Thread: inhale?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. Default

I doubt I could inhale an entire ultra-light cigarette, muchless a full cigar...

Blog Entries

O.K., I'll admit to inhaling a couple of times on each third of a cigar, perhaps 3-5 small inhalations per smoke. I think it enhances my ability to taste the smoke. I don't inhale the full draw, and like I said, not on every draw.

I take a draw, let the smoke settle in my mouth, let some waft out and around my nose, then inhale a tiny bit and blow it out through my nose........on the other draws, I do it all the same, just omit the inhale. Just the way I do it, and I'm not recommending it for anyone else.

After quitting cigarettes it was hard not to inhale. And I could, because I was already used to inhaling. I finally learned not to inhale through my mouth but did allow the smoke to drift into my nose where I again inhaled some of it. After a few years and many boxes of Henry Clays, my sinus's were suffering. Now I make every attempt to not inhale and feel all the better for it.

I would never smoke a cigar like a cigarette, however:
    I hold the smoke in my mouth, and breathe through my nose at the same time, this causes some smoke to go down the tubes. I also let smoke trickle up into my noae and inhale a little that way.
    In both cases I think that it allows me to get a greater sense of the flavour of the cigar.
    I thought it was a tampon joke!

I gently sniff the smoke as it rolls out of my mouth after the draw, but that's it. Cigarrette smokers generally inhale when trying a cigar. Smoking without inhaling is an alien concept to them.
    "some people are like slinkies, they're not really good for anything but they can bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs." –Unknown

"He did for bullshit what Stonehenge did for rocks." -Cecil Adams

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Kenyth View Post
    I gently sniff the smoke as it rolls out of my mouth after the draw, but that's it. Cigarrette smokers generally inhale when trying a cigar. Smoking without inhaling is an alien concept to them.
    So do ex-cigarrette smokers I guess.......I'm one of them.

Blog Entries

somewhere here I saw a link to a youtube vid of some guy smoking a MAXX Freak like a cigarette

made me sick just watching

I also will inhale a bit through the nose, but every now and then I'll accidentally start to inhale a full draw... you get that instant lock-up of the lungs, and power-exhale, usually followed by 5 minutes of coughing.
    "We're at NOW now... everything that's hapening now... is happening NOW!"

~ Col. Sanders ~

"I guess all we need to do now is give a shit what you think. I'll work on that."

~ ashauler ~

I do my very best to never inhale, but as stated earlier, you cannot avoid a slight amount of smoke creeping in. For whatever it's worth, my Dr. told me years ago that inhaling cigar smoke is about 40 times more injurious than cigarettes. Either way, inhaling that rich heavy smoke has got to take its toll in a big, way sooner or later.
    Last edited by extreme45; 01-22-2009 at 01:21 PM. Reason: misspelled word
    "Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who did not". Thomas Jefferson

Who would want to inhale? The point of inhaling smoke is either a) as a nicotine delivery system or b) to get blazed. Since neither of these are goals when smoking a cigar, I don't see the point.
    End of line.

10. Default

I do not inhale when smoking for the most part but every once in awhile I will allow some smoke through my nose of into my lungs. It is only enough for a little more sense of the smoke never enough to make me cough. I am a non-cigarette smoker btw.
    Giudo Vido
    Vido's Cigars

Talk about waking the dead. How do you guys find these dead threads?
    "If you look for truth, you may find comfort in the end; if you look for comfort you will not get either comfort or truth only soft soap and wishful thinking to begin, and in the end, despair." -C.S. Lewis, Mere Christianity

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BigMacFU View Post
    Talk about waking the dead. How do you guys find these dead threads?
    It is proof that us noobs use search
    Craig
    Ahhhhhhhhhhh Cigar Jesus just wept - kevin7
    A cigar storage primer | Basic Cuban cigar info

Quote Originally Posted by ashauler View Post
    O.K., I'll admit to inhaling a couple of times on each third of a cigar, perhaps 3-5 small inhalations per smoke. I think it enhances my ability to taste the smoke. I don't inhale the full draw, and like I said, not on every draw.

I take a draw, let the smoke settle in my mouth, let some waft out and around my nose, then inhale a tiny bit and blow it out through my nose........on the other draws, I do it all the same, just omit the inhale. Just the way I do it, and I'm not recommending it for anyone else.
    This is what I mean by inhaling, I would never smoke a classy cigar like a trashy cigarette!

God, everytime I see this thread, it makes my lungs hurt.
    The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, "You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done." -unknown

I will usually inhale a quarter of the first 2 or 3 draws. I find this helps me focus in on the taste and also the enjoyment of the experience. I also like to get 3 to 4 really big draws off to make alot of smoke linger in the air around me…This helps with taking in the bouquet of the stick. I will also exhale a few draws out of my nose…I know inhaling a cigar is supposed to be bad but for me it’s just part of the experience and the enjoyment of it.

Thread Information