Thread: inhale?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Quote Originally Posted by ashauler View Post
    <snip>... Said PH control occurs throughout the tobacco production process....from soil management to fertilizer application to harvest time to curing process...etc,etc. PH is not the sole controlling factor, however it is one of the most important and controllable factors...<snip>
    This is pretty damn interesting. Is the goal to keep the soil slightly acidic?

Quote Originally Posted by CptnBlues63 View Post
    I chain smoked cig's for over 30 years and inhaled, of course. The whole point of a cigarette is it's a nicotine injection system. You sure as heck don't smoke them for the taste. About a year after quitting cig's and say 6 to 8 months after starting cigars, I had a drag off a cigarette and wondered why I ever smoked something that tastes like I imagine a dog's ass would were I to lick it.

Cigars on the other hand, have real flavors and that's the whole point of smoking them. I don't inhale them for two reasons.

1) I smoked cigarettes and inhaled because I was addicted to nicotine. I did not enjoy the withdrawal from said nicotine in the least and do not plan on EVER going through that again.
    ...<snippy snip>...
    2) I smoke cigars for the taste. There are no taste buds in my lungs.
    ...<snip snip>...
    I feel it's a case of each to their own but having been addicted hardcore to nicotine, I won't intentionally inhale cigars.
    I too was a slave to cigarettes. It took me ten years to kick the habit. However, I actually enjoyed the flavor of many different blends. Lucky strikes, and Drum come to mind. What really helped me quit was when they introduced the fire safe cigarette papers. Man, those taste like ass! Funny that I actually benefited from the heavy hand of federal regulation.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by FightingFish View Post
    This is pretty damn interesting. Is the goal to keep the soil slightly acidic?
    ..snip
    Short answer is yes...generally speaking a soil PH of 5.8 - 6.2 is what you're shooting for, or at least I am. Obviously, there are ways to manage the plant beyond simple soil management, but that's a much longer discussion. If you're truly interested, I can point you to a site where you can get this info and resources for more. PM me if you want.

Thread Information