Thread: Less talked about cigars

1. Default Less talked about cigars

What are some of the less talked about cigars, that are also very good. We all hear about the CAOs, the Rocky Patels, A. Fuente, etc. but what about the other brands out there that also have great smokes. Personally I love La Gloria Cubana. The Serie R maduro is my favorite so far. I know I havent smoked all that many cigars but I seem to always go back to this cigar. Havent heard to much about the brand other than a few mentions here and there. What are some others out there, that maybe we overlook at the B&Ms because you never hear about them?

Bucanero makes a damn tasty cigar... there isn't much variety between the different lines from that brand (they all kind of taste the same) but its a pretty good taste.

Columbus/Canton, OH (home of the Pro Football Hall of Fame!!!)

Roxxor makes some phenomenal cigars. If you ever get the chance to try them out I would highly recommend it. They run around $4-$5.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ReV View Post
    Bucanero makes a damn tasty cigar... there isn't much variety between the different lines from that brand (they all kind of taste the same) but its a pretty good taste.
    I agree with this, but I think they are a little over priced also.....at least at my local they are.

I got a sampler of the Bucanero from tampahumidor a while ago and really enjoyed them. I think they were between $2.50 and $3.00 a stick there.

spiffy

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by spiffykyle View Post
    I got a sampler of the Bucanero from tampahumidor a while ago and really enjoyed them. I think they were between $2.50 and $3.00 a stick there.

spiffy
    $6 - $10 at my local.

While I take CA's ratings with a grain of salt. I did see in this issue that the SLR No. 5 was thier highest rated PC. These come in a 5 pack tin and run 13.95 a pack, at least here. So I grabbed some. I was surprised at how good these were. Granted they have probably been aging in my local's humi for a couple of years based on the dust on the package (which surprised me because his place is spotless except for these) and the because they were tucked sort of out of the way where non-moving inventory seems to migrate.

These were spicy with a nice flavor. Try some of these.

Oliva - Very consistant with their pricing structure. Everything from the Serie G up to the Master Blends 3 are simply a good value. I love the Special S.

Oliva's storing and aging recommendations are just a little different than some. I guess I need to remove the cellophane from all my sticks.

http://www.olivacigar.com/fundamentals.aspx
    Last edited by DeeDubya; 02-11-2008 at 04:16 PM. Reason: Link

i think the AVO robusto tubos are good the have a nice sweetness to them with just the right amount of spice for my virgin palet.

montesino, great cigars, not thatcheap, but i feel they are rarely mentioned on this board.
    Mark 8:36

Carlos Toranos are worth a try if you feel like something new.

Thread Information