View Poll Results: Which beads should I buy?

Voters
9. You may not vote on this poll
  • Heartfelt Industry Beads

8 88.89%
  • The Other Company's Beads

1 11.11%

Thread: Which Beads?

Default Which Beads?

Okay, so I'm going to buy some 65 RH beads, but do I go with Heartfelt Industries or the other company that I believe CC has linked to?

Let the games begin!

Blog Entries

If you're thinking about Climmax, CALL him (Vern) first!! He's had some health bouts of late so he's got more important business ot take care of but I'd give him a call.
    TBSCigars - "On Holiday"
    Grammar - It's the difference between knowing your crap and knowing you're crap.

I ordered mine from Climmax and would never order from him again. I know some people say he has had health problems but his customer service was horrible. It took 1 month to get my order and everytime I called him he said it was packaged and ready for shipment.... Never reponded to any e-mails.....

My next order will be from Heartfelt

Just my 2¢

Blog Entries

I gotta say, I can't argue with Tommy on this one. I just feel a sense of loyalty to Vern because I've done business with him in the past. I had good experiences up until my latest order which got "lost"

Vern felt bad and took care of me though so it all worked out but again, give him a call and see what he says. If you get his answering machine and he doesn't call you back, go with heartfelt. I've heard very good things about heartfelt.
    TBSCigars - "On Holiday"
    Grammar - It's the difference between knowing your crap and knowing you're crap.

I ordered my beads from Heartfelt. Excellent customer service and quick shipping. I'd order from them again in a heartbeat.

Excuse me for asking, but what are beads?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BigDirtyFoot
    Excuse me for asking, but what are beads?
    They are used to humidify your humidor. The general consensus is that they are superior to floral foam and other humidification devices on the market.
    TBSCigars - "On Holiday"

I purchased mine from Vern.
    Horrible experience. It took forever to receive them.

I recently purchased from Viper..and received my order in 3 days.. with great customer service..

I say go with Heartfelt.

Default Next Question

Do I buy the aluminum thingy or do I just buy the half pound-1 lb. bag and fill up the plastic humidifier that I have that has the floral foam in it?

I've got questions, you've got answers!

Can't go wrong with HeartFelt I've ordered from him twice.

Thanks for the explanation - is there anywhere I could get a picture of them in use?

Default SOMEBODY PLEASE ANSWER ME :smiley19:

Do I buy the aluminum thingy or do I just buy the half pound-1 lb. bag and fill up the plastic humidifier that I have that has the floral foam in it?

BigMac,

The aluminum container for the beads is good but takes up some space. It's good for a 100-150 humi, though. I use the medium size tube and have had great results from it. My humidor holds 75-100. It took a week or so for the humi to stabilize after I put the beads in but now it is rock solid. I use the 65% beads. Actually, you really don't need any specialized container for these beads. I have a friend that uses a very small petri dish filled with the beads and it works great. Any of the containers are just for convenience purposes. It just depends what you prefer. Get you order in by the 9th as Hearfelt will be down for 4 weeks. Good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by BigDirtyFoot
    Thanks for the explanation - is there anywhere I could get a picture of them in use?
    BDF,

Here is a piture i have of the 65% beads in use.

I have them in a plastic cup and have them sitting in my TUPPERDOR..I use here at work.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC02110.JPG 
Views:	228 
Size:	33.4 KB 
ID:	36  

Default Half-pounder

Sweet, sweet candy, I got the half-pound bag and will utilize half it in my current humidifier case, unless the beads are to small, then I'll use a special little set of tic-tac boxes because they take up very little depth in my humidor, hooah!

Thanks for all the responses!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BigMacFU

Here's just the answer you're looking for:

EITHER

Personally, I would buy JUST the beads. I leave them open in a smal bowl or small plastic container which works fine for me. The only problem people have with this is if you spill the bowl, you have beads everywhere. This is why many people put the beads in pantyhose.

Since I use large coolers where the chances of spiling the beads are slim to none, I don't bother with the panty hose.
    TBSCigars - "On Holiday"

Here's a question to those of you who have used the Heartfelt beads...how much do you need for a 75-100 count desktop humidor? I know the website has a tube of beads for a "medium" desktop and another for a "large", but I'm not sure exactly what size these would be.

If I want some for a coolerdor, too, should I get two tubes, or just a half pound bag?

Quote Originally Posted by flushh
    Here's a question to those of you who have used the Heartfelt beads...how much do you need for a 75-100 count desktop humidor? I know the website has a tube of beads for a "medium" desktop and another for a "large", but I'm not sure exactly what size these would be.

If I want some for a coolerdor, too, should I get two tubes, or just a half pound bag?
    Rule of thumb is 1 ounce of beads per 50 count cigars.

Medium tube has 1 ounce and large tube has 2 ounces.

Quote Originally Posted by Viper139
    Rule of thumb is 1 ounce of beads per 50 count cigars.

Medium tube has 1 ounce and large tube has 2 ounces.

Thanks!! If I don't get my order in by tomorrow...see you in a month!

Thread Information