Thread: Favorite smokes?

Default Favorite smokes?

Now that I've been smoking cigars a few years, I'm going to put my vote in on my favorites for the Mild, Medium, and Full categories. This list doesn't take ISOM's into cosideration.

Mild: Montecristo White label. A consistently tasty Connecticut wrapped beauty. Lots of creamy tasty smoke. Not so mild as to be flavorless. Fairly pricey, but worth it for a treat.

Medium: Rocky Patel Vintage '90' or '92'. Both these cigars are very similar. Very consistent. I've enjoyed every one I've smoked. Since I tend to favor medium bodied cigars, these are my all around favorite. Very cedary and aromatic, with a hint of sweetness on the palate. Not cheap, but not terribly priced either.

Full: Padron Anniversario. A beautiful smoke, and a "must try" for everyone. An excellent accompaniment to enjoy with fine Bourbon, Scotch, or Cognac. Heady, complex, and pricey. Hard to find, it seems, as well.

You'll notice I didn't include the famed Opus X. The Opus is certainly a fine smoke, but it didn't blow me away like I expected.

Feel free to follow with comments, or your own choices.
    "some people are like slinkies, they're not really good for anything but they can bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs." –Unknown

"He did for bullshit what Stonehenge did for rocks." -Cecil Adams

Blog Entries

I have to agree with you on the RP vintage, actually one of my first premium cigar purchases.

I've never had a Monte white, but I have one chillin in the cooler.
    I've had a couple of the Padrons, and burnt my fingers each time.

I've never had an Opus X or any ISOM, but I'm about to pull the trigger on the X
    "We're at NOW now... everything that's hapening now... is happening NOW!"

~ Col. Sanders ~

"I guess all we need to do now is give a shit what you think. I'll work on that."

~ ashauler ~

Quote Originally Posted by Kenyth View Post
    Now that I've been smoking cigars a few years, I'm going to put my vote in on my favorites for the Mild, Medium, and Full categories. This list doesn't take ISOM's into cosideration.

Mild: Montecristo White label. A consistently tasty Connecticut wrapped beauty. Lots of creamy tasty smoke. Not so mild as to be flavorless. Fairly pricey, but worth it for a treat.

Medium: Rocky Patel Vintage '90' or '92'. Both these cigars are very similar. Very consistent. I've enjoyed every one I've smoked. Since I tend to favor medium bodied cigars, these are my all around favorite. Very cedary and aromatic, with a hint of sweetness on the palate. Not cheap, but not terribly priced either.

Full: Padron Anniversario. A beautiful smoke, and a "must try" for everyone. An excellent accompaniment to enjoy with fine Bourbon, Scotch, or Cognac. Heady, complex, and pricey. Hard to find, it seems, as well.
    I agree whole heartily about the Montecristo White, probably my favorite mild cigar. I also love the RP vintages, probably my second favorite medium behind CAO Black.

I haven't had a Padron Anniversary yet, though I'm real anxious to try one now since your favorites are 2 for 2 with me.

Blog Entries

I too agree with the MC white for the mild category. My favorite medium would probably be the Cusano 18 paired maduro. The full category goes to Habanos Puros Fuerte.

I have yet to have a PAM or PAN...but that should change shortly.

Mild: Opus.
    Medium: CAO Black/ Cabaiguan
    Full: Tat Noella, LFD Cam. Cabinet
    The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, "You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done." -unknown

mild=CAO Gold
    medium = Montesino
    fulll = comacho coyolar
    Mark 8:36

Currently favorite cigar is a tie between RP Vintage 1992 and the RP Sun Grown. I haven't had that many cigars yet, though, so this is subject to change.

Quote Originally Posted by Mitch View Post
    Currently favorite cigar is a tie between RP Vintage 1992 and the RP Sun Grown. I haven't had that many cigars yet, though, so this is subject to change.
    id have to agree with mitch RP's are deffinently my favs

Quote Originally Posted by here'sjohnny View Post
    mild=CAO Gold
    medium = Montesino
    fulll = camacho coyolar

The Coyolar deserves a tier of it's own. The "So much Ligero, it's insane!" tier. I have never had a stronger cigar. My mouth was burning and tingling for some time after smoking it, and it's one of the few cigars capable of making me light headed.

I can't say I really liked it. It was too strong for my tastes. Very overpowering. I like some of Camacho's other smokes, though they are all "Full" flavored IMO. The SLR, Cameroon, Corojo, and Diploma to name a few.
    "some people are like slinkies, they're not really good for anything but they can bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs." –Unknown

"He did for bullshit what Stonehenge did for rocks." -Cecil Adams

to the RP Sun Grown. One of my favorites right now.

spiffy

I am bad at ranking....depends on mood. Way too many choices....the first few that come to mind.

MILD: AVO 787
    MEDIUM: AURORA 100 ANOS , Sir Winston Churchill
    FULL: LFD SMALL BATCH , GRAYCLIFF ESPRESSO

This list would probably change from month to month, but at the moment here are my faves... ...also, what might be mild to me could be stronger for others and vice-versa:

Mild- Cuesta-Rey, Padron 3000, MC #5

Medium- Oliva O, Cabaiguan, Davidoff Gran Cru, Illusione, Padron 64

Full- Camacho Corojo, LFD Double Ligero, JDN Antano
    Mama said a lot of things and be thankful was the one she never minded saying twice

--Drive-By Truckers

One of my favorite smokes is the carlos torano exodus 1959 torpedo. Extremely flavorful medium-full bodied smoke

I'm going to have to go with Punch Rare Corojo, I can't smoke enough of them
    “Happiness? A good cigar, a good meal, a good cigar and a good woman - or a bad woman; it depends on how much happiness you can handle.”
    - George Burns

“I have to laugh when I think of the first cigar, because it was probably just a bunch of rolled up tobacco leaves”
    - Jack Handy

In no particular order

Coronado by La Flor
    Cameroon Cabinet La Flor
    Alec Bradley SCR
    Joya De Nicaragua Serie C
    Occupation Foole

Blog Entries

Mild: Oliva Serie G
    Medium: Illusione ECCJ/Cabaiguan Guapos RX/Ashton Heritage Robusto
    Full: Not sure, I don't smoke too many "full" smokes
    Smoke em' if you got em'

i know i said a few posts ago that the torano exodus 1959 was a favorite. still is. but in my short 3 years of smoking I stumbled upon a perdomo lot 23 maduro.

I was sitting at a restaurant maybe a month ago smoking an torano casa torano torpedo(outside on the patio of course). an older gentlement comments on my cigar and tells me hes been smoking the perdomo lot 23 maduro and that it was a fantastic smoke. I said thank you to him and he let me get back to the people i was with. Never caught his name tho.

Was online a couple weeks ago and ordered a 5 pack of the robusto size. I let them rest for about a week or so before trying one. The smell was great. It smelled like a bag of chocolate chex mix with alittle tobacco sprinkled in. I lit it up and was hooked. an awesome cigar. my top 5 in a short smoking career. just purchased a box the other day and waiting patiently until it comes ago. a perfect everyday smoke, especially for the bargain price of $70 (20)

in my short few months, I have found that my favorite so far is a ERDM rectangulares. although, I did try a camacho legend arios that was also very tasty. I do beleive the Camacho is in the med to full scheme, but it was packed with loads of great flavor with out being to overpowering.

As of right now what comes to my mind first is:

Full...Camacho Triple Maduro
    Medium...Hemmingway WOAM
    Mild....Ashton Aged Maduro

Rich

Mild: RP Vintage '99

Medium
    : Monte Media Noche

Full: Man O' War Ruination

Thread Information