it'll be on file.

Sick world, but you know what, sometimes you need to be aggressive, cuz you take care of yourself first, not the company and/or your co-workers, you first.

Andrew
    I had a shithead do that to me once. Offered him a job, then on his start date, he didn't show up. So I call him and he tells me he found a better job. I acted like a professional and wished him well. Don't ask what I really wanted to say. Some people have absolutely no consideration. Did he ever stop to think that I ceased my search as soon as he accepted the position? Probably not, since he acted like a self-absorbed dickhead.
    There's only two kinds of cigars, the kind you like and the kind you don't.

Quote Originally Posted by cigar no baka View Post
    I had a shithead do that to me once. Offered him a job, then on his start date, he didn't show up. So I call him and he tells me he found a better job. I acted like a professional and wished him well. Don't ask what I really wanted to say. Some people have absolutely no consideration. Did he ever stop to think that I ceased my search as soon as he accepted the position? Probably not, since he acted like a self-absorbed dickhead.
    Had the same kind of thing happen to me. The guy showed up for a few days, then called and said he found a better job. A couple of weeks later he actually had the balls to call me and say the job didn't work out, could he have his job back.

Thread Information