Thread: Raul Castro = Cuban Cigars For States ?

1. Default Raul Castro = Cuban Cigars For States ?

He says he wishes to normalize relations with America. Sending a million cuban cigars to our cigar stores would be a nice start.

Yeah, I hope the embargo remains in place. Trust me, it would not be good for quality or prices for a long time.
    "If you look for truth, you may find comfort in the end; if you look for comfort you will not get either comfort or truth only soft soap and wishful thinking to begin, and in the end, despair." -C.S. Lewis, Mere Christianity

Blog Entries

Cuban cigar prices might sky rocket, but prices of the non ISOM cigars we have come to love will most likely fall. Everyone and his brother are going to want to smoke Cuban cigars, you are right and there won’t be enough to go around, you are right. But the infrastructure in the DR, Honduras, and Nicaragua isn't going anywhere. I would expect the non ISOM quality to stay about the same and the prices of non ISOM cigars to go down because of the lessened demand. Those of us who know enough about cigars to be dangerous will continue to smoke our favorite non ISOM brands just like we have been smoking for years.
    Last edited by hex1848; 02-19-2008 at 06:38 PM.
    Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere. -- Carl Sagan

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by hex1848 View Post
    Cuban cigar prices might sky rocket, but prices of the non ISOM cigars we have come to love will most likely fall. Everyone and his brother are going to want to smoke Cuban cigars, you are right and there won’t be enough to go around, you are right. But the infrastructure in the DR, Honduras, and Nicaragua isn't going anywhere. I would expect the non ISOM quality to stay about the same and the prices of non ISOM cigars to go down because of the lessened demand. Those of us who know enough about cigars to be dangerous cigars will continue to smoke our favorite non ISOM brands just like we have been smoking for years.
    I agree, those less informed will for sure jump right on the isom bandwagon and the other manufacturers will have to respond.......if it happens, this boom should benefit us.

It will be quite a while before we have to worry about this...

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ggiese View Post
    It will be quite a while before we have to worry about this...
    maybe, but changes like this tend to pick up speed quickly, once the ball starts rolling!
    "We're at NOW now... everything that's hapening now... is happening NOW!"

~ Col. Sanders ~

"I guess all we need to do now is give a shit what you think. I'll work on that."

~ ashauler ~

In the long term, I think hex is dead on.

Short term, I'm going with ggiese

Also Cuban prices might jump on up there. It would be a geart time to gouge the public. Lots of non cigar smokers would go buy some just because.

I know it will be a long time before the embargo ends. I believe Cuba would have to reform their government into one that is democratically elected from a pool of political parties. It will take a while. Castro will have to be in the ground before this happens, I believe. Still, it makes me want to pick up a box just to do it while it's still... well, not easy to do.

In the long and short term, I hope for the sake of the Cuban people, the Castro bros. and commy pals get the hell out of dodge. Sure, it might not be good for my cigar loving self, but people are more important in the end, right?
    "If you look for truth, you may find comfort in the end; if you look for comfort you will not get either comfort or truth only soft soap and wishful thinking to begin, and in the end, despair." -C.S. Lewis, Mere Christianity

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BigMacFU View Post
    In the long and short term, I hope for the sake of the Cuban people, the Castro bros. and commy pals get the hell out of dodge. Sure, it might not be good for my cigar loving self, but people are more important in the end, right?

Well Said

with an average government salary equivelent of $19.00 a month, I burn that up almost daily... on non-cuban cigars
    "We're at NOW now... everything that's hapening now... is happening NOW!"

~ Col. Sanders ~

"I guess all we need to do now is give a shit what you think. I'll work on that."

~ ashauler ~

Blog Entries

I'll enjoy the smokes I have now.

As a retailer...........I would love to see the embargo lifted. Just for the fact everyone would want to try one Cuban cigar. Whether cigar lover or non-smoker. Its that mystical unicorn thing.

BUT, I dont think this will happen in my life time. President Bush commented the other day......he wants to aid in demoracy, but we (USA) will not be fooled by the Castro boys fixing elections! We have a long way to go. Castros.......a new US President (soon) .......neither are going to give fast in this political game of chess. It seems trivial to many cigar smokers, but this has turned into a big political issue of peoples rights!

Current political conditions suggest there will be no change in policy for quite some time, so I bet we will not see Cuban cigars available in the US for quite a while.

However - I also bet on the HD-DVD format....

That's why we need Ron Paul in office, but he is a bit too progressive for America. Maybe in about 50 years America will have caught up to him. Or maybe fortunately, or unfortunately, however you look at it, America will catch up to him sooner.

The only reason we don't have Cuban cigars now is our government. It is our fault, not Cuba's government's fault. All we have to do is say, ok, we are going to trade with you and help strenghten your economy.

Even a communist is a child of God.

Or do you think America went into Iraq and banned Cuba for the benefit of those countries' citizens? Really? Steps down now.

I know I went into politics and religion on that one, please forgive.
    Last edited by cls515; 02-21-2008 at 05:44 PM.

16. Default

Quote Originally Posted by ggiese View Post
    Current political conditions suggest there will be no change in policy for quite some time, so I bet we will not see Cuban cigars available in the US for quite a while.

However - I also bet on the HD-DVD format....
    I agree on your first point...I went with Blu-Ray.

Thread Information