Thread: Mardi Gras anyone

Default Mardi Gras anyone

Just wondering if anyone on the board was going to enjoy any Mardi Gras parades or celebrations. Living in south Louisiana, Mardi Gras is an official unoffcial holiday. I'm planning on going to a Baton Rouge parade tommorrow, it is the closet to a New Orleans parade as we get in the capital city, it's rather non-pc, but that is why it is so great. The year after Katrina the theme was "FEMAture Evacuation".

I also want to go to Bacchus on Sunday night, but that is still up in the air. Hulk Hogan is the king of Bacchus this year, and I was sort of a Hulkamaniac when I was a youngster.

Anyway, I know much of the gulf coast celebrates Mardi Gras, anyone got any plans?
    Believe Dat!

Friday night we went downtown for the parades; the Thursday parade got postponed because of those storms that rolled through Thursday night so they tacked on the end of the Friday night parade making one massive parade. Had to go to class today, but we're off for fat Tuesday tomorrow... may go to the parades, may not.... think i'm going to one tonight.

When I used to live there yes...no more fat tuesday in forida now :(

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by guado View Post
    When I used to live there yes...no more fat tuesday in forida now :(
    Hey, take a ride down by the beach. I don't know about Tampa, but Pretty much every Tuesday is Fat Tuesday around here.

I'm not particularly religious, but I do understand the Lenten Season. Do you guys give up anything for Lent?

Quote Originally Posted by Smoked! View Post
    Hey, take a ride down by the beach. I don't know about Tampa, but Pretty much every Tuesday is Fat Tuesday around here.

I'm not particularly religious, but I do understand the Lenten Season. Do you guys give up anything for Lent?
    i gave up fast food...

What's Lent? Does that answer your question?

Thread Information